Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Dealer support

Region 9 has an active program to support the Airstream dealers in our region and gain their cooperation in passing names of new buyers to the membership chairpersons. The program ican be found on my Region 9 website

Fourteen folks from our unit turned out last Saturday to support the open house at Camper Clinic in Buda. We took turns roaming the Airstream area to talk to prospective buyers. The dealer was pleased with our support and they sold 2 new Airstreams Saturday to folks we talked to.

The attached photo is some of our members with the dealer owner and service manager. They take the yellow vintage unit to shows and malls. It has no installed propane appliances which allows them to show it in places where it would not be allowed with propane on board.
Attached Images

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Hey, I'd be interested in this program. But I don't think my dealer has any idea who has AS's in his area. I would love to participate in this type of propaganda to get more AS's on the road. We only saw 13 AS's on the road or parked during our last trip of over 4500 miles. We are currently looking at upgrading our AS to a larger bed. But our dealer has no AS's in stock in our preferences. How can I get people interested if they don't have any inventory in stock????

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 02:11 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
BTW, our unit (Western Oregon Unit) is headquartered in Eugene, OR, where there is an authorized dealer, George M. Sutton RV (and I am lucky to be only 45 miles away from the dealer)! Looks like a good program to start in our area!!
Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:10 AM   #4
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
It works

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandvm
Looks like a good program to start in our area!!
Jim
We have had good feedback from the dealers in our area. When I picked up my trailer yesterday, two salesmen took the time to thank me for our being there. They both consistenly pass us the names of new buyers.

Our unit is up to 50 units. Having that number spreads the work and allows us to put on some great rallies.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:22 AM   #5

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Our WBCCI unit supports our local dealer (Bill Thomas Camper Sales) during the annual 4 day RV show that takes place here at the convention center each year. In most cases we are recruiting for the local unit and Bill gives us a table and space. But we can answer questions if asked. Bill has also hosted local rallys up at his dealership and next spring is hosting the Region 8 WBCCI rally. I think he has sold a few trailers because of us being present.

The dealer who I bought my old Hi-Lo trailer used to hire owners for the RV show. Escentially you would represent the trailer that you owned. So I was the Hi-Lo guy. It made a great impression when I could tell a prospective buyer that I owned one and yes that top that goes up and down is reliable.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote