View Poll Results: Should Bob Thompson and Leo Garvey be suspended for expressing their opinions
YES 3 2.46%
NO 119 97.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Mikethefixit,

Here's the dilema many members face. Yes the International level folks can be very trying and as offputting as they can be. The Units many of us belong to are so much fun that it's hard to think about leaving the Unit to spite the International.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
Portland , Oregon
It's interesting. I had a mentor when I first joined my present employer. He was a wealth of practical wisdom. One of thing he drilled in to my rather thick head was (and I paraphase) "... feedback from others is a gift. You may not like the feedback but the fact they took the time to talk to you about it or write it down is something to think about because they are usually not alone in their observations"

I've tried to adpopt that approach (not always successfully ) and it's helped in my career and life.

I would not have enjoyed being the recipient of Bob's letter, but it would have made me think about how many others feel the same way but chose not to tell me. Then it would be time to do some descrete inquiries from from other and see if my head was really up my a$$. It's happened before... it will again and all I can hope is to learn and reduce the frequency of insertion. LOL

YMMV

Old 08-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #17
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
... What's the point of having a poll?....
the point of a poll or yet another thread on this issue is to riddle the forums with this drivel...

continuing to HOPE that a few newbies will buy a TICKET, and board this train WRECK.

a couple of years ago, when the first page here was 90% wb' GAME THREADS...

some of us suggested leo and company START A NEW WEBSITE for this stuff...

and they did. it was a good thing and continues today.

VERY quickly things here got back to camping, repairs and axle fights.

but as the club continues to LOSE RELAVANCE to the average 'streamer, so too has the 'save' site...

SO these TOTALLY TRIVIAL recent chapters of the recurring wb' novel get plastered here again.

i've got NO fondness for ANY of the wb' bobblehead and have often suggested they ALL need to go...

but, 65gt COMPLAINED REPEATEDLY on his website about a certain nw wb' unit....

that included a story about a FORUM rally in their newsletter....

""""the wb units have no place covering airforum events in wb materials...."""

""""the forums are the ANTICLUB,

we shouldn't be giving our members info about their events, which COMPETE with ours.....""""

and so on. he went ON AND ON for a full thread on s'wally, about this evil place, airforums...

while others disagreed with him, his posts DID reveal a LOT about his core strategy....

SO i find it ironic, poetic and goose4gander, that the crying comes here now again.

see it's OK for wb' ladder climbers to use THESE forums to BROADCAST these FLOPS from the DYING FISH...

but a crime when a fun camping event NOT associated with the FISH, gets a little play in the unit newsletter....

so MY VOTE is YES SUSPEND "bob and leo"....

in fact SUSPEND THEM ALL FOR A YEAR!

that's right, every fakely elected officer in the wb' should be suspended for awhile...

ne1 with a title, ne1 with a rule book, ne1 with an organizational chart, ne1 with a beret,

AND NE1 who wants to VOTE on anything...

because EVERYONE with rank, IS RANK...

try 1 year with JUST members, MAKE everyone a MAL one year

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another,reson and force.If you want me to do something for you,you have a choice of either convncing me via argument or force.Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories,without exception.reason or force that it.
In a truly moral and civilized society,people exclusiveily interact through persuasion,force has no place as a valid method of social interaction.
Bob and Leo used peruasion,WBCCI used force.
And thats the honky tonk truth.
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
try 1 year with JUST members, MAKE everyone a MAL one year

cheers
2air'
I like it! Think of all the monies that will not be needed. We could skip indexes, BBs, and dues for a year too, maybe have something up online that volunteers (the free kind of volunteers) upload for us to read without cost. Then all we have to do is assemble, pay our own way, go camping, and have fun. It works for the forums now doesn't it? No need for rules and business meetings or elections, it's all pretty simple, 1 voice for each person and don't even need to write that down to figure it out or remember what's right.

Jimmini has it right too.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Goin Campin
The problem is the international seems to be takin all the fun out of campin, and it rolls down hill to the locals units and takes their fun away also from all the hate and discontent. I know the local units can be fun ,I have camped with WBCCI people they are great.
I really don't think Wally meant it to be like this.
I agree wiff 2air, Suspend anyone wiff a title for one yr. Get some forward thinking young people in the drivers seat and see where this bus goes.I know that don't sound right cause Im old but the young ones are the future of the orginzation.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
It works Carol WE JUST PROVED IT at Detroit-Metro Rally With everyone working together WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME.
Roger
Old 08-26-2008, 03:25 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
As far as the IBT goes---one's character is shown by how he handles truthful criticism. zz
Old 08-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Goin Campin
Truer words were never said.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Old 08-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Not what Wally would want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
The problem is the international seems to be takin all the fun out of campin, and it rolls down hill to the locals units and takes their fun away also from all the hate and discontent.
I agree....and, this is partly why it has taken us 4 years before we finally mailed in our application to join WBCCI! I am hoping that, if all (some?) of us that have been sitting on the fence or registering as MAL's make the move, perhaps we can help things change for the better before the club disintegrates...

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 08-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
virginia beach , Virginia
Cool

I can't help it I have to say it. This incident reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry gave his dad a Cadillac and the board members of the retirement community were making assumptions about where his dad got the money for the car, and voted Jerry's dad off of the board and they ended up moving back to NY from Florida.http://www.airforums.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif
In the end what really is important? Having fun camping with friends and family or maintaining status quo in a club that got started as a way to organize some of the trips and events to have more fun camping? I doubt they will run Bob off the campground should he try to attend a rally or go camping. Will they( WBCCI) lock up his airstream? take his tow hitch from him? Ban him for a year from AS only campgrounds?
I think it's time to take a step back and relax for everyone involved in this incident and just go camping. Go enjoy life as we aren't here forever.
Pride makes us do foolish things.
WBCCI #02579
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Goin Campin!

I find myself rather in agreement with 2-air-is-human. The WBCCI will find itself shrinking and shrinking. They ARE Neanderthal man and Homo Sapiens is already here. We didn't come to destroy Neanderthal, but that IS the inevitable upshot of the situation. Current science says that our species does not carry any Neanderthal DNA, but there's not a whole lot of Neanderthal DNA around to test, is there? Respect the earlier life form even though you know it's days are limited.

If you have a mind to join a local unit and "go camping" - do so. The politics? All fish flop around while they are dying.

I have been told that the IBT has boycotted Forum Rallies in the past even though they've been cordially invited. Why bypass an opportunity to "sell" the benefits of joining the WBCCI?

The evil part of me says, gee they do a great job of posting when and where their rallies will be.... what would happen if the FORUM folks just accidently showed up for a parallel rally in the same campground now and then? Would the universe collapse due to a rupture in the space-time continuum?

Or would a few people start looking over the fence and saying, Hm, a wine tasting? ...A pot luck where no one brings tuna casserole? ...What the hell IS hummas? No prayer meeting Sunday morning? What the heck is a polishing party? What the heck are Rivettes? Why are they having so much fun? Maybe no one would notice if I wandered over there for a few minutes. I can just see the sargent at arms posting perimeter guards and requiring loyalty oaths. Tail Gunner Joe McCarthy, where are you?

Paula
Old 08-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #27
AirForums Sponsor

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1954 25' Cruiser
2005 25' International CCD
Paradise , Texas
All this crap about a club supposedly about travel and camping. Sounds like to me the IBT has been taking cues from the politicians in this country. Frankly I don't want to be associated with either of them. I can blow my $55 on camping fees to some nice park or on a few gallons of diesel fuel...
AirForums #1565
WBCCI #7162
Heart of Texas Camping Unit
Paul Mayeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I find myself rather in agreement with 2-air-is-human. The WBCCI will find itself shrinking and shrinking. They ARE Neanderthal man and Homo Sapiens is already here. We didn't come to destroy Neanderthal, but that IS the inevitable upshot of the situation. Current science says that our species does not carry any Neanderthal DNA, but there's not a whole lot of Neanderthal DNA around to test, is there? Respect the earlier life form even though you know it's days are limited.

If you have a mind to join a local unit and "go camping" - do so. The politics? All fish flop around while they are dying.

I have been told that the IBT has boycotted Forum Rallies in the past even though they've been cordially invited. Why bypass an opportunity to "sell" the benefits of joining the WBCCI?

The evil part of me says, gee they do a great job of posting when and where their rallies will be.... what would happen if the FORUM folks just accidently showed up for a parallel rally in the same campground now and then? Would the universe collapse due to a rupture in the space-time continuum?

Or would a few people start looking over the fence and saying, Hm, a wine tasting? ...A pot luck where no one brings tuna casserole? ...What the hell IS hummas? No prayer meeting Sunday morning? What the heck is a polishing party? What the heck are Rivettes? Why are they having so much fun? Maybe no one would notice if I wandered over there for a few minutes. I can just see the sargent at arms posting perimeter guards and requiring loyalty oaths. Tail Gunner Joe McCarthy, where are you?

Paula
Hi Paula,

I'm gonna let you in on a secret.

There is lots of cross polination between WBCCI and Airforums rallies. Many do both.

I gotta say that your idea of a dual rally really cracks me up. They could be more alike than different. Depending on which Unit you camp next to.

Sadly the problem at the International level of the club is simple. Good people that don't realize that change is healthy.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4