Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #673
Rivet Master
 
SilverCabin's Avatar

 
2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Yep, it sure is because we all know that will make it all go away and everything will be good again. Perhaps this thread should be sent to committee.
No Frank, that won't make it go away. The useful, productive discussion seems to be done here, though. I've collected some good take aways from the thread that I will use given the opportunity. Seems like we're all looking for a distraction now and have left to watch the tube.

Randy
__________________

__________________
Randy and Pat Godfrey
Region 3 2nd VP, Newsletter Editor, Florida Unit
WBCCI# 7591 - AIR# 17017
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #674
Rivet Master
 
VIKING's Avatar
 
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Boulder Creek , California
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,177
I'm glad we finally got some good videos out of this.
Seriously, it would be best to start another new thread and move this discussion along, if it's destined to continue. Just seeing the title come up again with wbcci in it makes me want to barf. As I said many posts ago, lets hear the good stuff about the new club with a new direction. Not more old, backwards-looking stuff.
Please!
Rich the Viking
__________________

__________________
VIKING is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #675
Rivet Master
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,101
Withhold the $55/$65(for the waverers), put it in an escrow fund which stipulates fiscal responsibility by the IBT before release, and PLEASE(oh, please) drop the you tube cra*.
cute, but the fork is melted...m
__________________
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
CHARTER MEMBERS: FOUR CORNERS UNIT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #676
Rivet Master
 
robandzoe's Avatar
 
1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,775
Images: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Not even close to being done with my good byes...

Wait a few days please, I'm not done saying good bye just yet... this gets better - way better!
__________________
Rob, Zoe', Stanton, Bryce, Braedon and Finn Baker
Do you Listen to the www.theVAP.com
Plymouth, NY 13832
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 11:55 PM   #677
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Wbcci

Well, it seems that the lack of concern of it's members by IBT, has now drifted down to some individual units, as well.

I called and left a message "TWICE" for a group officer, to call me, so that I could donate some door prizes for a regional rally.

Still waiting for the call, but I don't really believe that it will happen, since that rally, is now over.

Maybe it's because I donated to the local group, my refund check from WBCCI headquarters, that was for my resignation.

No questions of any kind, as to why I decided to resign, from headquarters or the local unit.

That was interesting as well.

I did say previously, that I would continue to be supportive to the local unit, but after this, I have to ask myself, "WHY".

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #678
Rivet Master
 
HowieE's Avatar
 
1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,811
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
I did say previously, that I would continue to be supportive to the local unit, but after this, I have to ask myself, "WHY".
Andy
Andy

We are not always on the same page. But this time we are. On behalf of those that did receive one of your door price donations to the "Can Opener Air Forums Rally" I would like to thank you for helping to make that a Rally a great success. Maybe if you had offered "L. Walk" 8 track tapes or LPs to the unit your offer would have been accepted.
__________________
WBCCI 12156 AIR 3144 WACHUNG TAC NJ6
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #679
jm2
Rivet Master
 
jm2's Avatar
 
2002 25' Safari
1977 20' Argosy 20
northern valley , new jersey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Wait a few days please, I'm not done saying good bye just yet... this gets better - way better!

before today, I wasn't sure how this could get "better", Rob, but

I suspect that poor Wally must be rolling over in his grave by now!


ahh yes, stay tuned folks.... film at 11!
__________________
Joseph & Gabrielle

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci.

WBCCI 2087 - AIR 3144 - TAC-NJ2

http://defendwally.org/
jm2 is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #680
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Andy

We are not always on the same page. But this time we are. On behalf of those that did receive one of your door price donations to the "Can Opener Air Forums Rally" I would like to thank you for helping to make that a Rally a great success. Maybe if you had offered "L. Walk" 8 track tapes or LPs to the unit your offer would have been accepted.
Glad you received one of the prizes.

It's ok, and I understand it, for those deeper into the WBCCI than I ever was.

We receive thanks, averaging about 15 percent of the total prizes we supply.

Typically we send 7 prizes and receive one acknowledgment, even when American flags that flew on the Arizona memorial on December 7th of whatever year, or one of the Arizona medallions, both of which are collectors items, and come with certificates of authenticity.

Not very encouraging, but I guess better than none at all.

I will however, at least be supportive of the units, that do say "thanks" in one way or another.

On the other hand, it makes my heart smile, that I am a routine contributor the the Arizona Memorial, 3 times a year, with my purchases of items from their gift shop.

The construction of the new Arizona Memorial parkland and gift shop, is well under way, "AND" they have all the money on hand to pay for the entire project, and that not one cent of it came from the Federal government.

The oil surfacing at this point is huge. I will post a couple of photo's of it, when I return home.

Again, your welcome for the prize.

Regards.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #681
3 Rivet Member
 
mistermike's Avatar
 
1968 17' Caravel
Marblehead , Hasslechusetts
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 146
This thread is unbelievable. It has no end which may be a good thing in this circumstance. Lots of stories and anecdotal experiences dealing with "The Club".

I believe the word that comes to mind is "clueless".

Maybe if the "Central Committee" members of the IBT are reading these postings they may finally get an inkling - a clue. Then again, from what I have been reading about their antics, maybe not.

On va voir!

MisterMike
__________________
mistermike is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #682
VAC President
 
Buttercup's Avatar
 
1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,149
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Actually - hang on to your collective berets - there is more news coming on the front! I'll just start a new thread at the appropriate time....
__________________
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #683
4 Rivet Member
 
Chief's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 477
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Well, it seems that the lack of concern of it's members by IBT, has now drifted down to some individual units, as well.

I called and left a message "TWICE" for a group officer, to call me, so that I could donate some door prizes for a regional rally.

Still waiting for the call, but I don't really believe that it will happen, since that rally, is now over.

Maybe it's because I donated to the local group, my refund check from WBCCI headquarters, that was for my resignation.

No questions of any kind, as to why I decided to resign, from headquarters or the local unit.

That was interesting as well.

I did say previously, that I would continue to be supportive to the local unit, but after this, I have to ask myself, "WHY".

Andy

Andy,

I actually received a form letter from JC today, asking why I didn't renew and touting the advantages of membership. Rather than waste time writing a thesis, I just inked a short paragraph in the comments section that basically stated "The IBT is mismangaging the WBCCI into oblivion, and that I would return when a new club arises from the ashes."

BTW, to reiterate publicly my PM to you.....we really did appreciate the nice prizes you donated to the Canopener Rally. I have a flag that was flown over the Arizona, on my retirement date when I retired in Hawaii.....would have liked to have gotten the medallion. If you go out to the PACAF Hqs building at Hickam AFB, you will still see the bullet holes in the sides of the building......"lest we forget."

Ron
__________________
Dream like you're going to live forever, live like you're going to die tomorrow, and dance like nobody is watching!

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #684
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Andy,

I actually received a form letter from JC today, asking why I didn't renew and touting the advantages of membership. Rather than waste time writing a thesis, I just inked a short paragraph in the comments section that basically stated "The IBT is mismangaging the WBCCI into oblivion, and that I would return when a new club arises from the ashes."

BTW, to reiterate publicly my PM to you.....we really did appreciate the nice prizes you donated to the Canopener Rally. I have a flag that was flown over the Arizona, on my retirement date when I retired in Hawaii.....would have liked to have gotten the medallion. If you go out to the PACAF Hqs building at Hickam AFB, you will still see the bullet holes in the sides of the building......"lest we forget."

Ron
Hi Ron.

For those that are interested in contributing to a "Never to be forgotten Memorial", by visiting their web site, and finding many things that are considered "collector items".

Browsing COINS & MEDALLIONS

During my visit there on February 7th, 2010, I noticed that they had several USA flags, in various sizes, that flew over the Memorial on December 7th, 2009 in stock.

Many Medallions are also available.

I purchased several of those flags and a bunch of Medallions, for door prizes at a variety of Airstream functions.

But, please be supportive, with your purchases, however small, to keep that Memorial, "forever alive" so that we and our new generations understand the statement, Lest We Never Forget.

Andy 9.1
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #685
jm2
Rivet Master
 
jm2's Avatar
 
2002 25' Safari
1977 20' Argosy 20
northern valley , new jersey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 530
getting out of hand!

one cannot help but notice that the "Wally Byam Birthday Bash" thread on this forum appears to be "gone"!!!

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...ash-57200.html

what the hell is going on, here? I was making a joke about "film at 11" earlier today, but I guess that might have inadvertently been clairvoyant???

this is all supposed to be about camping, adventure, camaraderie, and having a nice time, together....
__________________
Joseph & Gabrielle

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci.

WBCCI 2087 - AIR 3144 - TAC-NJ2

http://defendwally.org/
jm2 is offline  
Old 02-10-2010, 04:29 AM   #686
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
 
Frank's Trailer Works's Avatar
 
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,547
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2 View Post
one cannot help but notice that the "Wally Byam Birthday Bash" thread on this forum appears to be "gone"!!!

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...ash-57200.html

what the hell is going on, here? I was making a joke about "film at 11" earlier today, but I guess that might have inadvertently been clairvoyant???

this is all supposed to be about camping, adventure, camaraderie, and having a nice time, together....
I had my thread pulled. As the original poster I was who had it done. A great deal has transpired in the past couple of days that has resulted in the need to remove the thread. The WBBB is no longer being held. Yes, that is right... Instead we are hosting The Airstream Founders Birthday Bash. A new thread will be started and everything will the be same. You may want to be careful about using Mr, Byams name. It appears some organization believes they own it....
__________________

Frank's Trailer Works is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Satellite TV/Good bye sour grapes Lumatic Computers, Internet & Satellite 33 04-16-2009 01:27 PM
with a screach and burning rubber, it's bye bye belt !!! kepko Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning 4 09-06-2008 03:34 PM
Good-Bye To My Best Friend Chaplain Kent The Pet Forum 39 12-28-2005 06:14 PM
Good bye and thanks Ronnie..... Silvertwinkie Off Topic Forum 8 06-06-2004 06:46 PM
Bye bye Miss American Pie Rog0525 Our Community 4 04-13-2003 11:18 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.