Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #21
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
bump

Any updates??

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Thanks for checking in Mike! I haven't posted any updates yet. We are still communicating back and forth and they are looking for some pics to send to me showing my trailer in her younger years.

I am trying to be patient and not push too hard so that I don't lose them
Old 04-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Venice , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by centennialman
great work steve. remember you are probably much more excited about this whole thing than they are, so you don't want to push to hard.

with that said, any chance of you travelling with the trailer to meet them? imagine the news story then. you could have airstream life people with you and i'm sure they're local news people would be interested.

if you were to do that, you'd probably also get access to a lot more history on the trailer. you could probably copy or scan a bunch of things. if i was in their shoes, i'd be leary to part with old original photos and they probably don't have the time or desire to get copies made or scan them, etc. and then mail them out, but i think if you really made yourself available and went there and made a trip out of it, sort of a quest, and spent some time with them (even a day or so) you'd really reap the rewards of the stories they would tell.

keep us posted, but one other thing. if airstream life or some other magazine really wanted to do a news story on it, they probably wouldn't want the info to already be out on the forums, they want to be the first to feature it. something to keep in mind.

good luck and i can't wait to find out how it turns out.

*by asking the above question,
i verify that i have already used
the search feature to the best of my ability...
urbanfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #24
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by centennialman
Thanks for checking in Mike! I haven't posted any updates yet. We are still communicating back and forth and they are looking for some pics to send to me showing my trailer in her younger years.

Thanks for the update Steve.Your excitement eminates throughout this thread.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Thanks so much for the input David and Mike........I am being very careful not to push these folks away and they are being very kind so far. I like the idea of the trip.

My Dad and I are considering a trip to Jackson Center next spring and could swing on up to the area where these folks live also.

I am a history buff and really enjoy exploring where things came from, the stories about them etc.....as an example, I have a 1929 Frigidaire Commercial refrigerator in my kitchen. Glass doors and all. This refrigerator spent it's life in the drugstore in the small town where my family is from. My Mom remembers it behind the soda fountain when she was a little girl. When the drugstore closed down a few years ago....there it sat. Guess who bought it? Whenever someone new comes to the house and falls in love with it they have to bear listening to me go on and on about it's history.

I feel the same way about the Airstream.....she has so much to tell. I am a patient man and will gather her history a piece at a time and then put it all together.

I am trying to think of some nice gesture I could do for the original owner family to get a little closer to them......ideas?
Old 04-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
I too spent some effort to locate the previous owners and finally found who I believe is the original purchacer. Unfortunately public records indicate the fellow is 92 years old now so I don't think I'll push it. That being the case I have found where he traded it in, the second owners (I have made contact with them), where they traded, who bought it next and how the folks I bought it from obtained it from them.
Kinda like an Aluminum Family Tree!
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
don't write off the 92 y/o. ingrid is now 99! you might try sending him a picture of the trailer now. maybe all he remembers now is the airstream ;-)
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote