Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2017, 07:24 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Springfield , Missouri
Help finding WBCCI # belonging to former members

I purchased a 1964 Overlander back in September. Whats interesting is it still has the rally stickers from the late 1960's in it, however no sign of any WBCCI #'s on the trailer. There appears to be some scaring on the aluminum on the back in the center where the numbers would go (though only where the center, or single number would be, and I can't tell what it used to be). I have the first owner's name, found it in the owner's manual, along with his wife's name, and I have a possible second owner's name as well from a receipt from mid 1968 for maintenance the dealer had done. How would I go about finding these owners WBCCI #s?
Old 11-15-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Suggest contacting WBCCI headquarters in Jackson Center and providing them with the trailer's VIN/serial number. If the owners belonged to WBCCI, they would have needed to register their trailer with WBCCI.

Though this method is not foolproof. If they owned more than one trailer, they might not have registered all of them…
Old 11-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Email everything you know to history@wbcci.org, Joe will help you when he can.

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:59 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Springfield , Missouri
Thanks for the suggestions! Also wondering if California has records available the history of ownership of the trailer (and if they do, would the even release them)?

Another point of interest on the trailer, it has a decal on the back window from the 1968 Mexico Olympics.