Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #621
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
Quote:
"The club's name does not include the word "camping" and therefore the club should not be seen as a camping club. The leadership is running it as it was intended, as a caravaning club for older retired people and those with enough time on their hands and enough money that they can afford and take the opportunity to caravan. If you want a "camping club", you most likely need to need to find a local "camping club" and pay your dues to support it."

Dwight:

Thank you for honestly acknowledging what the WBCCI and you unit are. After being in the WBCCI for five years as a non-retired (working member) I have come to the same conclusion. It is a club for retired Airstreamers. I am reducing my activities with the WBCCI and may not renew my membership after this year since I am not close to retirement. I have become a life-time member of Escapees, will participate more in Airfourm rallies and will join a new Airstream Camping Club when formed. I agree, why waste my money on the WBCCI when I can spend it on a local camping club. That kind of club I would be glad to spend $100 per year on.

Once working WBCCI members acknowledge the WBCCI for what it is and accept it for what it is, Airstreaming becomes simpler. You no longer need to bang your head against the wall in futility. Leo you will learn this once you are thrown out. I purchased my Airstream without even knowing that the WBCCI existed. Airstreaming will always be around in my lifetime; the WBCCI may not.

Again, Dwight - thanks for having the guts to honestly state the situation.
Bluebird, I like this!!!! Exactly!! Leo, you will sometime in the near future - GET IT!
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

Old 02-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #622
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I would like to respond to Dwight also. All you said is correct. The problem is that the club is not advertised as a retirees club.

As Rob said, a new club is being formed. It will be a club for retirees. It will be club for empty nesters, It will be a club for families. It will be a club for anyone that wants to participate. Heck it will be a club that even Leo will enjoy to be a part of. Many said pulling this off was impossible and some of us took that as a direct challenge to make it happen.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #623
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
The International supported activities are not intended for young people with kids.

the Youth program was well run and attended by 70 grandkids.
Hmmm... When I signed up (and paid my money) to bring 4 of my 5 kids I was not told that the intention was for me not to come.

Also when we signed up for the activities I was not told it was only for "grandkids"

I hope we did not break any rules.... I don't need the hassle of being subjected to the grievance process.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
Old 02-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #624
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
When I paid dues it was at a local/regional rally and I showed up sans trailer with 2 kids and a wife in tow. (The purpose of my visit was to see a forum friend from out of state) At that rally I got cornered for an enrollment and caved in. IN that year I did not attend anything because my life style is not in line with the local rallies nor is it condusive to caravanning. So I have not renewed. In addition my trailer is in a less than condition of most at that rally.

The ave. age of the peeps at the local level is not quite a generation older however it is close. So I did not see the value in staying with the club. It was not stated specifically what happened at the local level, however they were very excited for me to join.

>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 02-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #625
_

. , .
sadly u guys are EMBARRASSING youse'selfs....

this thread started with some1 apparently QUITTING the club...

and the FIRST reply captured the thoughts of many of us (at least initially)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
That letter is hard to read. Your pain is apparent...
many of us have quit the wb' and many have BRIEFLY commented on that change in a post or 2 ...

and MANY of those that quit for GOOD reasons were lambasted, harassed, ridiculed and otherwise POKED at...

by the same people quitting and whining ON and ON, in THIS thread.

this thread is a nice example of that process (others quitting) and involving the same subset of whiners here now...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ion-57443.html

here's just a snip of the "supportive" replies the rest of us got when deciding to quit...

"i'll pay your dues for ya"

"too bad you don't understand the real club purposes"

and these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post

...Here's to our fun unit and all the fun we have!!! like we will next summer as well... lots of great rallies lined up...

Yeah, I was down pretty hard on the club this summer... but spending time with my unit members has put everything into perspective once more.... Go Wally...
Quote:
I "know" what I get for my dues, but that's because I participate...'''

I promise you it will be FUN! If you are one with a negative opinion, that opinion will change if you put forth the effort and come and see for yourself.
there are dozens of attacking posts like these on OTHER threads, many now closed like the one above,

directed toward folks who decided to quit OR who wanted a unit with MORE cyber presence...

((remember those sarcastic notes rob, and pms about joining the virtual worlds))

and the notes about how WHEN u were the PREZ, you'd CHANGE/fix it all...?

then NOVA was conceived and it's just the ticket for those that wanted that approach, a virtual NATIONAL unit.

anyway...

eventually (and quickly) most of us just moved on after quitting, continuing to camp and enjoy streaming...

and EVEN if those folks who quit were volunteers or leaders of some sort, the club heals internally and moves on...

the wb' world doesn't stop because ANY 1 or 2 or 3 inflated egos quit...

it is what it is, figure that out and IF you fit.

and IF you don't fit, move on and find a better place

and IF that better place is to CONTINUE attacking them, well that's a special sort of personal hell.

this thread has become a personalized "let's trash the wb' and promote ourSELVES as cooler, better, more informed and the ones too...

bring a new club along for others...

Quote:
...an alternative is coming!
having seen the true nature of the players exposed HERE,

i have NO INTEREST in anything this little click would offer as a new club...

petty, vindictive revenge motivated seeds for a NEW club are far from attractive.

(even if hidden in the 'come to our really cool kids friendly rally' solicitations)

and that's really ALL that is happening by the stir'rs of this pot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
I know the WBCCI will miss you a lot.
perhaps initially and briefly, but even at the unit level PEOPLE move on...

the choice was VOLUNTARY, no one died and so on.

the truth is mostly, they WON'T miss this bunch and especially based on the behaviors AFTER quitting.

imagine attending an event and spending campfire time on this?

(the promises to "show up" at public parks where local wb' events happen to camp with the group are CHILDISH.

they don't miss ANY of us who have quit, and as dwightdi continues to remind...

the club's purpose is specific and NOT what others imagine JUST because they imagine it.

it's 1 thing to quit, but it's an entirely different thing to bash and whine and self promote...

besides the real reasons for quitting were all EGO based (over estimating self importance to the larger club, and getting wacked on the wb' forum)

the FINANCIAL crisis facing the wb' is real and made WORSE last year after a/s corp decided to NOT continue giving the club cash yearly (50k+$)...

which has lead to the LARGE shortfall that's now seen in the int' budget figures...

IF they solve that the club can and will continue to be WHAT it is....

so be it.

wanna have rallies in yer back yard, COOL!
wanna start a new camping click, COOL!
wanna spend a lot of time chest slapping and back patting, COOL! (not really)

but why not just quit already and...

get OVER it.
_________

and finally regarding the rbcci...

Quote:
Well there goes the Rob Baker Camping Club International (RBCCI)...
that name IS taken already, see post #111 here...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...gon-23910.html

so getta hat and a boogie/doobie/phatty and join the PUFFIN' and SMOKIN' but NO back slappin' club, mon!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #626
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
so getta hat and a boogie/doobie/phatty and join the PUFFIN' and SMOKIN' but NO back slappin' club, mon!
the resident philosopher speaks.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #627
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
When I paid dues it was at a local/regional rally and I showed up sans trailer with 2 kids and a wife in tow. (The purpose of my visit was to see a forum friend from out of state) At that rally I got cornered for an enrollment and caved in. IN that year I did not attend anything because my life style is not in line with the local rallies nor is it condusive to caravanning. So I have not renewed. In addition my trailer is in a less than condition of most at that rally.

The ave. age of the peeps at the local level is not quite a generation older however it is close. So I did not see the value in staying with the club. It was not stated specifically what happened at the local level, however they were very excited for me to join.

>>>>>>>>>>>Action
I hope this was not the 4CU that your where in.Because that does not sound like us.
BUT if you would like an try the 4CU you are welcome to come see us at our rally at Dead Horse State Parks on Feb.12-14 2010.We have ALL ages of folks and ALL conditions of trailers and MoHos.Best of all we have FUN.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #628
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
No one club can fit everyone's needs. There are people who like the WBCCI, people who will like a new club that I suspect may look more like the WBCCI than some are comfortable with, people who like the newly formed clubs listed on the Clubs and Groups Directory, people who like the rallies promoted on the Forum, and people who just go out on their own.

I think it would be more productive to announce a new club or group and what it's purpose is than continue this thread in the way it has been going.

So let a thousand flowers bloom in this increasingly diverse world and join or not join what appeals to you.

Gene
Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #629
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
this thread started with some1 apparently QUITTING the club...

and the FIRST reply captured the thoughts of many of us (at least initially)

many of us have quit the wb' and many have BRIEFLY commented on that change in a post or 2 ...

and MANY of those that quit for GOOD reasons were lambasted, harassed, ridiculed and otherwise POKED at...

by the same people quitting and whining ON and ON, in THIS thread.

this thread is a nice example of that process (others quitting) and involving the same subset of whiners here now...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ion-57443.html

here's just a snip of the "supportive" replies the rest of us got when deciding to quit...

"i'll pay your dues for ya"

"too bad you don't understand the real club purposes"

and these...

there are dozens of attacking posts like these on OTHER threads, many now closed like the one above,

directed toward folks who decided to quit OR who wanted a unit with MORE cyber presence...

((remember those sarcastic notes rob, and pms about joining the virtual worlds))

and the notes about how WHEN u were the PREZ, you'd CHANGE/fix it all...?

then NOVA was conceived and it's just the ticket for those that wanted that approach, a virtual NATIONAL unit.

anyway...

eventually (and quickly) most of us just moved on after quitting, continuing to camp and enjoy streaming...

and EVEN if those folks who quit were volunteers or leaders of some sort, the club heals internally and moves on...

the wb' world doesn't stop because ANY 1 or 2 or 3 inflated egos quit...

it is what it is, figure that out and IF you fit.

and IF you don't fit, move on and find a better place

and IF that better place is to CONTINUE attacking them, well that's a special sort of personal hell.

this thread has become a personalized "let's trash the wb' and promote ourSELVES as cooler, better, more informed and the ones too...

bring a new club along for others...

having seen the true nature of the players exposed HERE,

i have NO INTEREST in anything this little click would offer as a new club...

petty, vindictive revenge motivated seeds for a NEW club are far from attractive.

(even if hidden in the 'come to our really cool kids friendly rally' solicitations)

and that's really ALL that is happening by the stir'rs of this pot...

perhaps initially and briefly, but even at the unit level PEOPLE move on...

the choice was VOLUNTARY, no one died and so on.

the truth is mostly, they WON'T miss this bunch and especially based on the behaviors AFTER quitting.

imagine attending an event and spending campfire time on this?

(the promises to "show up" at public parks where local wb' events happen to camp with the group are CHILDISH.

they don't miss ANY of us who have quit, and as dwightdi continues to remind...

the club's purpose is specific and NOT what others imagine JUST because they imagine it.

it's 1 thing to quit, but it's an entirely different thing to bash and whine and self promote...

besides the real reasons for quitting were all EGO based (over estimating self importance to the larger club, and getting wacked on the wb' forum)

the FINANCIAL crisis facing the wb' is real and made WORSE last year after a/s corp decided to NOT continue giving the club cash yearly (50k+$)...

which has lead to the LARGE shortfall that's now seen in the int' budget figures...

IF they solve that the club can and will continue to be WHAT it is....

so be it.

wanna have rallies in yer back yard, COOL!
wanna start a new camping click, COOL!
wanna spend a lot of time chest slapping and back patting, COOL! (not really)

but why not just quit already and...

get OVER it.
_________

and finally regarding the rbcci...

that name IS taken already, see post #111 here...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...gon-23910.html

cheers
2air'
The only thing of value in this long-winded rant, is that this individual has no desire to come to a specific rally in New York. There is no doubt in my mind that this news is a tremendous relief to those who will be in attendance. It seems the feeling is mutual, which means it's a win-win for all.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #630
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Jimmimi,

I was not a 4CU gathering. However my avatar is from a 4CU in NM circa 2002. I am not big on paying WBCCI to get to somthing like the VAC or 4CU or what ever.

So I have the plastic numbers in my hand and an expired membership card.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 02-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #631
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
...I think it would be more productive to announce a new club or group and what it's purpose is than continue this thread in the way it has been going...
agreed gene

but not IF every reference, comparison and innuendo related to some new click...

bash'ez the old order.

it's really time to LET THAT GO...

i felt some sympathy for the o.p. initially but the goodbye hasn't happened really.

and i've got NO warmth for the wb' or their forums OR the owner there OR their mods...

i'm also not a fan of deleting posts HERE or closing USEFUL threads.

but the continued whining and petty promotions here,

makes the wb' mods decision to delete or edit the initial stuff over THERE...

appear justified in retrospect.

and FOR SURE if this thread was about THIS forum, THIS community, THIS club or THESE owner/mods/officers ...

it would have been CLOSED long ago.

Quote:
...people who like the newly formed clubs listed on the Clubs and Groups Directory...
we both got the same MEMO encouraging us to promote the club/groups feature here.

and you have been doing just that.

but have u actually tried USING IT?

for example TRY starting a group (gene's tundra'streamers, smith, jones, dewy, cheatem and howe...)

there are NO USEFUL features yet in the personalized club tool here...

and it appears there won't be ANY till the next software upgrade, which is apparently months away.

so TRY IT before promoting it, i have and was told to WAIT a few months till the useful features are enabled.

Quote:
...So let a thousand flowers bloom in this increasingly diverse world and join or not join what appeals to you...
ok, stop bogarting that joint my friend, pass it' over to me...

and sing along wid' me...

When the moon is in the Seventh House
and Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
The age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding

No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius! Aquarius!

When the moon is in the Seventh House
and Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

The age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!

As our hearts go beating through the night
We dance unto the dawn of day
To be the bearers of the water
Our light will lead the way

We are the spirit of the age of Aquarius
The age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
Angelic illumination
Rising fiery constellation
Travelling our starry courses
Guided by the cosmic forces
Oh, care for us
; Aquarius

groovy dude
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #632
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
we both got the same MEMO encouraging us to promote the club/groups feature here.

and you have been doing just that.

but have u actually tried USING IT?

for example TRY starting a group (gene's tundra'streamers, smith, jones, dewy, cheatem and howe...)

there are NO USEFUL features yet in the personalized club tool here...

and it appears there won't be ANY till the next software upgrade, which is apparently months away.

so TRY IT before promoting it, i have and was told to WAIT a few months till the useful features are enabled.
It appears to work well enough for starters. I have more than enough to do without taking on another task like starting a club or group. Whether or not there are "USEFUL features", 13 groups are using the option, so it must have some beneficial use. Are you planning on starting a group and have you tried to use the tool?

Gene
Old 02-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #633
_

. , .
Quote:
It appears to work well enough for starters..
really?

HOW exactly does it work?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...rum-60901.html

the wb' private sections aren't new and while they DO work all the new stuff does is LINK to those PRE existing older local unit/club sites....

and that's ALL still wb' stuff.

for NON wb' clicks there isn't ANY THING yet...

see post #8 in the thread above.

THAT is the 'new clubs' feature, there isn't ANYTHING included with that except 'bulk mailings'

go luck with the breathing thing, being sob is NO fun...

and just PM a mod and ASK to start a group...

you won't spend 5 minutes on this because the reply will be WAIT for the next software update.

cheers
2air'

Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #634
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
2air, what's your point? The system isn't working too well, so until it's better, forget about it? Or, it's no good and move onto something else?

It's an experiment. It'll take time. I think it's great for the Forum to even take this on.

Gene
Old 02-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #635
_

. , .
Quote:
...what's your point?...
simply that RECOMMENDING folks TRY something that isn't YET a viable alternative isn't wise.

it's like advising folks to invest with bernie madoff

could it be useful SOME day?

perhaps, depends on the details, IF and WHEN they appear ...

you are suggesting it's an alternative to a REAL club when it isn't YET...

it's not even an alternative to the pretend clubs...

and the parts that are USEFUL are part of the REAL club that's under duress.

so suggesting folks NOT happy with the wb' try the c/g thing here...

is just SENDING them OUT 1 door and back IN to the wb' via another door.

only some1 who has TRIED using the new feature understands that.

cheers
2air'

Old 02-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #636
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:

I think it would be more productive to announce a new club or group and what it's purpose is than continue this thread in the way it has been going.
2air, you're doing the same back and forth that you criticized earlier.

Did you want to announce a new club and can't on the Clubs & Groups Directory? If so, do it now. Out of my bag of clichés—there are many paths to [club] nirvana.

Gene
Old 02-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #637
Certifiable

. , .
Talking Pass it over here now

Quote:

The age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!

groovy dude
2air'
Robert Nesta Marley would have been 65 years old today.
Sadly, he died about 30 years ago of cancer.
But before he left us, he gave the world a catalogue of brilliant and evocative music.

CRISIS

So much has been said, so little been done
They killin' our people - to have their fun
They killin' our people - to have their fun
They just want to be the leader
In the 'ouse of the risin' sun.

But no matter what the crisis is;
No matter what the crisis is:
We're gonna, give Jah all the thanks and praises!
(Give Jah all the thanks and praises.)
Give Jah all the thanks and praises!
(Give Jah all the thanks and praises.)

They say the sun, shines for all
But in some people world, it never shine at all.

Stand up! Stand up I say!

Old 02-06-2010, 02:35 AM   #638
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
You know this thread had lost my interest. And then 2Air reared his head and babbled some. Resident Philosopher.... is that what he is? Now that must do the old ego some good... But then Mistral Blue, with out pointing any fingers or shouting plays a song by Brother Bob and I feel good again. Thank you Blue.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #639
Liquid Cooled

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
near Indy , Indiana
Quote:
simply that RECOMMENDING folks TRY something that isn't YET a viable alternative isn't wise.
Scene: Og's cave, outer Neandertholia, near present day Strasbourg, France.
"Thag say wheel stupid, spear stupid, cave paintings fade. Not viable. Thag wait for better technology. "

Scene: Outside Iowa City, Iowa, circa 1920
"No, Maude, I ain't buyin' one of those dad'blamed Ford flivvers. They simply aren't viable yet. I'm holding out for a 2011 BMW M5 that runs on sliced dolphins and myrrh."

Scene: Steve Jobs' garage, circa 1976
"Woz, we'll never sell these things to the home user. They simply aren't viable. We should wait until Windows Vista comes out.*"

The point being that not all early adopters are wrong, and without them the rest of us never move along.

* viable or not, programming a trash eighty with audio cassettes was a useful learning experience. And don't let's talk about the Amiga (sniff)
Old 02-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #640
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Well you can't fault the bunny cuz he earned a reputation, or maybe you can? Personally I like his posts, perhaps we wore paisley at the same time in yonderyear... Now Leo and Rob have had a good disscussion going on as well...thinking more the 70s show here...burn!

So anyone else have the munchies long about now?

I wonder what the WB programming will be next in this thread. Has anyone done the ratings lately? Doritos!! That's it. Hey who ate my ice cream?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wisdom.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	95612  

photography
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com