Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
I have a question??? WHY DO THEY HAVE RULES ABOUT THIS???????
Do they have rules about how to shi* and how much tp I can use... Come on>> old timers sitting around with nothing to do... When I make it to a rally I might just fly a few flags in their direction..... Man I'm gonna get myself in trouble I'm shutting up now
"Good judgment comes from experience,and a lot of that comes from bad judgment"
BUT You could be a nice guy and get on ebay, under Airstream and buy them all the T shirt that has "OLD MEN RULE".
BUT "If it doesn't seem to be worth the effort it probably isn't".
Old 10-19-2008, 05:32 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Jim
That was my question HOW DID THE MILITARY get into the picture. I thought it Was Wally BYRAN Caravan Club. Its not about campin,its about money and how much the higher ups can pull the wool over members eyes and have someone else pay thier campin and rally fees.
Its my opinion This is the USA last I looked and I am entitled to my opinion and the right to voice that opinion. Wake UP AMERICA!
FLY OUR FLAG And BE PROUD
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
I don't know for sure, but if you go buy the WBCCI flag "rules", only the current and past officers of the club and units, and members of the internal clubs, are allowed to fly the third flag.

Seems to me they want to be recognized with their third flag.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I don't know for sure, but if you go buy the WBCCI flag "rules", only the current and past officers of the club and units, and members of the internal clubs, are allowed to fly the third flag.

Steve,

We flew four flags at both the Salem International in 2006 and the Bozeman International in 2008 without complaints. USA, California, Oregon and VAC.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Jim
This is the USA last I looked and I am entitled to my opinion and the right to voice that opinion. Wake UP AMERICA!
Actually, this is the internet.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:

I have a third flag I could fly there way... Shut up Jason your getting in trouble again....

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Jim
That was my question HOW DID THE MILITARY get into the picture. I thought it Was Wally BYRAN Caravan Club. Its not about campin,its about money and how much the higher ups can pull the wool over members eyes and have someone else pay thier campin and rally fees.
Its my opinion This is the USA last I looked and I am entitled to my opinion and the right to voice that opinion. Wake UP AMERICA!
I agree the American Flag is the flag which gives you the right to fly all your other flags the way you would like.

Flying our national flag is addressed by Flag Etiquette see link below.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - Flag Etiquette

All of the larger American Flags I have purchased included a copy of the Flag Etiquette in the box.

The Boy Scouts have a ceremony in which the dispose of the American Flag by cutting into strips and burning. The ceremony and language is very respectful inviting veterans forward to participate. The only problem is that many flags are made from synthetic material and the burning gives off toxic fumes. I never had the heart to bring the problem up but I always managed to stand upwind from the fire.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
They still do the pledge of allegiance at my daughters school and my sons preschool.... You don't see that much anymore... I think kids need to respect the flag for what is stands for....

To much "well if it offends you we won't do it" crap going on these days... If you don't want to participate then don't, but stop complaining all the time... Why should the minority dictate what the majority does...

"o" man I'm getting started, Better go to bed

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 10-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
They still do the pledge of allegiance at my daughters school and my sons preschool.... You don't see that much anymore... I think kids need to respect the flag for what is stands for....

To much "well if it offends you we won't do it" crap going on these days... If you don't want to participate then don't, but stop complaining all the time... Why should the minority dictate what the majority does...

"o" man I'm getting started, Better go to bed
Purman, that may be in the public system. My son is enrolled in Jesuit High School in New Orleans. The school is 162 years old. It goes without saying they pray before every class. Jesuit High School in New Orleans had students drilled by the Marines before ROTC. Jesuit was the first school in the nation to institute the Marine Junior ROTC program, I believe sometime in the sixties. Of course my son is a MJROTC cadet. The motto "a man for others" is practiced by each and every student by giving back to others, the students are taught it is a way of life. Many good schools exist you have to find them.

The old joke about Jesuit was you drop off your kid and come back in 4 years and pickup your young man.

Jesuit High School - New Orleans, LA
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #50
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I am a WBCCI member. I fly five flags. My center flag is always the American Flag. To the right is my state flag of Maryland. To the left is my WDCU unit flag. The outside two flags are what ever I feel like flying. Sometimes I feel unusually patriotic and I fly all five with American flags. I was informed the "rules" have been changed. I was told one is allowed to fly as many as you want. If someone is offended, feel free to bring me before the grievance committee.

Mikethefixit.... How did the military come into play? Flags were invented and used to identify armies. They were used by armies through out history. Militaries are VERY into rules. They make rules about everything from how shiny your boots can be to what order one flies ones flags. The WBCCI has many former military persons in it. I am still hoping that you might come camp with us and form an opinion of the WBCCI by actually experiencing it first hand. My offer to pay your fees so you can do that still stands, it was no idle offer.

SteveH... I was originally trying to say, fly what you want. No one will care. Some will actually enjoy your flags. If you are looking for a good quality holder, I know where you can get a three, five, or seven pole holder.

I am surprised this has blown up like it has. I guess some out there are very passionate about simple things like flags.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:57 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I am a WBCCI member. I fly five flags. My center flag is always the American Flag. To the right is my state flag of Maryland. To the left is my WDCU unit flag. The outside two flags are what ever I feel like flying. Sometimes I feel unusually patriotic and I fly all five with American flags. I was informed the "rules" have been changed. I was told one is allowed to fly as many as you want. If someone is offended, feel free to bring me before the grievance committee.

Mikethefixit.... How did the military come into play? Flags were invented and used to identify armies. They were used by armies through out history. Militaries are VERY into rules. They make rules about everything from how shiny your boots can be to what order one flies ones flags. The WBCCI has many former military persons in it. I am still hoping that you might come camp with us and form an opinion of the WBCCI by actually experiencing it first hand. My offer to pay your fees so you can do that still stands, it was no idle offer.

SteveH... I was originally trying to say, fly what you want. No one will care. Some will actually enjoy your flags. If you are looking for a good quality holder, I know where you can get a three, five, or seven pole holder.

I am surprised this has blown up like it has. I guess some out there are very passionate about simple things like flags.
The issue wasn't flags it was rules, flags just happen to be the subject of the rules. It seems the rules aren't even followed by those who make and try to enforce the rules. So I guess the old saying rules are made to be broken is still true.

Some people need more rules than others to guide them in life.

Everyone seems to agree that our national flag deserves respect and should be flown and handled within the guideline of proper Flag Etiquette.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 10-20-2008, 07:47 AM   #52
Rivet Master

Common Sense , Texas
Again, I want to thank everyone for your input on this thread.

I have studied all of the flag rules, both WBCCI and the US Flag rules, which I knew pretty well already. I now know it is indeed against the WBCCI "rules" to fly the flag in question. However, it seems a lot of people are ignoring those club rules anyway without consiquence.

But, the main thing I have decided is, the Constitutional "Rules" that Old Glory stands for tell me that I can fly any flag I want to, as long as I don't disrespect Our Flag, or our country. And I believe the Constitutional "Rules" trump the WBCCI "Rules"....at least until whatever happens after November 4th this year. (boy that could start an argument!)

I plan to fly my US Navy "Served with pride" flag, and I feel when you get right down to it, that it trumps any club service flag there is. (Now that may be another arguement!)
Old 10-20-2008, 08:12 AM   #53
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Good for you Steve, You rebel I really don't think it would be a problem...

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #54
3 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
Lone Jack , Missouri
I'm with you.............

Quote:

I plan to fly my US Navy "Served with pride" flag, and I feel when you get right down to it, that it trumps any club service flag there is. (Now that may be another arguement!)
No argument from me! I'll tell you what might be fun, Steve. I'll park next to you and fly my old US Army flag and we can drink beer and tell Marine jokes and wait for someone to come along to tell us to take down our flags!
Pop.528

"You better learn it fast; you better learn it young"-John Fogerty
Larry in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #55
Rivet Master

Common Sense , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in MO View Post
No argument from me! I'll tell you what might be fun, Steve. I'll park next to you and fly my old US Army flag and we can drink beer and tell Marine jokes and wait for someone to come along to tell us to take down our flags!
YOU GOT A DEAL, Larry. We can even play a game of "who's the best drinker", a Soldier, or a Sailor!

Realistically, I'm probably too old for such games now, but there was a time.........
Old 10-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
62 Overlander
Thanks, offer noted . I like your idea of flyin all US Flags now thats an Idea I like. As for the military I know that flags identify countries, I did go to school ya know. But What I meant was "Whats the military doin in WBCCI" ? It has no place there. For those who served "I THANK YOU" But military proceedures have NO place in THE WALLY BYRAM CARAVAN CLUB or any club outside the military itsself Unless its VFW or something like that.

And Cameron If U park beside me at a Forums Rally I would expect U to fly your Candaian Flag and be proud of it and the country it represents as we are proud of the STARS and STRIPES.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #57
3 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
Lone Jack , Missouri
Another bright idea......

Quote:
YOU GOT A DEAL, Larry. We can even play a game of "who's the best drinker", a Soldier, or a Sailor!

Realistically, I'm probably too old for such games now, but there was a time.........

Good plan! Even if one comes in second place, it has still been a good afternoon.

You know how the Airstream people and/or the old car people put out pictures of what the ol' beater looked like until they fixed it up?
Well, we could put out pictures of ourselves before the years beat us up, too! I remember when I had a 46" chest and a 30" waist- I still have the same numbers but they have switched.

I gotta get back to the Fantastic Fan installation. Fortunatley, the previous owners of my treasure never took care of it so there is not a lot of sealant in and around the roof vents.

"If you're good enough to get in"; US Army 1966
Pop.528

"You better learn it fast; you better learn it young"-John Fogerty
Larry in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
As a son of a son of a sailor, a Navy Brat married to a Navy Brat, and a former Tincan Sailor I have to agree.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 10-21-2008, 01:33 PM   #59
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
The rules in the Blue Book still do not cover the flag issue completely since the prefered vendor makes a five pole unit in which the pole tops are in an arch.
But when we are feeling a little naughty we fly....

Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi View Post
The rules in the Blue Book still do not cover the flag issue completely since the prefered vendor makes a five pole unit in which the pole tops are in an arch.
But when we are feeling a little naughty we fly....

What do you fly when you are feeling really naughty?
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost