Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-01-2010, 06:56 AM   #41
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Unfortunately, Tom did not allow them to do that. You pay the full $500 for the 30 amps or you do not come. There is no option.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob280 View Post
Hello Mistral Blue Your comments are distorted. While Pam is on the 2020 committee, she is not in a "leadership" position and as far as I know they do not represent the position of the International leadership/

I have spent 34 years promoting the club to others and even today I continue to do so. My wife and I stop and talk to every "baldy" we see and give them a membership packet. so please don't ever, ever question my attitude about our club. I work hard to get new members and believe I have,by virtue of my 34 years as a member, the right to speak out

BTW I never said anything about 30 amp..
With all due respect for your many years of service to OUR club , NO ONE is ever above questioning . That attitude alone is reponsible for the major portion of turmoil in our club today. I must say this attitude in you is a big suprise , and you SHOULD know that Pam is not anything like what you have implied.
ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #43
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Rally budgets

When I was co-chair of a region rally, we developed a very detailed operating budget and line itemed everything. That's how we came up with our rally fee. It wasn't all that difficult to do. In the end we more than covered the costs.

The idea of using a commercial campground couldn't be that expensive, could it? When camping we pay $24-40/night for sites in the Northeast. So if we were to pay full freight at a campground for 5 nights at $35/night = $175. To that add a kitty fee for renting tents or meeting buildings, meals, giveaways, entertainment and that sort of thing.

What would be a reasonable fee? I bet it could be done for $300 per rig. I don't have a breakdown of expenses for an international rally so I don't understand the costs. Does anyone else have them?

This could be "pie in the sky" thinking, as perhaps commercial campgrounds would not want to rent to a large group.

Anyway, pardon my habit for "thinking out-loud". These are just thoughts and 'creative' ideas. What do you think?

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Pam,

You can obtain the current International Rally budget from Cindy Reed or PM me with your email address and I will send you what I have.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Exclamation Another Highjacked thread

Okay guys........another positive thread has gone wrong! It seems that everyone needs to air their dirty laundry on this FORUM. Can't we ALL just have fun and think of camping with our beloved Airstream. Things don't get better with complaining.

• Think campfires .................
  • Harmonica playing with Gus..............:wh istling
  • Guitars
  • And plenty of Potlucks
  • Love your neighbor and make new friends with no conditions attached.

And........most of ALL making the WBCCI a better club.

I'm for camping, so please join me with your Airstream!

Your New England neighbor,
Gail

BRN-2905
NEAC of Region 1
AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #46
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I think it must be the weather. People are stuck at home, buried in snow, feeling very cooped up, and in no mood for anything. Complaining comes naturally at this point.

So I'll join in: Let's go kill the damned weatherperson and turn off the weather channel! (And if the WBCCI owns stock in the WC, kill them, too!)

Trying to be cheerful in Angel Fire ...

Lynn
Old 03-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #47
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
The rally that Pam speaks of was The region 1 Rally when I was Region President. And I want everyone to know that she and her co-host organized the best regional rally I have, in my 34 years, ever gone to.It was superior to anything International has ever come up with (except maybe the 1976 International) Even today, Pam puts on excellent rallies and get-together events. but we do see things from different viewpoints and so we both speak our minds. I would support Pam any day but that does not mean that I agree with her.on every thing she says.

BTW Mistral, Harriett and I do NOT need 30 amp electric - your statement is false - because we have a very advanced solar system that provides what electric we may want even in the middle of the desert, To bad you didn't have the correct info and made assumptions. We camped for over a week in Big Bend National Park without electric hookups, but we had all of the internet and TV coverage we wanted..

Ticki2, sorry about using the word attitude, should have said concerns.

Oh! If anyone wants to know how to run a rally up to and including Regional ones, contact Pam, she is a wizz at them. (But having said that, I will probably disagree with her again)
bob280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:12 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
Thats why , I will never attend a international rally.To much bull --- The expense is out of hand. I can relax at a private campground and visit the rally on a day pass look around and leave. Those long meetings and ritual ceremonies are not for me.
wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu https://fire1.smugmug.com
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote