Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #121
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
can you say "Stalker"??????????
I remember the time you were stalked by a badger!
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Look, my point was only that when you interface with a participant of an event, such as International, and you are a volunteer performing some specific capacity, like the head of the Bull Pen, You should remember who the customer actually is and perhaps listen to their needs a little.
If I had been in that bull pen, I would have listened to the needs the person had (stay parked there until after the meeting) or answered any questions (Where is the rest of the VAC? Oh, they are already parked, the plans changed) and worked with the person a little better.
I believe that by addressing this issue, there is a potential for change in the bull pit processing of the incoming. Personally, I believe the lady who "helped" us needs to move out of the bull pit and just go enjoy International. Anybody who takes a job like that as seriously as she did needs a break.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #123
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Let me tell you an Airstreaming Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
I remember the time you were stalked by a badger!
there I was, caravaning to Salem when I was stalked by a Badger............

Yes attending a WBCCI caravan.......... having a great WBCCI time............
Taking photos of the hillside and a wild badger, not a trailer parked in the grass..... not worrying about the black top, only about a Badger that was stalking me!
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #124
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
can you say "Stalker"??????????

I feel violated ................
You flatter yourself too much. I took over 650 photos while on the road to, during, and after Madison. I took a photo of every single rig in the vintage section. I even took photos of Gold Row where after 25 years in the club one gets special treatment. Stalker. Now that is very funny.

Everyday your face is photographed 100's of times. You are rarely aware it is taking place. "They" are all stalking you.

Here is one of my favorite ones from Madison...
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1506.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	134381
Two minutes later our unit President was turned left onto the pavement.

PS my first job was working on a dairy farm. I wake at 4am every morning still to this day. Never knew it was a crime to wake early and begin ones day.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #125
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
VAC parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
I'm still not sure I follow the logistics here. If a Vintage Airstream Club requires that you own a Vintage Airstream, then my guess is that vintage unit would have parking preferences for a whole number of reasons.

There likely isn't air conditioning in many vintage rigs, so no/to little need for 30amp.

Leaving vintage rigs without 30amp and without A/C to bake on the pavement (regardless of any amperage) vs putting non-vintage rigs on the pavement just doesn't make sense.

Truthfully had I been VAC (which I was) and was camping on hot blacktop because a lot of MEMBER non-vintage rigs were on our typically designated grass slots, that would be the last year of my membership.

You charge a premium for an intra-club, you have qualifications to be a FULL MEMBER and there better be a preference for those members and their vintage rigs in the process. Otherwise you can expect membership to plummet as a result.

So what did VAC membership turn out to be by June 1st -- did it ever get much above what I think was a reported 250 membership level earlier in the year?

Oh, and has anyone ever seen ANYTHING in the Classic Airstream parking area other than a Classic Airstream? I don't think so...

__
Please don't compare VAC parking to CAC parking. There is NOT a CAC parking area. We park wherever we are placed and sometimes between two big motorhomes.
tintent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #126
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
That great philosopher Pogo may have summed up most of the WBCCI comments best......
Attached Images

WBCCI #1200
Grand Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #127
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
The recordings of the 2011 International Rally meetings are now posted on the WBCCI site.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #128
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks for the heads up Bill. That was quick!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #129
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
What is the URL for the site?

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #130
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
http://www.wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageS...Live_Broadcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
What is the URL for the site?
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #131
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Just started to listen to the June 25th AM secession

I suggest you listen at 23 mins. into the secession to Don Schaffer comments and at 31 mins. to Jim Franklin.

Mr Franklin is now referring to those of the membership seeking change as Hostel and or an unhappy elements.

Keep listing for the comment that follow that set these individuals straight.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #132
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Mr Franklin is now referring to those of the membership seeking change as Hostel and or an unhappy elements.
I represent that!

So far, I have hung in to the club mainly to support good friends in the unit, however, this repeat of the moho thing may very well be the last straw for me. If it passes, I am gone.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #133
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I listened to Jim Franklin's comments and was astounded. Fortunately I did not hear other comments in agreement with his statements. In fact I heard many speak to the contrary and take strong exception. He speaks of observing the constitutional attack of the last year or so and the existence of a hostile element that reared its head for about 5 years making attempts to seize control of the club. (Isn't that the same time when a big emphasis and appeal for volunteers to step up and help run the club because of dwindling numbers of volunteers was made?) Besides the revision committee he also associates the Denco motion with being a hostile element and as being an avenue to get the unhappy elements into into the position they are seeking to run the club. You will recall it is Forrest's amendment designed as a checks and balance to the IBT to give delegates more power in decision making. But Mr. Franklin gives an admonition to the IBT in regard to that to run and protect the club and its welfare telling them, "You have the responsibility to stand up and put down these hostile elements that may be violating our freedom of speech." All I can say is Denco, it's a wise choice to run this motion through all the units for majority acceptance, circumventing IBT approval or redirection. There appears to be a some cohesion in Mr. Franklin's denegrating assessment of those who hold dissenting opinions from his. Not only are we not quality but now we are referred to as "unhappy elements."

Don Shafer would like a vote or mandate from membership as to whether a new constitution is needed. If delegates say it is not needed then all efforts would be an exercise in futility. He ended expressing his commitment to devote every effort and strength to accomplish the work to make it happen if that is what the membership wants. "I serve at the will of the IBT and I serve at the will of the membership of the club."

photography
Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 AM   #134
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
It was quite refreshing to see the Club Treasure and a Tom Smithson, member of the Revision Committee, counter to Don and Jim's gross misrepresentation of the history and intent of the of the Revision Committee. The applause from the audience was also refreshing.

Yes the Revised By Laws have been submitted and should be released ASAP so reasonable consideration to the complete Constitution and By Laws can be completed.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #135
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I think we need to vote as Don Shafer suggested to see if membership wants the constitution to change. I will worry about it when and if my unit asks for my opinion next time. I am tired of following the antics, posturing, contention and energies devoted to something repeatedly guaranteed that never came to fruition. I'm not buying it again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I also happen to agree with the recommendation Don Shafer made. It would be better to review the whys and wherefores of his rejection rather than work from a point concentrating only on the fact he did not recommend it. There was much to be garnered from his recommendation that could have been strengthened rather than to vilify him for the expression of his opinion. There was a very detailed review with much information that could have served the special committee well to work from had they regarded Don Shafer's report. There were always inherent weaknesses to what we were shown and told to us by members and supporters of the special revision committee. I mentioned long before there would be a conflict between the standing and special committee only to be told emphatically I was incorrect. I suppose it depends on who is grading the papers to decide what marks everyone has earned. It certainly has been a telling experience.

photography
Old 07-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #136
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
It was quite refreshing to see the Club Treasure and a Tom Smithson, member of the Revision Committee, counter to Don and Jim's gross misrepresentation of the history and intent of the of the Revision Committee. The applause from the audience was also refreshing.
The origin and formation of the special committee preceeded the anouncement that was made at the Mid-Winter IBT meeting. It is Don Shafer's contention that membership be made aware of where this came from and he may well be referring to some of the same information Bob Novak's posts gave here on the forums as to who, when, where, and why the committee was started. Bob Moss' comments, that we know where it came from it came from, from the IP announcement at the Mid-Winter meeting, only places the time of the official announcement of the committee to the membership. It will be interesting to continue to follow the events and comments with regard to the committee.

photography
Old 07-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #137
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
For those that may still question or subscribe to some of the misinformation frequently posted here in opposition to the origination and mandate of the Revision Committee you might want to listen to the Revision Committee's Official report to the Ex Committee. That can be found during the June 27th early AM meeting at 10 minutes into the secession and completing at 19 minutes.

http://www.wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageS...Live_Broadcast

I have not had the time to listen much further than the area I posted on above. Has anyone picked up on other interesting comments?

If so please post the date and time within the transmission.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #138
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I haven't poked my head in this thread for a while but in catching up I notice a few things that need to be addressed I think with respect to the VAC and parking THIS year only.
The first is that there were indeed non-airstream rigs parked in the area. They were Vendors. No big deal there.
Next, there were indeed vintage and non-vintage rigs intermingling to some extent. I was one who was not (yet) vintage and I was parked with vintage all around me. Now, in this case, I believe this likely would NOT have happened were it not for the Bull Pen snaffu where we were not allowed to park the night before and parade in as planned. That was out of our control.
The vintage area received a lot of guests at the last minute because the grounds were unacceptable for parking in many other areas - no problem, we all made some new friends.
Lastly, To be a member of the VAC, you must be a member in good standing in the WBCCI and must have an Airstream Product that is 25 years or older. An Associate membership is a WBCCI member in good standing who does not have a Vintage Airstream product. And lastly a subscriber is for everybody else who is NOT a member in good standing in the WBCCI.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duquoin, ibt, seminar, wbcci