Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2019, 08:39 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Expense Reimbursement

I have experienced similar issues in other organizations. The club is run by the Board of Directors in accordance with the Bylaws, which are published and freely available. Generally speaking, members do not need, or want, to know “how the sausage is made” only that it is done by the Board in accordance with the Bylaws.

Thanks to Damon, I have reviewed the Bylaws in that area and the policy seems reasonable to me, YMMV. The reimbursement is actually less than I would have thought.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:30 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Missy View Post
I have experienced similar issues in other organizations. The club is run by the Board of Directors in accordance with the Bylaws, which are published and freely available. Generally speaking, members do not need, or want, to know “how the sausage is made” only that it is done by the Board in accordance with the Bylaws.

Thanks to Damon, I have reviewed the Bylaws in that area and the policy seems reasonable to me, YMMV. The reimbursement is actually less than I would have thought.

Al
Lots of talk again ... I am curious - as I have been for several years... look at my avatar / joining date on AF- as to just how the sausage is made.

What is reimbursable ... mileage? What is the rate? Other expenses - if any?

Payments for officers "expenses" for travel ? ... which officers / at what level qualify? Some units have presidents that have only been in the "club" for two years ... just asking for specifics (say 2018 ...or 2017...or ...) and not meant to be offensive. So, defensive remarks are not necessary... just specifics. Inquiring minds want to know, PLEASE ! Why is this topic so sensitive and answers unclear or avoiding the question? I do not mean to imply that the amount paid to officers is unreasonable ... just wanting to know what it is ...specifically, in numbers right here on Air Forums not a referral to another document.
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:36 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Sorry, it was not my intent to be defensive, just stating facts. That said, I found the answers you are asking for in about 5 minutes by following the link.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:57 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Missy View Post
Sorry, it was not my intent to be defensive, just stating facts. That said, I found the answers you are asking for in about 5 minutes by following the link.

Al
from the original post ... and returning to topic question I asked ...

MrsRedShed
Quote:
We were bothered by the large amount of money thrown at those who served in higher positions for travel expenses.

... just wanting to know what the reimbursement is ...specifically, in numbers or $$$ per mile or event ... right here on Air Forums not in a referral to another document. Payments for officers "expenses" for travel ? ... which officers / at what level qualify? Are meals covered for officers when members pay a rally fee? Are rally fees for officers waived ... etc ... Why can't the respondents address this question directly instead of dodging?

Outgoing int pres, Jim, was very helpful and enlightening when we talked to him at International last summer about some of the unique characteristics of local units.

Damon Beals: yes, please message the numbers to which you refer ... but why not just post here?
It appears to me to be a rather simple question I have posed ...

Monah, please help here.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:22 PM   #65
Liquid Cooled

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
near Indy , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post

MrsRedShed

... just wanting to know what the reimbursement is ...specifically, in numbers or $$$ per mile or event ... right here on Air Forums not in a referral to another document. Payments for officers "expenses" for travel ? ... which officers / at what level qualify? Are meals covered for officers when members pay a rally fee? Are rally fees for officers waived ... etc ... Why can't the respondents address this question directly instead of dodging?

Outgoing int pres, Jim, was very helpful and enlightening when we talked to him at International last summer about some of the unique characteristics of local units.

Damon Beals: yes, please message the numbers to which you refer ... but why not just post here?

Monah, please help here.
You should understand that this was about a dozen years ago. If things are accurately represented in the current bylaws, I'm not certain what value can be had by rehashing it today.
RedSHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:04 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:

MrsRedShed

Monah, please help here.

I’m not her...[emoji3]

Are you honestly saying you won’t go to the link provided, go to the specific page number referenced, and read the answer to your specific questions yourself? And you’re suggesting that providing a link instead of regurgitating it here is “dodging” the question? Really? That’s your position?

Just click the link and all will be revealed! [emoji3]

It goes on for a few pages, so retyping all that here seems really silly. Click on the link, go to the bylaws, scroll to page 36 (not 36 of the PDF, but 36 of what the printed document would show) and all your questions are answered there. Took me all of 3 minutes.

I personally couldn’t give a rip about the expense reimbursement - but I had to do it myself to see what all the hubub about. #nothingburger.... way smaller than they probably should get!

It’s all there in the doc....

Good luck!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:23 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
One apparently has to download the entire bylaws document in order to locate and read the relevant section(s).

It would seem to be a simple thing, for someone in the know to step up and summarize the reimbursements here, and who gets them.

Maggie
Old 01-25-2019, 07:04 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I had a bad experience in 2006 which was at least partly my fault for just joining without meeting any of the members first. Went to a rally, found myself in a meeting that felt like a cross between a tent revival and old timey Women's Christian Temperence Union crusade. I made a stealthy departure at 0-dark-thirty. Later found out how different other units were.

I'd like to point out that to be any kind of board member in any club or non-profit organization requires the hide of a rhino and the patience (or masochism) of Job. Even if 90% of the people one represents approve of one's work, those who don't approve are energy vampires. Some non-profits are really scams with bloated management, so if you feel the WBCCI / WBAC fits that profile, follow the local prez around for a few days as an unpaid gofur and see what she/he puts up with. (The sausage factory smells like pig sh** just for starters.)
Old 01-25-2019, 07:15 AM   #69
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Yup! No dog in the fight anymore but one person here seems tobe looking for one. Even a long time membef can troll.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:45 AM   #70
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
One apparently has to download the entire bylaws document in order to locate and read the relevant section(s).

It would seem to be a simple thing, for someone in the know to step up and summarize the reimbursements here, and who gets them.

Maggie

I didn’t have to download anything. I just opened the bylaws by clicking on the link provided. I scrolled to the referenced page and read the info provided. Very simple from my view - but what do I know? [emoji3]
Old 01-25-2019, 09:08 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
My button says ”download” next to each link.

Maybe you can open without downloading?

(On edit...you can open and read without hitting the download button)

Maggie
Old 01-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #72
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
My button says ”download” next to each link.

Maybe you can open without downloading?

(On edit...you can open and read without hitting the download button)

Maggie

Yes. I’m using the app on my iPhone so tapping on the link just opened the pdf. No download required.

Big doc (man there’s a lot of rules and regulations [emoji3]).
Old 01-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrvr View Post
Yup! No dog in the fight anymore but one person here seems tobe looking for one. Even a long time membef can troll.
Not sure just what not having a dog in a fight has to do with answering what I thought was a relatively simple question...the comment just serves to muddy the water - so to speak. To imply that someone who does not share your perspective is looking for a fight or is a troll ....is simply a mean and unwarranted position. Every time this issue comes up there is all sorts of posturing, but never a direct 5 - 10 word answer in print on AF. Are WBCCI members that sensitive to the issue? We have been members here on Air Forums (with many helpful comments, hints, and photos posted) for a long time - eight years (3 Airstream's worth and, incidentally WBCCI members 3 out of the last 6 years as our resources, time, and forest fire evacuations would allow) ... and we would never think to accuse someone of being a troll just for asking a question albeit "dodged" by many and still IMO gone inadequately answered. Let me pose a different question, then ... what is so inflammatory about asking about the perks of WBCCI office holders that causes the defensive and deriding attitude by some WBCCI members? We have friends in the US and Canada from three different unit memberships that are WBCCI members and officers ...and have enjoyed local, state, regional, and international events with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I’m not her...[emoji3]

Are you honestly saying you won’t go to the link provided, go to the specific page number referenced, and read the answer to your specific questions yourself? And you’re suggesting that providing a link instead of regurgitating it here is “dodging” the question? Really? That’s your position?

I personally couldn’t give a rip about the expense reimbursement - but I had to do it myself to see...

Good luck!
Well, SSM, I would like to have your good luck headed my way (thank you)... at least with regard to answering my inquiry. We left the bustle of an urban environment to settle into a rural area in the mountains. Unfortunately, because of the sparse population, we do not have a landline or wired internet access ... leaving us with a low strength wireless signal connection that is dependent upon weather and atmospheric conditions. Several times when I attempted to access the link provided, my phone "timed out" and the screen turned to junk. Hence, my request for a direct answer here on Air Forums.

It is very difficult for my 70 year old fingers to make easy progress on my cell phone screen (especially two functions at once) even when I reverse pinch the screen. That is why I have repeatedly asked for the information - not pages worth regurgitated ... just in a few words - to be entered here on AF. Perhaps, it would be easier for us answering AF posts on a tablet - if we had one that functioned properly. So, yes - to answer your question- I won't drive 50 miles to get to a signal where I can access the link above or to download PDF files. That is why I posed the question here again after the original posting of some time ago.

I do give a rip about reimbursement ... aren't many AF members on fixed incomes financially curious - that is why I asked about it AND got clobbered several times for doing so! Clearly I am not THE expert here but find it interesting that so many apparently have the information, but either can't be bothered to incorporate it into their answers here .... or, simply refuse to post it for whatever reason.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:16 PM   #74
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Gold Canyon , Arizona
Only goes to show you via some of the responses

That you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time. Frankly when you get right down to it, most of the "negative" written in this post is trivial, and to some extent meaningless. Being the member of any board can be a lot of hard work. It requires personal sacrifice that comes without any reward other than personal gratification. To think otherwise is simply foolish at best. Personally I am thankful that a small group of people are willing and able to step up and represent all AS'ers on a Board of Directors. Thank you for your service!
Old 01-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #75
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Mefly2 - check your inbox on the forums. I copied and pasted the text of the 3 pages from the bylaws that describes the process. Formatting isn’t great but you have it now.

Happy camping everyone!
Old 01-25-2019, 02:29 PM   #76
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
SSM-

Thank you very much ...easy reading as opposed to trying to get the cell phone to connect link.
Safe travels.

jer-
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
Old 01-26-2019, 08:24 AM   #77
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Region officer travel reimbursement

I'm only going to speak here about the Region president travel budget. As President, I am expected to visit all of the clubs in my region once a year - my region is Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, British Columbia and Alberta Saskatchewan and my term of office is two years long. I am reimbursed the standard government approved mileage rate - I think .54 per mile plus overnight camping costs. These visits happen to install new officers, deal with issues that members might be having with the club, bring news of results of meeting votes, and discuss dissolution if necessary (these six units are very healthy and will NOT dissolve). I also want to get to know my members better to get a feel for what changes I, as a Region president, should be advocating with the International leadership. As you can imagine, this takes up a good portion of the summer - driving there, staying three days for a rally and driving home. I am also reimbursed for mileage and overnight costs for attending the winter board of trustees meeting (the Region presidents and International officers compose the board of trustees.) We live in Oregon and recent meetings have been held in Florida and Alabama.

We are not reimbursed anything at all for attending the summer International meeting. This year it is in Virginia. We will drive and it will take us several days, lots of fuel, and overnight camping. And then we have to drive back! The cost of the rally itself is NOT reimbursed for either meeting.

The board has fiduciary responsibility for this club and we make decisions about hundreds of thousands of dollars at times - just last week in fact. Because there is no reimbursement for travel to the summer meeting, we are, as a club, sort of self selecting for people/officers who can fund their own travel to far away places. I'm not wild about that concept because that, then, shapes the nature of our board toward people who have the money to spend on this, which is probably not truly representative of people in the club. Some people say, "well, they buy these expensive trailers so they can afford to travel anywhere". Except that's really not the case. We have lots and lots of members who buy used or vintage trailers and are NOT spending lots of money on the trailer itself.

So for those who have concerns about travel reimbursement for the board of trustees, I can personally assure you that it doesn't come close to covering expenses incurred. One must love what they are doing in this club to agree to a board position.

Terri Warren
twestover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:37 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Question? This might have been asked before, however I cant fine it. If the WBCCI has changed its name to WBAC. Why, then is the WEB Page as of 02/08/2019 yet under WBCCI? I renewed my dues to the WBCCI not WBAC. The WBCCI Web Page makes no reference to WBAC.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #79
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
I had the same question and comment. I was reminded that it was a vote taken not too long ago. It would appear that the transition is going to be gradual. I did find in the latest WBCCI directory some mention of both.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:13 AM   #80

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Apologies for my delayed response...

Quote:

MrsRedShed

Monah, please help here.
Hi all,

First I would like to thank Terri Warren for her articulate response earlier in this thread. It was well-crafted and reflects the commitment to the members of Region 10.....which is replicated across the WBAC. *Squirrel for a minute here - WBAC is a dba, our entity remains WBCCI as registered with the State of OH and in our Constitution & By-Laws.

Here's a quick synopsis of the travel budget process, which I'm currently in the midst of with our incoming 2019/2020 leadership team and Corporate Manager.

Traditionally, International Officers (Prez, 1st, 2nd, 3rd VPs, Treasurer, Recording Secretary & Past Int'l Prez) have been assigned travel to approx four Region, National and/or Special Event Rallies throughout the fiscal year.

The team works collaboratively to combine travel (example: I'm going to TX Vintage Rally, Alumpalooza* & Region 4 this summer....mileage calculated from starting point to R4 with two stops along the way). We also attend Unit, Region and other rallies without reimbursement because we love to camp and spend time with Club members.

*With a growing number of Special Event Rallies, & realizing that Airstream owners who may or may not be Club members...yet attend events such as Alumapalooza & the wildly popular Canopener (which became a Special Event rally in 2019), we've worked diligently to spread our travel to achieve a broader reach.

**Int'l Officer Travel Reimbursement:
Assigned Travel: one-way mileage calculated from starting point to rally @ $.535/mile, $20/night camping fee for every 300 miles traveled (this one always makes me giggle) & rally fee.

Mid-Winter Board Meeting: same calculation as above

International Rally: no reimbursement

**Region Officer Travel Reimbursement:
Within Region: Base rate per President of $1,386 + $36 per unit/club in Region, VP's $36 per unit/club in Region

Mid-Winter Board Meeting: round-trip mileage calculated from Prez starting point @ $.535/mile, $20/night camping fee for every 300 miles traveled & rally fee.

International Rally: no reimbursement

The 2019/2020 leadership team had a FANTASTIC budget planning kick-off meeting in Robertsdale. We are committed to developing and adhering to a balanced budget, scrubbing every income & expense line item and exploring ways to improve existing processes.

Hope this helps, we're committed to transparency and to this Club and value your trust in allowing us to steward the WBCCI on behalf of our past, current & future members.

Mona
monaheath@icloud.com
monah is offline   Reply With Quote