Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2016, 07:47 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
We have our Motorcade club numbers on our Foretravel. Yes, someone could get a directory and look us up, but it won't help them any. We're full-timers. When we first joined we had a S&B. That place sold last year. Our address is Sioux Falls, SD, but since the space is 9" x 12" x 3" (yes, inches) I doubt that anyone is going to steal much from there.
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:58 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I'm not concerned about the numbers marking the skin. I'm keeping my AS for 20 years, and by that time the marks will be a badge of honor.
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:40 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
20 years?
I hope to have mine 30, 40, 50, or more years.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:31 AM   #24
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOAZRK2690 View Post
Put you numbers on the Lexan and display them then you decide it is appropriate or trade your trailer without losing your brag plaque.
The Big Red Numbers™ are not a "brag plaque." A non-WBCCI brag plaque is a map of the US or North America with the states/provinces colored in that you've camped in. A WBCCI brag plaque is a collection of stickers in a window showing what caravans and international rallies you've attended. Some WBCCI members have both.

My brag plaque on my Interstate is the fake side window that is blocked from inside by the wet bath, and it only has two International rally stickers on it, Farmington and Lewisburg. And since I have little interest in caravans and probably won't attend the Internationals at Escanaba or Salem, mine won't get much more cluttered anytime soon.

I haven't met everyone in WBCCI. I haven't even met everyone in my WBCCI Unit, for that matter, because some don't participate in club events. But of the many WBCCI members I have met, only a small percentage are braggarts of any kind. I actually find more Airstreamers outside of WBCCI who brag about not belonging to an "elitist" organization— many of them former WBCCI members who left the club and then brag about leaving the club.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:27 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
20 years?
I hope to have mine 30, 40, 50, or more years.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Good point. I'm thinking that at 20 years I may be due for a new one...
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:32 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I was asked to put numbers on an AS I had while at a AS only campground. They said just take a piece cardboard and write them on there with a majic marker. Put the cardboard on the lp tanks. All were happy. Main reason was to locate the trailer in an emergency. If it only saves a few minutes in an emergency, that could be life saving.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:24 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Independence , Missouri
Red numbers are for emergency use at a rallie or international. Some people put them on a window, board, sign, or on the top center of the Airstream. They should go on front or back so that also for messages, people to find you, or in an emergency. If you look at it at a sea of airstreams it's hard to find out who's were. As in putting your numbers on your rig that is up to you. Me mines on top. She's an older trailer (1962) and if she didn't have the red numbers on top along time ago I wouldn't have some history of were she has been. I just learned that my trailer has been to Mexico many times in the 60's and to the Pan America Caravan, and even to Alaska. I'm proud to put my red numbers on mine so that I can make my own history in her as I want to. Also must people love to look up and see the numbers have the blue book with them and see for fun where the other trailers are at. Yes there are some people out there wanting to do harm because of you being gone, but it's your life and your Airstream you do as you want to and have fun camping in you trailer as you want to. You have the right to take and use your A/S as you like and have fun with it.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1467458588.517680.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	265720
Rachel
1962 Tradewind "Agnes"

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forum
Twinke58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:23 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
I seriously doubt that any criminals out in the wilderness looking at WBCCI numbers on trailers has a ready "network" of co-criminals already in position anywhere near an identifiable-WBCCI's home ready to break-in when the trailer is seen in Timbuktu. Doh.

However, any trailer (or TV) with a license plate can also be easily paired with a homeowner (....IF... it can be assumed that everyone on the road with a TT or License Plate has a home worthy of burglaring....and IF one recognizes that using an IPAD online and pairing a license plate with an owner is a LOT more likely than a criminal having a valid BlueBeret Directory.) GEEEEZE! What a ridiculous discussion..... (can't believe I participated.)

All you paranoids need to get real and find something more likely to worry about.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:24 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I just refinished my Airstream. Stripped clear coat and numbers. Re-coated the clear coat. Put new big red numbers on it.
No reason to stick the numbers on the trailer if you do not want to. I might not on a new trailer. The numbers ghost in and are extremely difficult to remove. There are many alternatives for displaying the numbers. But my Airstream has the numbers on it. Second owner, second set of numbers. And they are all permanently ghosted into the Aluminum.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:55 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by twestover View Post
While I agree that the WBCCI has a lot of work to do to be an organization that meets the needs of it's members, I'm not clear that it is as bad as all of that! And I also think each unit is very different. Our unit is irreverent, a ton of fun, there's not a blue beret in sight at our rallies (I made a rainbow one for my induction since I was expected to wear a beret), we women (gasp) wear sleeveless blouses, and most of us don't have numbers on our trailers. We're trying hard to work from the inside, up and out. My belief is that the WBCCI can be a CAMPING organization, not one with any religion associated with it or any rules in particular, no dress code, and no specific hierarchy other than one to get tasks done. Yes, we have officers because somebody has to be the one to complain to! Some of the best people I know belong to this Oregon unit but without exception, these people would love to see WBCCI International be a very different organization. We aren't all elitist and controlling - some of us are fighting against that very perception.
Hear, hear ...
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:35 PM   #31
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
I read an article in I think Breitbart News, or another new agency like it a while back, that WBCCI numbers came about from the NSA/FBI's use of Airstreams for intelligence gathering. The article didn't go into where specifically the CIA was gathering intel from, or from who, but suggested that it needed to infiltrate the radical left, hippy movement. I can only surmise that WBCCI was either formed in collusion with the NSA/FBI to collect these "undesirables" where they could be monitored covertly, or the WBCCI was infiltrated/hacked by the NSA/FBI.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:07 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Did you not put your numbers on?

Hippies didn't use Airstreams. Clapped-out school bus, VW camper van, or something built from scratch.

Nice conspiracy theory, but I'd like to respectfully call BS on that one....particularly given the possible source.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Consider the source.
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #34
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
When something sounds incredible, it's a good time to stop and think about what the word "incredible" actually means. :-)

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:15 AM   #35
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I like the CIA link to Airstreams. Don't tell anybody but the aluminum radiation shield prevents the NSA from monitoring you cell phones.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
For that, I use a tinfoil hat.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse View Post
I like the CIA link to Airstreams. Don't tell anybody but the aluminum radiation shield prevents the NSA from monitoring you cell phones.
But the Immigration service at the borders can see through both inner and out aluminum with their X-Ray scanners
JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #38
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Maybe that X-ray vision is why they did not ask to look inside our Airstream when we pulled through a border patrol stop, deep in the heart of Texas, when we were on our way to Carlsbad Caverns. We assumed they went easy on us because of our WA plates, etc., but who knows?.

"When people show you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
I read an article in I think Breitbart News, or another new agency like it a while back, that WBCCI numbers came about from the NSA/FBI's use of Airstreams for intelligence gathering. The article didn't go into where specifically the CIA was gathering intel from, or from who, but suggested that it needed to infiltrate the radical left, hippy movement. I can only surmise that WBCCI was either formed in collusion with the NSA/FBI to collect these "undesirables" where they could be monitored covertly, or the WBCCI was infiltrated/hacked by the NSA/FBI.

Cheers
Tony
LMAO ... somebody stood too close to the fire.
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:15 AM   #40
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2916s View Post
Consider the source.
Have you ever even been to Breitbart?
My guess is you haven't.
For if you had you would know such a ludicrous piece did Not come from there.
Ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote