Old 02-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
love this thread

matt hits the rivet on the head...for my WBCCI experience it's all about the Unit. Like Matt, my home Unit and the two others I am an affiliate of have people who I call really close friends. I could never think of walking from that camaraderie. Principals? When it comes to camping and good times, what is more principled than friendship?

Curious to see how long this thread can stay positive.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We would personally like to strongly encourage all the nay-sayers, pessimists, anti-WBCCI'ers, etc., etc., to take their repetitive criticisms and vitriol to the numerous threads for this purpose which are already in place.

We know how you feel/what the issues are, and we share some of those feelings, but everyone isn't leaving the WBCCI nor wants to see it disappear. Enough is enough. Leave one thread alone for positive posts and encouragement, for those who are interested and want to read it. If you can't stand it, there is an Ignore function.

Doug & Maggie

Old 02-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #17
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I'm 100% in favor of the 2020 committee's recommendations and plans for implementation. I am very excited about the coming rejunevation as we close out the rest of this camping year 2019.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
We would personally like to strongly encourage all the , etc., etc., to take their repetitive criticisms and vitriol to the numerous threads for this purpose which are already in place.

We know how you feel/what the issues are, and we share some of those feelings, but everyone isn't leaving the WBCCI nor wants to see it disappear. Enough is enough. Leave one thread alone for positive posts and encouragement, for those who are interested and want to read it. If you can't stand it, there is an Ignore function.

Doug & Maggie
KO on that! Although to be fair all critical people haven't given up or hate the WBCCI. Not sure how many fall into the category of "nay-sayers, pessimists, anti-WBCCI'ers" unfairly though. Sounds an awful lot like IBT quality talk to a mere member.

Pay any price to have what you have. The IBT loves that response, I am certain. That's just normal for them.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I'd be happy to discuss the negative aspects of the International on another thread. There are many. That is NOT what the club is about.

My job as Unit President-Elect is entertainment, fun, and preparation for next year. If you aren't having fun you ARE in the wrong club. I'm having a blast.

Matt
Old 02-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
No thanks. I'll take a pass on talking about the club negatives with you. I'm good. We could talk about the negatives of the implication and identifiers "nay-sayers, pessimists, anti-WBCCI'ers." But I had my say and I am good on that too.

I also like to hear a positive pattern of speech.

photography
Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
If you are going to be in Gillette, stop by. We have Happy Hour most nights and love company and conversation. We chatted in Bozeman at Andy, Barb, and Hunter's place. Not sure we saw you in Madison.

Matt
Old 02-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Good deal! We probably can't make that trip this year though, unfortunately. In Bozeman I was in doggie 3amp in front of the stadium. You must have been to the 2020 deal in the Vintage Tent. I was on the side. Asked a few questions... Saw Hunter once, Leo, Artstream, my MD compadres...did a few walk arounds and found a few vintage regulars and the rest were all new acquaintences and even held a party with the new neighbor and we two took off on a week long spontaneous caravan to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Afton.

I like the Internationals best. I have been to three and all have been solo. Perhaps DH will go to the one in Illinois, our home state.

photography
Old 02-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
We will renew our 2011 membership. We believe that our money is well spent and supporting our unit is worth every penny. We host some great rallies and our membership is probably some of the most diverse folks we have met. It is absolutely a pleasure to be a part of this eclectic collection of great people. We too joined for the historic aspect of the club and love having our own red numbers on our vintage rig as well as our Wally Byam Caravan Club Sticker. We are looking forward to a great year and are seeing some positive change on the horizon. Our unit is on the move and we continue to add new members each month. The 4CU Rocks!!

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Now that I am a TAC member I will take the high road and not the WBCCI on the forums any more.BUT that still does not make me a happy camper with them.
YES the 4CU rock and is a grate WBCCI unit to be in.
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #25
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Great Positives

Thanks for adding your comments. Great positives.

If you get a chance to check out our NEU website, please visit at
www.newengland.wbcci.net

Our webmaster has been working on the site and it's looking good. We have a very good rally schedule this year and have added some fun stuff that's not listed yet. We are doing "Tailgate Sundays", where we will announce a National Park location, meet up at a certain time, tour, bring a picnic lunch or meet at a local restaurant. We're in a competition to collect as many NP stamps this year as we can.

Looking to have fun? Visit the NEU.

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
BTW, why do we need any electricity at International? I don't understand. We dry camp all the time. We have batteries and water on board.
Pam, that is shallow thinking. There are handicap and other members who require kidney machines or o2 generators / concentrators and with your thinking they would be unable to join in. And yes I am aware that they could buy and yse large heavy generators and be stuck away from others in order to run them, but some of those very members have worked for years to promote the eay of life that you would deny them. And some of those generators are too heavy for some eldery members to carry or handle.

It appears that the 2020 committee is NOT focused on the members but is being led by the also shallow thinking international leadership.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #27
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
You know what they say about assuming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob280 View Post
Pam, that is shallow thinking. There are handicap and other members who require kidney machines or o2 generators / concentrators and with your thinking they would be unable to join in. And yes I am aware that they could buy and yse large heavy generators and be stuck away from others in order to run them, but some of those very members have worked for years to promote the eay of life that you would deny them. And some of those generators are too heavy for some eldery members to carry or handle.

It appears that the 2020 committee is NOT focused on the members but is being led by the also shallow thinking international leadership.
You know what they say about assuming....

My question about needing electricity is not a reflection of the 2020 committe, but my personal question. We dry camp all the time and I have read comments here on the Airforums from people who want amenities and those who don't. The WBCCI is a diverse club with members of different ages, needs and expectations.

I personally would opt for electricity to run the AC for my dog.

So please don't assume anything, least of all that my opinions are more than my own. I am personally offended by your coments about the 2020 and international above. My personal style is for open discussion and to ask lots of questions and do not reflect either of those entities.

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I think what is seen as a problem by some members as a problem is only 30 amp service (with its associated higher price) is available this year at Gillette. No lower cost 3 amp service is available. 30% of the people who came to Madison last year opted to take only 3 amp service. This 30% of the members were disregarded this year. Some have opted not to come because the lower cost 3 amp service was not offered. They think management has shot themselves in the toe again by not being flexible. We have always had higher amperage service and asphalt parking available for those who need it.