Old 06-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Maybe it's because of all the owners of aged out Airstream motorhomes that could no longer attend.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Just talked to the Ham Radio club station at the rally. They report attendance just shy of 600 right now.

Pretty sad for being in the eastern 1/2 of the country.

How many more would be there if 3 amp or generator was still available at a reasonable price??

99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Just talked to the Ham Radio club station at the rally. They report attendance just shy of 600 right now.

Pretty sad for being in the eastern 1/2 of the country.

How many more would be there if 3 amp or generator was still available at a reasonable price??
For the record, here's the highest total reported on the tally board, as of yesterday, July 1.

For what it's worth, I don't think the cost of the rally has much to do with the 3 Amp versus 30 Amp issue. I imagine it's more a matter of dividing the cost of renting all the buildings by the decreasing number of attendees.

To the EC7's credit, the international treasurer announced that he expected the rally to come out in the black. They budgeted the cost based on 500 attendees.

And lastly, wth temperatures and relative humidities in Du Quoin both in the upper 90s, I would have paid for 30 Amp electric if it had been optional!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	International_tally_110629.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	133759  
Old 07-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
For the record, here's the highest total reported on the tally board, as of yesterday, July 1.

For what it's worth, I don't think the cost of the rally has much to do with the 3 Amp versus 30 Amp issue. I imagine it's more a matter of dividing the cost of renting all the buildings by the decreasing number of attendees.

To the EC7's credit, the international treasurer announced that he expected the rally to come out in the black. They budgeted the cost based on 500 attendees.

And lastly, wth temperatures and relative humidities in Du Quoin both in the upper 90s, I would have paid for 30 Amp electric if it had been optional!
I don't doubt the rally should come out in the black.
A look at the financials from Gillette seems to indicate a PROFIT or about $118 a trailer. Another profit this year should finish wiping out the loss from the Madison Fiasco

On that basis Gillette should have been a $400 rally and everyone could have had 30 amp.

Since 30 amp was first made available the price difference between 3 amp and 30 amp has ranged from $135 to over $200.

Since i am willing to undergo some discomfort in exchange for saving money I probably would have toughed it out with out power at a $300 price point and invested the savings in another Fantastic Vent

As I write this parked on my piece of lakefront property at the Birthday Bash I feel I am getting much more while paying much less.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
As I write this parked on my piece of lakefront property at the Birthday Bash I feel I am getting much more while paying much less.
I quite agree that the international rally is too expensive, and that the cost is one of the factors in the decreasing attendance.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
The lack of 3 amp service certainly did not keep me from going. More vendors might help, but we winter awful close to the Florida winter rally and I got most of what I would buy there. I have camped in Il in July and I would have gotten the 30 amp service and hopefully a shade tree. I

Other than socalizing with people we have met on caravans I see no real utility to me going. I carried the unit flag at Boozeman and thats enough. I went to the delegates meeting an alternate and really did not see any usefulness to that either. We are not enough into entertainment to make that a big feature. Couple of good presentations on caravans, but I do not really need that any more.

Maybe we ought not to try to evaluate the success of WBCCI by the attendence at the national rally. The unit functions are important to me. The Caravans are very important to me right now. The economy is still down. Maybe if you are going to cut something out the IRally is an okay thing to skip. If I went to the Rally, I would probably enjoy it. And I would enjoy it more if the facallities are nice. But for a week and $500 and a couple of thousand miles pulling there are certainly other things to do also.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #63
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
Does anyone have a link to the VAC parade photos? How many were parked in VAC this year?

Here is what I thought was the right thread for that: WBCCI 2011 DuQuoin International Rally - Page 2 - Airstream Forums
12 units in VAC parade this year. I don't know if anyone has posted photos. I think about 40-50 units parked in vintage, but a little hard to tell as they put a bunch of non-vintage units in this wing of the campground after the vintage parade, as portions of it are fairly well drained. Much of the fairgrounds has standing water after (frequent) thunderstorms.

Not complaining--VAC has the nicest spot in the park.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1st VAC Lady, Pam Peak has added many photos to the VAC on FACEBOOK.
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #65
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Well, duh. I'm with WBCCI on FB, but it didn't even dawn on my noddle to check for VAC!

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
1st VAC Lady, Pam Peak has added many photos to the VAC on FACEBOOK.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Where is the 2012 rally being held?
Old 07-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #67
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Looking forward? Look to Sedalia MO to host the 2012 International Convention-Rally. Rumor only but Oklahoma may be our 2013 venue. Hattiesburg MS is being talked-about as a 2012 Winter IBT location.
WBCCI Region One Blog Archive Region One Newsletter January 2011

There is also an interesting link in that RP's newsletter to comments written by Larry Huttle on the motorhome issue, i.e.,
"Thor Motor Coach officials have lost interest in pursuing a workable arrangement with the WBCCI as a result of their experience in 2007 with a low WBCCI approval by the general membership of its involvement."

photography
Old 07-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
12 units in VAC parade this year. I don't know if anyone has posted photos. I think about 40-50 units parked in vintage, but a little hard to tell as they put a bunch of non-vintage units in this wing of the campground after the vintage parade, as portions of it are fairly well drained. Much of the fairgrounds has standing water after (frequent) thunderstorms.

Not complaining--VAC has the nicest spot in the park.

We rolled in on Monday and it was really wet. WE got the nicest (highest) spot in the park. We were beyond the VAC, in the next loop, but had our own private shoreline on the lake. It was a little over a mile to the main building.

Nice rally site, except for the torrential rain.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #69
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I missed the first half hour of the IBT meeting this morning. What have I missed? Sounds like budget... Will this be a short meeting today?

photography
Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #70
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Anyone know what cowboy music CD is playing during the intermissions?

photography

Tags
duquoin, ibt, seminar, wbcci