Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #71
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
I believe that it was the entertainer at the last mid winter meeting.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Anyone know what cowboy music CD is playing during the intermissions?

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #72
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I liked it then too.

15 minute power out, we missed that, but will be available in the archives. Maybe I will go on with my chores and wait for the release.

Please post notes...I am off for now.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
#'s

Does anyone know how many actually attended international and what % were workers/officers?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I am also a little confused about early workers, while it was said at the midwinter that early workers would be limited to one week at Duquoin the International President mentioned on the simulcast that there were early workers that arrived June 9th, I think, like carpenters (and others) and today during the meeting they were saying how expensive wood is in the budget talks. What do they build? And how are the workers divided up as to arrival?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
12 units in VAC parade this year. I don't know if anyone has posted photos. I think about 40-50 units parked in vintage, but a little hard to tell as they put a bunch of non-vintage units in this wing of the campground after the vintage parade, as portions of it are fairly well drained. Much of the fairgrounds has standing water after (frequent) thunderstorms.

Not complaining--VAC has the nicest spot in the park.

12 Units..?! Wow! How many VAC on site?

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #76
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
There were only 12 units in the VAC parade because the VAC Open House and Concours were scheduled less than two hours later. To complicate the matter further, it rained buckets the night before making getting in and out of the site a challenge.

There were at least 25 vintage units parked in the Purple Vintage area Sunday with that number to double by Wednesday. I saw at least another 20 vintage Airstreams parked in the Red, Green and Yellow sections.
WBCCI #1200
Grand Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Thanks Mike, that seems like a pretty tight schdule. In Madison the parade was nearly a mile long.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #78
My Grandparents Airstream

2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Selking
Part of the problem with this rally was some stuff happened before the rally officially began. The Vintage parade happened before a lot of Airstream Caravans and other Airstreamer's arrived. The Rally did not start till Tuesday evening at the Flag Ceremony.
WBCCI #6062
International 3rd Vice President

"Airstream the Best trailer ever built."
Andrew Selking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #79
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Similar situation in Salem in 2006. The parade was on Monday and the rally started the following Wednesday, open house was not until Friday. But the Vintage group gathered together off site and paraded into the fairgrounds. The parade had about 65 trailers and the rally had about 900 attendees.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Selking View Post
Part of the problem with this rally was some stuff happened before the rally officially began. The Vintage parade happened before a lot of Airstream Caravans and other Airstreamer's arrived. The Rally did not start till Tuesday evening at the Flag Ceremony.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Master View Post
There were only 12 units in the VAC parade because the VAC Open House and Concours were scheduled less than two hours later. To complicate the matter further, it rained buckets the night before making getting in and out of the site a challenge.
...usually the concourse judging is during the Open House, so I'm sure people didn't want to have additional mud caked on their trailers for that either....I know I wouldn't!

Knowing many of the VAC'rs in attendance, I'm sure they made the best out of a uncontrollable, less than ideal situation and had a great time regardless ~ sorry we missed it this year!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:33 AM   #81
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
...usually the concourse judging is during the Open House, so I'm sure people didn't want to have additional mud caked on their trailers for that either....I know I wouldn't!

Knowing many of the VAC'rs in attendance, I'm sure they made the best out of a uncontrollable, less than ideal situation and had a great time regardless ~ sorry we missed it this year!

Shari
We did miss you guys this year. Hope that you will be able to attend next year.

The parade was not as large as other years, but it was a blast for Jan and I. We had no conflicting events and were in our first parade. This year we put the year of the Airstream on the side windows of the rigs and the folks on the route really liked knowing the age of each unit as it passed. Since we were part of the parade we did not get any pictures except for the ones getting ready to roll.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0139.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	134082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	134083  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #82
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
The VAC was supposed to meet in the Bull Pen on Saturday I believe. On Sunday we were to parade in to our section and set up for open house. But somehow wires got crossed and we were not allowed to stay in the bull pen. Instead, they just took the vintage units directly to the vintage area as they came in. I think they were afraid the VAC would take up all the space what with a bunch of caravans coming in. So, for that reason Dallas Peak asked everybody to participate in doing a parade anyway. It is true that we had torrential rains and the ground was slick but 12 people, including Kimber and I, joined in to put on a parade. It was actually quite fun and quick.

Speaking of the Bull Pen, I have a complaint that I will be bringing to whatever committee runs that show. It involves the crankiest and most crotchety person I have ever met. We arrived Friday evening at about 11:00 p.m. Saturday morning I had to give my presentation on the new club web site at 8:30. We were under the impression the VAC was still meeting and spending the day in the bull pen so we parked out of the way. 7:30 rolls around and the first knock at the door tells means that we will be checking in – we expected that. What happens next was that Mrs. Crotchity comes up after – she is the person running the bull pen. I explain that we were going to sit tight, do my presentation at 8:30 and come back to move to wherever the rest of the VAC folks are. She angrily turns to the pilot guy in a golf cart and says “These people think they are going to spend all day here! Who do they think they are? Now they are trying to tell me they are going to some meeting!” The tone was condescending and mean! Next thing I know, we are told to follow the golf cart by Mrs. Crotchity cause we ain’t staying there! Still in pijamas, we drive to our parking spot. The VAC parking was all the way at the other end of the fairgrounds – the farthest away from the main hall.

By 8:15 I was out the door running with my daughter to get to the meeting to make my presentation. On the way there – it was in the building right across from the bull pen, I see Mrs. Crotchity literally yelling at some guy about how he was doing something all wrong. I was really impressed that this person could be that mean and aggressive. I can see how any first timer coming to International would elect never to return after one experience with someone like that. It was the only negative experience of the entire International Rally that we had.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #83
Rivet Master

The sad part is:

"You only get "ONE" chance to make a first impression"

And we ask, Why is this club dying and nobody going to the International Rally?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #84
3 Rivet Member

Come to the Birthday Bash, we have friendly parkers. They even take you around the park on a golf cart and let you pick your site...Obie

Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
http://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
airstreamhobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duquoin, ibt, seminar, wbcci