Old 11-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Royal Oak , Michigan
How to contact Detroit Metro WBCCI?

We are in the process of buying our first Airstream. In preparation, we contacted WBCCI and found that my grandparents' old number from 1963-1981 is still available. Since it was, we went ahead and joined so we could get that number!

When joining, we had to choose a local Unit. Since we are in Royal Oak, MI we chose the Metro Detroit Unit (#137). I followed the link on WBCCI to their web-site. There isn't much there. It looks like the only update was from some time in 2014. The only contact information is a hyper link to the officers of the group. There appears to be nothing for upcoming (or even past) rallies.

How do I find out about what is happening in our area? Did we just spend $80 on not much of anything other than to get the old numbers?

Also, the more we look into it, the WBCCI seems to be more of a group for retirees and not us young working age stiffs...

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 11-01-2015, 11:43 PM   #2
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Welcome to the Club, first it is very cool you were able to get your Grandparents number, had you gone on rally's with your Grandparents? I have e-mailed both the President and VP/membership letting them know you want to know what is happening in the unit. Many units are updating their websites and it looks like the MDunit is in that process.

To answer your questions about members being retired I would say 50/50 still working and retired. Of the retired 75/25 of the retired have just retired. So age group is 40's-60's and up with older members you can't keep up with.

Most units have weekend rallies and activities are optional if you just want to chill out on your days off.
Being the 1st of November most units in your area are just doing get togethers for lunch since the snow will fly soon. The metroDetroit is your home unit but you can go to other units functions and rally's in your area and all over the U.S. and Canada.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:51 PM   #3

1973 31' Sovereign
Shelby Township , Michigan
You Chose A Great Unit

Hi, I am the current President of Unit 137 and wish to welcome you. Rest assured you have chosen a great unit. Could you tell me me when you joined thru WBCCI? As of today they have not forwarded the notice of a new member to our unit. We have luncheons and/or rallies almost every month and look forward to meeting you in person at one of our events. If you send me your e-mail address and name I will send the most recent copy of our newsletter and I will also contact Jackson Center to facilitate you in receiving all materials related to your membership in WBCCI.

Thank you,

Susan Stigleman
President Unit 137
Old 11-02-2015, 05:51 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Now that's a good response from a unit pres. Sounds like she is on the ball, a good reflection of the whole unit.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:21 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Royal Oak , Michigan
Suztbear, thanks for the quick reply! We just joined WBCCI on Friday. I wouldn't expect that you would have heard anything yet. I'll send you our information through private message. We can't wait to meet the group!
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Henry - 2013 F150 Super Crew XLT w/ HD Towing
wecoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:03 AM   #6

1973 31' Sovereign
Look forward to hearing from you.

Susan
Old 11-02-2015, 02:32 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grosse Pointe Shores , Michigan
Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wecoyote View Post
We are in the process of buying our first Airstream. In preparation, we contacted WBCCI and found that my grandparents' old number from 1963-1981 is still available. Since it was, we went ahead and joined so we could get that number!

When joining, we had to choose a local Unit. Since we are in Royal Oak, MI we chose the Metro Detroit Unit (#137). I followed the link on WBCCI to their web-site. There isn't much there. It looks like the only update was from some time in 2014. The only contact information is a hyper link to the officers of the group. There appears to be nothing for upcoming (or even past) rallies.

How do I find out about what is happening in our area? Did we just spend $80 on not much of anything other than to get the old numbers?

Also, the more we look into it, the WBCCI seems to be more of a group for retirees and not us young working age stiffs...

Any help would be appreciated!
Hello - I see you live close to us in Metro Detroit. May I inquire as to where you store your Airstream when not in use?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Metro Detroit Storage

Hello

I see you live close to us in Metro Detroit. May I ask where you store your Airstream when not in use?

Thank you
Old 11-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Royal Oak , Michigan
We store at Keep a Kamper in Warren. The place is pretty good. Their rate is reasonable and they have on-site security.
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Henry - 2013 F150 Super Crew XLT w/ HD Towing
wecoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMillers View Post
Hello

I see you live close to us in Metro Detroit. May I ask where you store your Airstream when not in use?

Thank you
There are many outside RV storage places in the Metro-Detroit area. We were very happy at M&R RV Storage (RV Outdoor Storage for Recreational Vehicles | Cars | Boats | 5th Wheels | Snowmobiles located in Shelby twp., MI) during the several years we used them before we upgraded to indoor storage.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:52 PM   #11

1973 31' Sovereign
We store our 2013 30'Classic indoors at the Washington Twp U Haul on 31 Mile Road. We are very satisfied and the location has extensive security. The individual units are currently Waitlist, however they do have outdoor covered storage as well as regular storage. Great facility.

Also are you a member of WBCCI? I am the current President of the Metro Detroit Unit. If you are interested feel free to contact me.

The direct contact # 248 296 2582 and Stephanie is the manager at U Haul. Hope this is of help.

Susan
President WBCCI Metro Detroit Unit 137
Old 11-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hi Susan

Do you have an email I can contact you at? We are interested in joining and are wondering if there are any upcoming social activities.

Thanks
Leslie
Old 11-15-2015, 02:46 AM   #13

1973 31' Sovereign
Hi Leslie,

You may contact me at suztbear@comcast.net

We just had a luncheon today and wil have another next month. I will send you more info once you contact me at my personal e-mail.

Thanks,

Susan