Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
How can I look up Info for the WBCCI Numbers?

I am trying to find out the info on WBCCI number 7768. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
NicheVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
#7768 is currently not assigned to any member.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
Thanks AWCHIEF. That's a bummer. I am hoping to possibly purchase it and was curious of the history. I have contact info for the owner but was optimistic.

Thanks again!
Old 03-13-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
My membership list only goes back a few years. Some of the older members might be able to help. You can try giving the main club office a try, not sure what their capabilities are for looking up history info.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
Good Idea I will try that. Thanks for the help again.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:58 AM   #6

1970 27' Overlander
Guilford , Connecticut
Hi, I am new to this site (which is great) and was also hoping to look up my number 13234... is there a site to jump on to see if that number is active?
Rissmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
There is no open website with numbers vs personal information about current members. The club only publishes their directory to current members via email or hardcopy. 13234 is unassigned this year and so is available. Go to the WBCCI.ORG website and join on line specifing your desire to get 13234 and pay by credit card. Or you can call up the club headquarters in Jackson Center and reserve the number and then send in your check. Welcome to the Club.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:22 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Call the WBCCI headquarters in Jackson Center Ohio. They should have the number history.

Contact a local WBCCI campground. I know Top of Georgia has annual membership directories that date back many years. Others campgrounds may also.

I purchased my deceased uncles numbers after JC acknowledged they had not been reissued.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:51 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Jackson Center does not provide past history of WBCCI numbers to random callers. It is a waste of Club resources and dues money. There are a number of WBCCI/Airforum members, who have collections of old directories and do this kind of work for free. If you want to join, and want a specific number, go to the National WBCCI.org website and fill out the application.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:12 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Actually they don't mind doing this at all. You can call the central office and they will be happy to find what they can. Just remember it is a manual process, as none of the old directories are in electronic format. And the clubs database does not track number history either, so the directory is the only method.

And yes I did confirm this with the office staff before replying.

Damon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
Jackson Center does not provide past history of WBCCI numbers to random callers. It is a waste of Club resources and dues money. There are a number of WBCCI/Airforum members, who have collections of old directories and do this kind of work for free. If you want to join, and want a specific number, go to the National WBCCI.org website and fill out the application.
damonbeals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:58 AM   #11

1972 31' Sovereign
Alvarado , Texas
Did you ever find info on 7768

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicheVintage View Post
Thanks AWCHIEF. That's a bummer. I am hoping to possibly purchase it and was curious of the history. I have contact info for the owner but was optimistic.

Thanks again!
We are brand spanking new owners of a Sovereign LY that has ghost numbers of 7768. Did you ever get more info on who had that assigned to them or what it was assigned to? Am curious to see if it’s the same rig or a different one. Any info is appreciated!
BigBadBob74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

Crestone , Colorado
Jackson Center does not provide past history of WBCCI numbers to random callers.
Hardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:18 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Don't bother calling WBCCI HQ about number history. They don't do that for non-members, though they will forward member requests (and maybe occasionally a non-member request) to me as the Club Historian.

However, WBCCI HQ is the only source that can tell you if a number is currently available, as any number could have been assigned since the last Membership Directory was published.

Back to number history. I do lookups for both members and non-members in the AirForums thread named "Research By WBCCI Number" (can't figure out how to post a link as I type up this reply on my phone). I rarely answer requests in other threads. My answers may not always be timely depending upon my travels (I do not travel with 50+ years of paper directories) and other commitments around home. I might respond within a few days, or it could be weeks or even months, if I am particularly busy, but I will eventually reply in the date order the requests were posted in that thread.

You need to understand that each lookup takes time to search thru 50+ years of paper Membership Directories because there is no database. Each lookup might take me 30 minutes to research and write up on average, some less, some more. Numbers that have only been assigned once over the decades are the easiest to research, but I have researched cases of numbers that had been assigned/reassigned at least 8 or more times over the decades. Those are a royal pain to research and write up. We can only then make guesses about which prior assignee may have owned an Airstream bearing a particular Big Red Number.

Also note that I typically do not provide any history more recent than the 1999 due to privacy concerns.

By the way, WBCCI has no information about what Airstreams were owned by previous members. The club never retained such information. All I can tell you is who was previously assigned a number and when and if they are credited as having participated in any recorded caravans.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:17 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonbeals View Post
Actually they don't mind doing this at all. You can call the central office and they will be happy to find what they can. Just remember it is a manual process, as none of the old directories are in electronic format. And the clubs database does not track number history either, so the directory is the only method.

And yes I did confirm this with the office staff before replying.

Damon
H Damon,
I missed your "confirmed with the office" comment. That is happy news to me - less for me to do!

BTW, here is the link to the thread that I normally answer quests in:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...-new-post.html
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote

« Inspector | Top | 1954? »