Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #161
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
One benefit.. peace of mind.. never made a claim

Here is what the corporate office gives you if you request or need coverage... I've used it alot!

For what it's worth, now I'll just get event insurance... it'll cost.. but.. that's the price of freedom! At least I'll know how my $$$ will be being used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WBCCI Insurance.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	92793  
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

Old 12-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #162
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
That certificate of liability insurance tells me very little. It covers officers, directors, employees and "agents". How these terms are defined is unstated. The certificate refers to the policy as the last word. Who is an "agent". It may or may not cover an event put on by a unit or region. There may be significant deductibles. There may be significant exclusions.

Gene
Old 12-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #163
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Here is the discussion Gene

Gene,

Here is the email correspondence between me and Cindy (and she's always been very helpful - the ladies at Corporate always are!!)... and they communicate and collaborate well... never had an issue with them for what they do...
----------
Hello Rob,
All unit rallies are automatically covered so an insurance certificate is not required unless you require one. I have attached the blanket certificate. Just let me know if you would still like a personalized certificate.
Cindy

---------------

As you can see, if you want a certificate in your name they will do that for you.. I agree - not much detail there, but I never questioned it.. perhaps I should have putting my neck out at my farm like I had done....

Rob

https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

Old 12-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #164
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
certificate of liability insurance

A "certificate of liability insurance" is just that and nothing else. It is a means of satisfying requirements of the property owner on who's property the event is being held that there is SOME COVERAGE between him and the public provided by the origination holding the event.

It does not cover the participants for their actions or their injuries. It protects the origination from YOUR claim against the origination and the property owner.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #165
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Thanks Rob. As Howie puts it there is "some coverage", but the exact extent is unclear. Who is covered in what instance is unknown. For the property owner (campground, for example), it gives them some assurance that there some insurance out there. That's a lot of "somes". As insurance companies reduce coverage through exclusions, higher deductibles, rescissions, and the like, I expect property owners will be asking for more than a certificate since it tells very little.

Gene
Old 12-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #166
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Owings Mills , MD
Insurance: something you pay for twice; first through the premiums and then by founding out how little it actually covers.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #167
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Try to burn a Koran in jest...now that deletion is scary...probably soon to be NOT on the forums...mike
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
Old 12-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #168
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
WBCCI 2009 Directory

I am always curious when people make comments about the Club. Do they belong? Are they just non-Airstream bystanders? Are they Airstream owners?

Gene Crawford isn't currently listed in the Directory.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #169
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
I am always curious when people make comments about the Club. Do they belong? Are they just non-Airstream bystanders? Are they Airstream owners?

These are public forums, Gene has every right to comment and whats more, his comments consistently add to the quality of the discussions.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Old 12-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #170
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
If it's important you could send him a message. Otherwise you don't need to be a member of the Club (WBCCI?) to make a comment.

If you want a closed forum, visit the WBCCI members only pages.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #171
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
IMHO,
if forum members make comments (especially critical) about the WBCCI , you would think or assume that they are current or former members?

Otherwise the comments made do not have that much validity.

Right??
Corresponding Secretary Piedmont NC Unit 161,
1967 Overlander International.
1979 Avion 30ft rear bath
TV's 88 Chevy Suburban 454, 3:42, TH400
95 Cadillac FW Brougham, LT1,3:42, 7k tow pk.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #172
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:

He doesn't have to be listed in the "Directory". He is a member of this Forum, a group of Airstream owners, and as such may comment to his hearts content.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #173
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwanabe View Post
Right??
Makes total sense to me.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #174
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
That makes sense like saying only Democrats should comment on Health Care Reform, or only Republicans should comment on bailing out the banks.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #175
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwanabe View Post
IMHO,
if forum members make comments (especially critical) about the WBCCI , you would think or assume that they are current or former members?

Otherwise the comments made do not have that much validity.

Right??

I disagree.
There are many, like me, who were seriously considering joining the club, but after reading more about the politics of the IBT have changed their minds. By non-members voicing our opinions, we highlighting the number of potential members who are turning away due to the inner workings of the WBCCI.

Don't get me wrong, I do not wish for the demise of the WBCCI. I hope that the club survives and more importantly I hope it evolves into an organization I would take pride in joining.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #176
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
I think the point of Pee Wee's original question is how can someone comment on something or an experience they have not had. The comments can only ring hollow.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #177
4 Rivet Member

Simple.... they are highlighting the fact that unless the club changes they will most likely not join. And if the club is unsuccessful in attracting new members, it will not prevail in the long run. That's all.....
Old 12-21-2009, 04:41 PM   #178
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Quote:

Really? This thread has deteriorated to the point where you have to be a member of WBCCI to comment on insurance? Seriously? Talk about lots of procedure and rules!

Since I'm not currently listed in the Directory (joined very recently), but I own an Argosy (not quite an Airstream?), I'm not sure I can post on this privately-owned forum that has no ties to Airstream or WBCCI. But I'll take the chance anyway...

Tom
Old 12-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #179
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
If we had to be a member of something or had to be there to know about it, no one could express any opinion about anything that happened during the American Revolution or the Civil War, for example. You could have no opinion about a car you hadn't owned and couldn't consult Consumer Reports about what to buy. But we can read about these things, weigh the opinions of others and come to our own opinions. It is possible to draw on life's many experiences to see parallels between failing organizations and the ways they fail.

In Post 103, Pee Wee, you wrote "I never mention names, only situations." It appears that has changed.

And technically you didn't mention my whole name, but where I live.

Gene
Old 12-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #180
2 Rivet Member

1989 32' Excella
Lawrenceville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray View Post
These are public forums, Gene has every right to comment and whats more, his comments consistently add to the quality of the discussions.
Did someone post that Gene did not have the right to comment.? No. PeeWee just posted that he was curious about people who post here and that Gene was not in the directory. Nothing more.
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com