Old 10-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #15
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Originally Posted by dwightdi
WBCCI was started by friends of Wally, who once owned the Airstream Company. It was actually started after he had sold the company to Beatrice Foods and it is now owned by Thor.
My understanding is that the WBCCI or maybe it was called WBCC at first, was formed in 1955. Airstream was sold to Beatrice in the summer of 1969.

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:05 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
WBCCI Membership---I'm a new Member

After reading this thread I it was interesting to read the different opinions of people about the 'club.' Having purchased a 'new' (1975) AS, I couldn't wait to join the WBCCI because of the great caravan stories my grandparents used to tell us. The club is much more than meetings and is a way to meet some really great people that have one similar interest, Airstreams!!

As for my first impression, here's how mine went. I met with DW, the President of our chapter (Name kept anonymous out of respect ). He and his wife met me for dinner and I knew instantly that they were great people. When we went on our first unit rally, my wife and I looked at each other and stated that we had never met such a nice group of people. We can't wait until our next rally.

Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:27 AM   #17
Still Working
1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Another example of speculation

Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
However rallies are just a small part of WBCC. Before I would join I would like to know what the rest of the organization involves,meetings,planning ,etc. If it were just "ATTENDING" rallies and caravans there would be none. Someone obviously has to do a lot of work to make these things happen. In other words WBCC involves, as most members know, more than just events. While being invited to one is nice it's not a true picture of what membership involves. Personally I will not spend $70.00 for a membership until I find out if it's something I want to be a part of.

I am confused, at first you indicate that you would like to know about the organization and how it works. Then you go on to profess that it is all work and much effort as if you already know, do you know or dont know?

We just ordered our 3rd NEW Airstream in less than 2 years. When we open our packet there will be the usual invite to become part of the WBCC, along with a form to fill out and send along with $70.00 . Quit Frankly this insults me!! No matter how much fun it is to members, no matter what Airstream says, the purpose of WBCC from it's inception is to promote their products. ---------------------Pieman
How ludicrous!, Man do your homework prior to getting on the soapbox. Airstream has an 800 number, it is a free call. Why dont you call them and ask if they are associated with the WBCCI, Oh and it is WBCCI.

And check this out. Even though I believe you heard the statement a little out of context, (I think the person was merely being kind and stated that you could pay all fees at the rally only if you choose to do so, it was not a requirement). Man, lighten up and warm up a little.

As a sign of faith, I will personally pay the 70 dollars for your membership, payable to WBCCI and your local unit of choice. (I can see how the purchase of three Airstreams can make things a little tight), for you to actually get an oppurtunity to see what it is all about. And you know what else. You can do nothing but attend, no work required, just attend at your leisure. (It is all voluntary just in case you did not know).
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:33 AM   #18
Rivet Master
2005 28' Classic
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Non-members welcome

Our unit is putting on a "Vintage Rally" in February (see my posts under both WBCCI rallies and other rallies) at McKinney Falls State Park at the edge of Austin. Every Airstream owner is welcome whether a member or not. It is a short weekend rally so working folks can come. Saturday is the big day with a BBQ dinner, seminars, door prizes, and a video presentation on vintage trailers. The local dealer is supporting the rally and will have technical people on site.

The only difference between members and non-members at this rally is that we have reserved a number of sites in the state park for members and paid the first night fee which will be included in the member's rally fee. Non-members must make their own site reservations. Both members and non members will be charged a small rally fee to cover the BBQ dinner and the rent of the building in which we will meet.

We are even inviting vintage members to drive in on Saturday to show their trailers in the open house. If they only stay for the day, they only have to pay $3 per person to get in the park and pay a small rally fee to cover the dinner and help pay the building rent. In other words, a couple could come for the day and participate for something in the range of $20.

We had a vintage rally 2 years ago in January. The weather was horrid, but all sorts of Airstream folks came out of the woodwork and we had a great time.

John W. Irwin
2005 Classic 28 "Sabre-Dog III"
2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ
WBCCI #9632, TAC TX-10
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote