Old 07-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #99
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
The final grievance that was responsible for Leo's expulsion from the club was filed by a region officer.
That region officer is now the International president. While it is to soon to know whether he will be a good, bad, or an indifferent president I can not help but speculate that the the nomination that put him on the presidential route could have been a reward for filing that grievence,
I have no proof of this, but can't help but wonder.
You mean something along the lines of, "I deserve the nomination; look what I've done to protect the club."

Not being familiar with the personalities involved who put forth the nomination, it's hard to say. But I'd be more inclined to believe it's just the "old boy" network in action rather than as a reward for a specific action.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #100
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post

Not being familiar with the personalities involved who put forth the nomination, it's hard to say. But I'd be more inclined to believe it's just the "old boy" network in action rather than as a reward for a specific action.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Likely some of both, as that's the way it works.

Maggie

Old 07-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #101
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
ROSWELL , Georgia
ibt motorhome

The ELITE few are still bending the rules to have NEW sob motorhomes,regardless of the masses desire to KEEP US AIRSTREAM!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
What do you mean, I must have missed that.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesSE View Post
The ELITE few are still bending the rules to have NEW sob motorhomes,regardless of the masses desire to KEEP US AIRSTREAM!!!!!!
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
We have one past International President that has an SOB motorhome but also "purchased" an partial interest in a friend's Airstream trailer and therefore is still qualified to be a member.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #104
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I think (hope) the Motorhome issue is done now. It's time to make room for a new demographic and way of doing business. I have lots of good impressions of the folks who are stepping up to the plate at the region level.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #105
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
We have one past International President that has an SOB motorhome but also "purchased" an partial interest in a friend's Airstream trailer and therefore is still qualified to be a member.
An interesting idea but does it real pass muster.

Common contract law would allow co ownership to be defined if the parties are named, and remuneration, at least $1.00, is paid. Now that covers ownership but what about membership? Membership historically has been been titled by a single Sir Name whether it be to an individual or husband and wife. The Bylaw have been expanded to include couples other than husband and wife. Does that expansion then cover any grouping of individuals, or corporation, as now defined by the Supreme Court.

If the Co Ownership and an expanded definition of Membership interpretation is applied then that would Open The Flood Gates anything.

Then the only remaining obstacle would be the Rally ruling that attending members Sleep in their units. Who the hell is going to police that one?

Come Hell or High Water they will get this through.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #106

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
I'm staying out of this one. Since this particular "new" issue actually predates my membership, there's no point to me arguing what's already been done. Especially since there hasn't exactly been a flood of copycats doing the same.

Since it goes back before I was a member, I don't recall if there was a grievance filed over it. If there was, and it was resolved, any discussion now is a moot point. If there wasn't a grievance filed, it's kind of late at this point in time to make an issue of it.

But that's just my opinion.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #107
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
To my knowledge, only one PIP did it and it was reviewed by the EC and the, then current, president said it was OK. They did make a ruling that there could only be one extra co-owner per trailer per membership. Since HQ does not require DMV proof of ownership, a friend could provide a no cost way around the rules.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #108
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
The Fox got in and you know what follows that.

Why are we giving them animism status? If it was an action by a President or the Board it should be a matter of public record. Are they ashamed of that action.

Can you see it now. The complete front line all SOB and one poor old rotting Airstream sitting in a filed somewhere

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #109
4 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Hello, as an outsider looking in, I am intrigued (for lack of a better term) at the constant debates about SOB's. We have been an Airstream owner for almost 3 years. We were never contacted about joining WBCCI when we purchased our trailer. We visited the International, in part to experience a major rally.

We are no more convinced today than when we first heard of WBCCI that we want to join. We read the Blue Beret and while WBCCI seems to have a lot to offer, but we don't want to get caught up in the silly politics. Our local group also seems to limit the type of camping they do.

My question to the group is, what are the real advantages of joining WBCCI?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #110

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew05 View Post
There are as many different answers as there are members. In my case, I joined because of some interrelated reasons:
1 - None of my coworkers is a camper per se. They go to stick-built fishing camps back in the bayous, or hunting camps in the woods, but in both cases they drive out to a lodge where they stay, dormitory-style, for the duration. They don't understand the appeal of traveling with a trailer or motorhome.
2 - WBCCI provides a ready-made group of people who do understand the appeal. And by virtue of being fellow Airstream owners, I already have something in common with them.
3 - I plan to retire in early 2015. I knew several coworkers who had no idea what to do with themselves when they retired. I don't want to be one of those people. Buying my Airstream and joining WBCCI gives me as much or as little to do when I retire as I could ever want, just by selectively planning to attend the rallies and/or caravans that interest me.
4 - Thanks to WBCCI, no matter where I choose to go, I'm bound to find a fellow member who can advise me on the best places to visit and best things to do, even if I'm not attending a rally or caravan at the time.

I had no intention of getting involved in WBCCI politics when I joined. I thought I had enough of that from working my whole career for the Federal government. And while I'm now the 2nd VP of my unit— still not quite sure how THAT happened!— I have no particular desire to rise above Unit-level politics. I don't intend to ever become a Region or International officer. Still, I have opinions about how the club is run at the stratospheric International level, and the AirForums WBCCI threads give me a venue for airing those opinions, to people who can give me a reality check when I need one.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #111
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew05 View Post
My wife and I have been members for 10 years and it's been a lot of fun. A lot of the fun is at the Unit level, and in the units of which we are members, little or no politics.

If you participate in Region and International activities--rallies and caravans--you will develop a network of good friends all over North America.

Mostly because of demographics--mainly age distribution of the membership--there are large differences between units. If you are interested in joining WBCCI you probably ought to explore some units--look at their web sites--attend one of their rallies. That will give you a chance to see for yourself what they're like. WBCCI rules allow non-member Airstreamers to be invited to Unit rallies, and I know in our unit (Wisconsin) non-member Airstreamers are greeted with open arms! That's probably our best single source of new members.

Check out the Wisconsin Unit web site, WBCCI Wisconsin Unit read some recent newsletters, and look at photo galleries of some of our rallies, and you'll see what we're about. There are a lot of good units out there.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #112
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
I am starting to listen to the Huron recordings, starting with the first IBT seminar. John B mentioned the delegates seminar, was it broadcasted and available for downloading?

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote