Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
I sat in the room when this was presented and I believe that the proposed motion for motorhomes applied only to current lifetime members who were also a class a moho owner. it was not open to any and everybody who wanted a thor product.
I believe that this may have been the compromise we have been hearing about. And if it is in fact the case, I could support this - but only for current lifetime members who are also moho owners, nothing more.
What part of that is the compromise? This allows PIPs and leadership to change the constitution to allow a very few to supercede the tenets of club membership, while it restricts all others from the same privilege and subjects them to a different standard. I guess that is a compromised solution.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
President Beu, you know what the general membership has stated regarding this topic, and what would be acceptable/palatable to all.
Jim & Chris,

I know what the general membership has stated, twice: NO. That was the response to throwing open membership to Thor motor home owners without restriction.

What, in your opinion, would be "acceptable/palatable to all."

Damdifino.

Best,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #43
Rivet Master

Buttercup, your mention of a compromise doesn't float.

NUVITE, I know what we have voted upon in the past. And we agree, the voice of the membership has spoken, NO Mohos!. But, this thing keeps rearing it ugly head. So, we have decided to offer that olive branch of reason, hoping it will quell the unrelenting nag of this issue.

A date needs to be chosen and from that date, this is the compormise we could accept:>>> All Grandfathered '"Lifetime Members" regardless what they currently own, an Airstream trailer or Moho, can trade up to a Class A of THOR making. Remain in the club as long as they wish as "Affiliate Members" with rights and privedges Affiliate Members of a "Unit" enjoy currently in WBCCI. Upon the sale of this agreed upon THOR Class A motorhome, the Grandfathered MOHO Affiliate Member shall relinguish any and all membership in WBCCI if they change Coach Brands to something other than THOR. A Grandfathered THOR-made Class A Coach owner/member of WBCCI can not transfer WBCCI membership to subsequest owners if coach if sold. Surely someone can improve on this, but this our basic idea.

We would agree to this type of wording for a MOHO Motion in WBCCI. The KEY is Affilate Membership. To retain the friends and remain in WBCCI.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #44
Rivet Master

Nuvite, a further modification of this Class A ThOR Class A dilemma, Chris came up with after I posted.

1.Open to all current Airstream Moho owners from a specified date. No restrction whether regular member/owner or Lifetime member/owner.

2.Optioned as an Affiliate Member unable to hold elected office or have a vote such MALs have now.
3. Be full Affiliate Member, until the sale of said THOR Class A and membership not transferrable.
4. At International Rally, parked as a group in "THOR Class A Row" or THOR Class A Section.

Bottom line, there has to be some kind of penalty if they want to call it that for allowing a non-Airstream Class A into WBCCI. A non-voting, non-office holding, parking restricted membership seems to be the least painful way of doing it.
If current MOHO proponents don't want to have restrctions placed on them, then all bets are off.
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 06-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
ARTICLE IV
MEMBERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES
Sec. 4
The Board of Trustees shall have authority to award a lifetime membership to a Past President of the international club and said award shall be deemed to include the spouse of such Past President. When such a lifetime membership is awarded, the one time fee, based on the average of the ages of the awardee and spouse in the year of the award in accordance with the established schedule of fees for lifetime international dues shall be transferred from the general fund of the international club to the lifetime membership fund. (1/17/97)
Old 06-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
No International dues or increases for or from that group. It was stated during the meeting yesterday that if something is not done the Lifetime Membership Fund will be bankrupt in 8-10 years. Does anyone know just how many of the June 9th early arrivals are motorhome owners? Isn't the Class A motorhome section already heavily segregated in President's Row?

photography
Old 06-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Chris & Jim,

Your sense of what an Affiliate member is might be a little out of whack. To be an Affiliate member of a Unit you must also be a Regular member of another Unit. So, what you are proposing is a new type of membership without that requirement. That would then contradict the current Constitution, Article VI, Sec. 2E, "A Unit shall not establish other requirements for an applicant to be a member of a Unit. (6/29/96)."

So, a number of amendments to the Constitution would need to be proposed and passed. Good luck with that! Any compromise opens a bucket of worms.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #48
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
ARTICLE IV
MEMBERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES
Sec. 4
The Board of Trustees shall have authority to award a lifetime membership to a Past President of the international club and said award shall be deemed to include the spouse of such Past President. When such a lifetime membership is awarded, the one time fee, based on the average of the ages of the awardee and spouse in the year of the award in accordance with the established schedule of fees for lifetime international dues shall be transferred from the general fund of the international club to the lifetime membership fund. (1/17/97)
The revised bylaws strikes that, there is a question of legality?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #49
Rivet Master

OK understand Forrest.. NO THOR motorhomes.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Does anyone know how many Airstream RV's are at this International (Du Quoin)? Did the number exceed 600?

Just wondering.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #51
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Good question. Yesterday the IP said there were 500 registered for the rally. I wonder how many there will be total. Maybe someone will post a picture of the board to show from where the participants traveled to attend.

photography
Old 06-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
So....
Do we need to create a special class of membership, for special people, to maintain their special relationships within the Club, so they can park their extra special motorhomes in an exclusively special parking area?
And....
Should the average member support this in order to enable them to continue to dispense their special brand of wisdom and management skills that have moved the Club in its current direction?
Therefore....
Should the dwindling pool of not so special trailer owners stand down, stop being divisive and accept the proposal because the Club can’t afford to lose any more quality members?

Could anyone sincerely explain how the accelerated attrition of a handful of the Old Guard is in any way detrimental to the Club as a whole?
An Airstream Only Club that needs to attract the hundreds of current, and first time, Airstream trailer and van owners. A Club that needs to build Brand Identity and Loyalty. An Airstream Club that doesn’t cater to the whims and egos of a few potential Non Airstream Class A buyers.

Tom

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Well said, Tom.

The WBCCI is supposed to be the club most associated with the Airstream factory and with the deepest roots in AIRSTREAM it is not the Thor club!

If it was produced by the Airstream factory and/or sold as an AIRSTREAM, then it should be part of the club. If not, then it is not part of the Airstream brand and thus not part of the WBCCI.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
Does anyone know how many Airstream RV's are at this International (Du Quoin)? Did the number exceed 600?
More still coming in, however. . .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	International_tally_110627.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	133551  
Old 06-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
More still coming in, however. . .
Wow, I stunned. Two years ago at Madison there were 903. At 466 this year there is a 48% decrease from two years ago.

You can't argue with success. If you keep doing what you are doing you will keep getting what you are getting. To think otherwise is the definition of insanity.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Ouch, a far cry from 1985 Lake Placid International in the 80's when the Club had over 13,000 members!!.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Maybe it's because of all the owners of aged out Airstream motorhomes that could no longer attend.

photography
Old 06-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Just talked to the Ham Radio club station at the rally. They report attendance just shy of 600 right now.

Pretty sad for being in the eastern 1/2 of the country.

How many more would be there if 3 amp or generator was still available at a reasonable price??
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Just talked to the Ham Radio club station at the rally. They report attendance just shy of 600 right now.

Pretty sad for being in the eastern 1/2 of the country.

How many more would be there if 3 amp or generator was still available at a reasonable price??
For the record, here's the highest total reported on the tally board, as of yesterday, July 1.

For what it's worth, I don't think the cost of the rally has much to do with the 3 Amp versus 30 Amp issue. I imagine it's more a matter of dividing the cost of renting all the buildings by the decreasing number of attendees.

To the EC7's credit, the international treasurer announced that he expected the rally to come out in the black. They budgeted the cost based on 500 attendees.

And lastly, wth temperatures and relative humidities in Du Quoin both in the upper 90s, I would have paid for 30 Amp electric if it had been optional!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	International_tally_110629.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	133759  
Old 07-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
For the record, here's the highest total reported on the tally board, as of yesterday, July 1.

For what it's worth, I don't think the cost of the rally has much to do with the 3 Amp versus 30 Amp issue. I imagine it's more a matter of dividing the cost of renting all the buildings by the decreasing number of attendees.

To the EC7's credit, the international treasurer announced that he expected the rally to come out in the black. They budgeted the cost based on 500 attendees.

And lastly, wth temperatures and relative humidities in Du Quoin both in the upper 90s, I would have paid for 30 Amp electric if it had been optional!
I don't doubt the rally should come out in the black.
A look at the financials from Gillette seems to indicate a PROFIT or about $118 a trailer. Another profit this year should finish wiping out the loss from the Madison Fiasco

On that basis Gillette should have been a $400 rally and everyone could have had 30 amp.

Since 30 amp was first made available the price difference between 3 amp and 30 amp has ranged from $135 to over $200.

Since i am willing to undergo some discomfort in exchange for saving money I probably would have toughed it out with out power at a $300 price point and invested the savings in another Fantastic Vent

As I write this parked on my piece of lakefront property at the Birthday Bash I feel I am getting much more while paying much less.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duquoin, ibt, seminar, wbcci