Old 11-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #29
Rivet Master
2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
I believe that some of the newer numbers are not to be soaked in water just pealed from the backing. I may be wrong but I do think that the last time I used them I had both kinds in the envelope.

Keep the shiny side up.
WBCCI # 348
Past Region 3 President
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member
2008 27' International CCD FB
Bothell , Washington
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
I believe that some of the newer numbers are not to be soaked in water just pealed from the backing. I may be wrong but I do think that the last time I used them I had both kinds in the envelope.
Well, if that were the case in our situation it would have been helpful if the sender noted which were which type (water vs standard adhesive). All we got was a standard prinout with water decal instructions and our name filled in the blank.

Oh well, no biggie... We'll have our numbers, just a little later than we expected. This will give us a chance to put our Air Forums #s on it as well. We'll just do it one big shebang...

Air # 20467
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #31
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637

When I got my WBCCI #'s I was kinda suprised that it did not have taping on top of it.All you need is some kind of tape with a very light tack.You could also go to a sign shop and ask them for a bit of it to use.I am pretty sure they would sell some of it or have bit of scraps laying around.
It just cant get any better than that.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:19 AM   #32
WBCCI 8562
1975 31' Sovereign
Pelzer , South Carolina
I had a disaster putting on my numbers, here in the desert stuff dies in seconds, so I used the soap to position them, got em on OK, then a guest of wind came and blew the 5 to the next county..
Retrieved it, sand and all..and it is on a bit crooked
Jim in Pima Az, enjoying our 1975 31 ft Airstream Sovereign
Jim in Pima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member
1958 22' Flying Cloud
Saint Helena , California
I first put my numbers on signage "cling film" using the soapy water system on the dining room table. When dry, I cut the film to match the rough shape of the numbers. Then, using the same soap solution, slipped them onto the aluminum, avoiding the rivets and getting the spacing dialed in. The reason for this is that you can remove/reapply them easily when it's time to repolish. (The added benefit is that if the WBCCI ticks you off, you can denumber your rig.)
bevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
down south , South Carolina
BaldEagle, Use the soapy water. Then use a squeegee to press any excess water out. A pencil line is all you nee to line them up at the bottom, or you can use masking tape as a line. We have use the process for years when putting decals on the side of our work trucks. Having a sing shop make the numbers up for you on one decal transfer is the most accurate way they will line up and not be tilted, but will cost 50 bucks or so.
Dieselgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #35
1973 21' Globetrotter
Woodland , California
I have received my WBCCI membership numbers and know how to line them up but was wandering if there are any spacing requirements.
wrpeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #36
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Welcome to the forums, and welcome to the WBCCI!

No spacing requirements, just space them so they look nice. If you want you can temporarily tack them in place with masking tape and stand back to view them from a distance to judge the appearance.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #37
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Just put mine on. They are peel and stick now. I thought they looked best 1 3/4" above the Airstream logo, and 1 3/4" between them. Centered. Used masking tape horizontal along the bottom, and then a piece of masking tape vertical alongside each number as I put them up as a guide. Stick first at the bottom and then press each number upward with your fingers being sure there are no air bubbles.

doug k

dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote