Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #15
The Hawk's Lair
1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Wow, still at I see. It's been almost two years since we dropped out of the WBCCI, and I surely don't miss all of this.

Go in peace Rob and Zoe. There is life without the WBCCI!!!!

There is no "I" in the word "team," but there are four in "Platitude Quoting Idiot!"

Old 12-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
Dang, Makes me want to go right out and join a club..any club. NOT!

Living life on the Road
Old 12-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #17
Rivet Master
1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Whow CUZ
That's a shocker! I never expected to see you or Frank make such a drastic move. As passinate about Airstreams and the CLUB (i cant even say the letters anymore) as you both have been. It's a shame this has to happen,I don't think you will be alone. We will be more than glad to camp with you and your family or Frank,anytime anywhere, RED NUMBERS do not say who you are as a person.
I also feel bad for WDCU, they lose a valuable asset.
Hope to (as you say) "SEE YA DOWN THE ROAD"
ur cuz
Roger & MaryLou
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Why don't you guys get some boxing gloves and set up a boxing match. We used to do that in the old days when we had conflicts in PE. (Early 70's).

Have a big rally so we all can come and watch the slug match. Now that would be fun.

Just trying to add a little humor

Brian & Adrienne
Old 12-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #19
Site Team
, Minnesota
Like to see that. Would probably get as much PPV as the Manny v. Mayweather match.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #20
Rivet Master
1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
It's a shame the WBCCI is in a self destruct mode and doesn't have a clue

As they begin loosing "valuable" members that are trying to give them a clue the silent majority just may wake up.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:46 AM   #21
Full Timers/Diesel power.
1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
Someone please shoot me for even reading this thread.
"A settled wisdom, plus the itch to be elsewhere"
Old 12-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #22
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Folks, I've said my bit. I offer the data as is, and allow the reader to draw their own conclusions-- either way. I am not going to get drawn into a full scale assault/flame war over a handful of folks who for whatever reason seem to think that taking to the public forums every time they feel wronged is the best place to air their dirty laundry. I respect Rob's decision(s) as regrettable as it/they are....and I mean that sincerely.

Should you want to discuss this or anything else for that matter in any greater detail, I'm happy to continue the conversation via PM, but I feel my participation in this thread has run it's natural course.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 12-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member
1967 20' Globetrotter
Campbell , California
Just the other day I was contemplating joining the WBCCI. I've been an Airstreamer for 5 years now (although an enthusiast my entire life) and thought that it might be time for membership. However, after hearing that Rob and Frank are resigning from the club it has made my decision an easy one. These are two of Airstream's most passionate enthusiasts. This seems to be a time when the WBCCI needs youthful infusion, and to hear this news of their departure saddens me to no end. I recently watched a documentary about the club from back in the early 90s (Silver Palace: An American Travel Adventure) and all I can say is that they were definitely stuck in the last millennium. It looks like the current leadership is wallowing in that same archaic quagmire.

Rob & Frank, you guys are great, I really appreciate your enthusiasm and work on the VAP. I WILL CAMP WITH YOU ANYTIME!!!

WBCCI, I am sorry to hear that you are not joining the rest of us in the 21st century and I will not be joining your ranks.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #24
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Take care everyone,

Rob, Zoe', Stanton, Bryce, Braedon and Finn - the Bakers - as a huge stress lifts!
Wow, powerful letter! Left the WBCCI after one year of seeing what was going on. I have enjoyed many forums rallies.

If you ever make it out west. Drop me a line. I have 30+10A at the curb.
Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

Old 12-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #25
Rivet Master
1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe

That was one of my favorite PE classes at the Academy..Plebe boxing... right before noon chow so that when questioned, after being hit in the head, you had no answer....

Well, at the WBBB, and somehow it will still take place, just not as a WBCCI get together, we are already planning on having those blow up sumo wrestling suits.. I'll start mowing the area in the spring for the ring.
Rob, Zoe', Stanton, Bryce, Braedon and Finn Baker
Do you Listen to the
Plymouth, NY 13832
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders -

Old 12-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member
2008 28' Safari SE
winter garden , Florida
too bad i threw out my application or I would throw it out again.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #27
Rivet Master
1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
I am not going to get drawn into a handful of folks who think the public forums is the best place to air their dirty laundry.

The problem for you is... we are airing YOUR dirty laundry. And the public forums is the perfect place to do it.
Steve & the crew
'70 Ambassador International Twin
'63 19' Globetrotter TAC WI-1
Old 12-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Looks like i should have gotten up a bit earlier today and caught up on my reading. I posted this comment to Paul's Closed Door tread but think it should be read hear also.

Originally Posted by rideair

I suggested "MANY" times that we should get a bunch of units to go together and create a new club. But I know you will never get units to vote for leaving the WBCCI (Can you see Star starting that move? I think not).

I'm sure this will be the topic of much conversation at Myrtle Beach, SC over the Christmas break.

And it looks like they are already leaving and the due increase has not even been voted on.

If you recall I mentioned to your several years ago that someone should be opening conversations with Thor towards the formation of a new club with Company sponsorship and that I thought that club would be formed out of this Forum. This is where the center of Airstream ownership is currently represented.

Yes you will not get units as a whole to vote to withhold dues or to vote to leave the comfort of an established origination. However if there was a clear evidence of a new club individual members would likely opt to join and over time that indirect voting would determine the outcome.

I, and many of you, currently support the Forum to the tone of $20.00 per year. For that money I get much better communication with the Airstreams than I get through the Blue Beret. The Forum rallies I have attended are considerably better than those of the WBCCI, exception of the CBR, which is WBCCI in name only.

Just as WBCCI units now accept associate members I can see individual unit members desiring to join a new club, or have we not already done that here in the Forum. It is the formalization of that New Club that needs to be defined. The nucleus of leadership is already in place within the WDCU and has already began to hold rallies, ie Rob, Frank, and Paul. Now you guys just have to define a Constitution, you know that document you want to change anyway.

I don't think it would be long before you saw migration from Metro NY either.

2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

Closed Thread

greg gibson,