Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #351
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
If there were 6,600 members in 2009 at $55 each, that's membership income of $363,000. If 2010 results in 6,000 members (10% loss), that's membership income of $450,000, an increase of $87,000, an amount not to be realized until 2011.

Gene
Gene,

Last I counted, for 2010, $55 X 6000 = $340,000, a net loss of $23,000.

http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

Old 12-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #352
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
I was surprised that age, health, and death of spouse were not larger numbers.
I would assume there are quite a few "age health and death of spouse" in the 900 that did not respond. They are hard points of reality for some to deal with.

If the units reported a member as none renewing would headquarters accept that and not include them in the mailing or does Headquarters still include them in the mailing. If they play games with the financial books who is to say they are not playing games here also

Old 12-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #353
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
A couple years ago I forgot to renew. Never heard anything from either HQ or my unit.
I was only notified when they went to process my early registration for the International which i had paid at the previous international. It was about this time of year or later when I was contacted.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 12-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #354
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
An unthought out idea

For the working from the outside for change group.

Develop a online petition page where formal members can list their former #, reason for leaving, and whether they would be willing to return if changes were made. Other options could certainly be added but you get the idea.

IF large numbers are leaving out of unhappiness related to management (and so far as I know there is no real data supporting this argument) AND are voicing a desire to return under changed circumstances such a listing would allow for: 1) establishing the extent of the unhappiness numerically, and 2) the calculation of a low ball number of how much the non-renewals are costing the club. It would only provide a low ball number due to self-reporting issues.

It seems to me that one thing that is needed at this point is good data as opposed to guesses. This approach, while imperfect, would be a step in that direction.

On edit: For extra leverage, start an account temporally holding the dues that would have been paid in. Think of it as a pseudo-escrow account. When former members register on the petition they could have the option of paying into this account. If a year goes by without changes, the money could be returned to the former member.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Old 12-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #355
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
A lot of Energy

I'm amazed that people that have bailed on the WBCCI STILL spend soooooo much of their time on the WBCCI....................
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 12-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #356
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
I think its a good thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
I'm amazed that people that have bailed on the WBCCI STILL spend soooooo much of their time on the WBCCI....................
Assuming that one is wanting to see an eventual recovery of the club, a high level of interest in the club by former members is a good thing. It suggests to me that they may be willing to return at some future date if circumstances change.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Old 12-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #357
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Gene,

Last I counted, for 2010, $55 X 6000 = $340,000, a net loss of $23,000.
Sorry if I wasn't clear—I was using $75 dues for 2010 but really meant 2011. Obviously for 2010, your numbers are correct.

Gene
Old 12-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #358
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Strategy is everything - tons of energy too!

Quote:
people that have bailed on the WBCCI
keep thinking that Ed... the "anti member until change" campaign has only begun! It's the club's leadership, or lack thereof, that has bailed on its members....
Courtesy parking

Old 12-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #359
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Naw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray View Post
Assuming that one is wanting to see an eventual recovery of the club, a high level of interest in the club by former members is a good thing. It suggests to me that they may be willing to return at some future date if circumstances change.

I don't see it that way at all. I see it as a way to slam the WBCCI from the outside. The only interest I see is a continued need to keep slamming without being willing to put forth the energy to make changes from the inside.

Bailed, that’s what I see and a need to be seen doing it. I have more respect for those that go their own way without all the advertisement. Just my 2 cents, most likely not worth the 2 cents to most.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 12-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #360
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear—I was using $75 dues for 2010 but really meant 2011. Obviously for 2010, your numbers are correct.

Gene
for 2011, and $75, use a realistic number of 5000 then..... raising it only to $375k.....
Courtesy parking

Old 12-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #361
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
I don't see it at all. The only interest I see is a continued need to keep slamming without being willing to put forth the energy to make changes from the inside.

Bailed, that’s what I see and a need to be seen doing it. I have more respect for those that go their own way without all the advertisement. Just my 2 cents, most likely not worth the 2 cents to most.
So Ed, You don't see it. That is fine. How have you brought about change from within the club? My observations of you is status quo.
My 2 cents are worth something. Because they are in my pocket and not paying for a business meeting for people who could care less about me or what I want to get out of a club. In a few weeks when the real numbers come out and slap your past president privilege into reality you just might be talking a different story. Just hold your breath a little longer for the Mid Winter IBT's are right around the corner. Reality is coming and it won't be very pretty. For the next three days I am a member. My number currently is #7183. As of the first of Jan my member number is I262T123. Up until the first I can say anything I want about the WBCCI. After that date I will say nothing. In the end I think you still will not get it. Just my other 2 cents.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #362
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Bailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
So Ed, You don't see it. That is fine. How have you brought about change from within the club? My observations of you is status quo.
My 2 cents are worth something. Because they are in my pocket and not paying for a business meeting for people who could care less about me or what I want to get out of a club. In a few weeks when the real numbers come out and slap your past president privilege into reality you just might be talking a different story. Just hold your breath a little longer for the Mid Winter IBT's are right around the corner. Reality is coming and it won't be very pretty. For the next three days I am a member. My number currently is #7183. As of the first of Jan my member number is I262T123. Up until the first I can say anything I want about the WBCCI. After that date I will say nothing. In the end I think you still will not get it. Just my other 2 cents.

Again ADVERTISEMENT!
I agree it won't be pretty. But status quo? I don’t think so. I’m hosting a rally, building a caravan, challenging my Region officers, and it goes on and on, I’m on the inside working for a better WBCCI, I’m not bailing and advertising it. BUT I have been through a hell of a lot more than grass vs. pavement or Happy Hour treats. Now that's deep......

Cool number, not sure what it is all about, I'm going with tradition.

Oh ya thanks for reminding me that I'm a past President, sort of forgot about that.

Can't wait for 1-1-10 then all the ADVERTISEMENT will end. (God I hope it will end but betting it will go on and on and on and on………………………)
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 12-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #363
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Sorry Ed

Have to say Ed, I've just gotten started.... this whole WBCCI IBT problem and how to change it - that it cannot be changed from the inside and all you guys with experience know it (bang head on wall).. so, I'll be here ADVERTISING that I bailed way after 1 Jan.... and accoring to you, wasting my time, reading your replies while you are obviously wasting your time reading..... funny isn't it.. my cause is more than about Bailing... it's about telling the IBT who only takes advantage of its members that they aren't doing that with me anymore.

Come Winter IBT, when they up the dues to $75, and project the clubs losses... I can't wait to hear about your changes that they won't vote on or listen to anyway.

With your Resume in an above post - are you running for one of those paying IBT positions? No wonder you're staying on!

and yes, a Past President too - whatever that gets ya!

Rob
Courtesy parking

Old 12-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #364
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Focus

Rob,

Nope, not going to add anymore to your cause.....................

59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com