Old 07-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #15
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
He is also apparently persona non grata on Airstream Forums. I made the mistake of linking his web site in a post and it was deleted within hours. A moderator sent me a nice PM explaining that it was nothing personal, just that AirForums had a long history of trouble with the individual in question and wanted nothing to do with him. Perhaps someone who knows the history can jump in to this thread and give us some background.

I believe this individual was formerly a member of WBCCI and left after running into some difficulties with his unit, then recently rejoined as a MAL, which is why he wouldn't be in the 2009 directory. .
The plot thickens

Anyone care to PM me the details???

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
If some of us were ever planning on joining up with WBCCI, threads like this one would surely turn us off. Im certain Wally didnt plan for this outcome..

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #17
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
"I am beginning to think that WBCCI ought to restructure its grievance process to incorporate pistols at 20 paces. That at least has the virtue of ending these interpersonal feuds permanently."

Why not build a boxing ring at the next big rally and have them fight it out with pillows and Nerf bats?

I will furnish the pop corn.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamica View Post
If some of us were ever planning on joining up with WBCCI, threads like this one would surely turn us off. Im certain Wally didnt plan for this outcome..
The sad part about it is that the grievance process incorporated in the WBCCI bylaws provides a marvelous weapon with which a single individual can bludgeon his personal enemies--the collateral damage to the WBCCI be damned. That was the case last year and looks like it's the case again this year.

This has almost nothing to do with the WBCCI--just a clash of egos (a lot of those around, these days) played out in exquisite living color on the internet.

The best we can hope for is that the ethics and grievance committee will examine the charges and the source, deliberate for a few seconds, and decide to acquit before the club's reputation is damaged any more than it already is.

Meanwhile, thousands of WBCCI members will go on caravans and rallies, go camping and have fun while paying no attention to this kind of stuff. These things get a lot more attention on AirForums than they do in the WBCCI. . .
Old 07-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #19
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
With any club there are good and bad apples. This whole issue started when a few people found out that the new WBCCI forums where not going to be OWNED nor OPERATED by the WBCCI, instead they would be owned and operated by Greg, on his personal business website. Since going to the forums to share this information, Greg has been upset with the fact that someone was challeging his new forums. Most members, want to see the club go in the right direction, and not see its data turned over to a nonmember. Thats why these were filed, for non members reading this, I hope they read it as a fight to save the club from bad choices, and not fighting against each other....although it does get personal sometimes.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
As Mr. Gibson requested it will see the light?

Anyone know this member or why he filed 3 complaints
Going by the long incoherent posts he must be an old nut fresh out of the nut house. Or drunk as a loon.

Why would anyone take this sh*t seriously?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #21
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Since he owns the site he has access to all the members info like emails to offer to sell Airstreams.

Anyone care to sign up there, in fact it looks pretty quite, wonder if Greg is also a moderator???

Not a good idea sounds like a conflict of interest which Wbcci should sever perhaps.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Since he owns the site he has access to all the members info like emails to offer to sell Airstreams.

Anyone care to sign up there, in fact it looks pretty quite, wonder if Greg is also a moderator???

Not a good idea sounds like a conflict of interest which Wbcci should sever perhaps.
Bob,

I have signed up over there, as have others on this forum. The forum is quiet, but then it has only been online since the beginning of this month.

Hard to tell if he is a moderator, since so many of those registered do not use their name but a screen name.

I thought in listening to the IBT meetings and discussions that the WBCCI had severed its relationship regarding the hosting of the site, but not the services provided by his company. But then I am not a computer expert.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #23
Trailerite

1971 23' Safari
Riverton , Missouri
Do you think it's a coincidence that 5 of the 8 Airstream ads are from Charlotte, North Carolina, where Gibson is supposed to be from?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Another stroke of marketing genius . . .

by my beloved club, the WBGCI (Wally Byam Grievance Club International). Spend months developing a revised member chat forum,then put in charge of it a trigger-happy new member who files grievances against club members who post there. A sure-fire formula for growing membership and encouraging participation.

I've declined invitations to sign up. The former club chat room was pretty dull, but the new one has quickly become toxic. Count me out.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:59 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamica View Post
Hi, reason number ten thousand for not joining this club. I think this club needs to close, file chapter 11, and let the tax payers take over. Is this really a club or a foreign dictatorship?

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:35 AM   #26
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Is there a smilie ecomotion for shooting yourself in the foot? How about in the head? More turn offs to a formally club happy camper.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #27
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Is there a smilie ecomotion for shooting yourself in the foot? How about in the head?
Well, there's this one, it's close:
Old 07-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #28
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, reason number ten thousand for not joining this club. I think this club needs to close, file chapter 11, and let the tax payers take over. Is this really a club or a foreign dictatorship?
Well, that sorta worked for General Motors...

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com