Old 04-18-2005, 10:25 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Rob's got an idea. See his signature? What if every forum member identified if they had courtesy parking, right in their signature and profile? We could increase the number of courtesy parking spaces by hundreds ...

We could even get a bit clever about it and include a few clues as to the services available:

CP: Courtesy Parking
W: water hookup
E: electric hookup
30A: 30-amp connection
S: sewage hookup or dump available
WIFI: wireless Internet available in driveway
PM: send Private Message to inquire about availability
PH: call (phone) to inquire (see profile for phone#)
MAX: maximum length

Example:
-- Rich
PM me for CP in Ferrisburg, VT. W/E (30A)/WIFI, MAX 25

A bit like a singles ad in the newspaper, but pretty handy. I've had excellent luck asking Forum members for courtesy parking, and often there are nice little bonuses, like edible goodies or tourist info.

Old 04-19-2005, 06:26 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I live a block off old Route 66 in Chandler, Oklahoma. I have a big yard and would welcome anyone who would like to spend a night. Judy let me know. Can't accomodate many people, but one or two would work out.

Old 04-19-2005, 08:18 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Great night's sleep

Got all set up here at the site in Stow, MA. Nice site, with electric only. Could have water if I had a longer hose. I agree with Rich. Maybe we can build into the forums a CP search capability....this is a great resource that goes unused most of the time. I am the first one to use it here.

Rob
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:32 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Great night's sleep

Yes, I think that this is a great idea, and a service that goes unused too much. I love having other Airstreamers stop over. I've had two since I said I'd do it, one in VA and one in NY. I am using just electric here in Stow, MA - I coul dhave water but my hose isn't long enough. Not the most level site I've been in, but it works.

Maybe the forum could have a CP search capability - to the Moderators. By state.
Rob
Courtesy parking

Old 04-19-2005, 08:48 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
courtesy parking

We've been members of WBCCI since early 2001. We've always been listed in the book to have courtesy parking. We live within miniutes of the major highways in New Hampshire and have never been contacted to provide parking. Sigh! I always thought courtesy parking to be a novel way to meet people who share some of the same interests of myself.

I've changed my signature to include Courtesy Parking. Great Idea.

Mark
Old 04-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Personal Thanks

I'd like to thank my hosts, the Tylers, WBCCI #3389, here in Stow, MA for their courtesy in letting me borrow an electric extension cord and a parking spot on their farm. I enjoyed staying next to the 69 Overlander (the year I was born) and a trailer I'd love to have.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Courtesy1.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	11654   Click image for larger version

Name:	My host1.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	11655  

Courtesy parking

Old 04-19-2005, 08:29 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
CP is a great opportunity!

We have been WBCCI members for one year - and in our first summer a unit VP took us up on our CP offer. We were not quite ready yet - but had a huge driveway. Our place is just up from Hwy 7 on route to eastern ON so it is not too far off the beaten track - but in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes Region - Canadian Shield.

That is a picture of Bob and Bev. They backed in and decided not to tempt the corner bend as it was late and they were tired. We have since widened the corner and added additional parking. The picture below is taken in the late fall just before winter sets in - hence the CP for our Power Boat.

Come for a night, a day or even a couple of days - we guarentee you will enjoy yourselves. If you are well behaved we can share the Waterfront Property with you which is a short 8 minute walk down the road - 1 minute by car. That is a picture taken from our dock this past Fall. We can offer Paddleboating, Swimming, Kayaking, Canoeing and even a powerboat ride in our soon to be Vintage Tempest.

We offer water via long hose from a spring drilled well, electricity via extension cord 15amp for now but hopefully 30amp by the summer. And can offer sewer dump via blue buggy into our septic tank. We also plan on putting in a turn around in our driveway to make life easier for everyone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CP Kawartha ON.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	11658   Click image for larger version

Name:	CP'ers .jpg
Views:	83
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	11659  

Name:	WF.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	11660  
Old 04-19-2005, 09:04 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
What a beautiful property. Very generous of you. Wish we were traveling so far north this summer-we'd stop by!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:52 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
, Iowa
Gee, Peter & Sharon, your photos lead me to believe that it would be worth making a trip to Canada just to spend a couple of days using your CP! 'Looks beautiful!
WBCCI #4568
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:55 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Done!

I've updated my signature too.

We are in beautiful New Boston, NH - which is near nothing but that's what we like about it.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE
Gee, Peter & Sharon, your photos lead me to believe that it would be worth making a trip to Canada just to spend a couple of days using your CP! 'Looks beautiful!

That sort of was our whole objective. To move to cottage country and eventually have a waterfront property too (not necessarily with a house on it).

We are sure we will eventually travel - but for now we have everything at our finger tips - so come on up and enjoy.

Pitch a tent at the "Rock" for an overnight with the kids - or just a romantic interlude for the adventurous of course. But for the more frail - we can set up the camper top on the boat and you can be rocked to sleep with the sound of the loons calling. (and if you sleep in your own trailer) with your windows open you can still hear the loons from our driveway up the road.

On the other end of the scale we will be travelling south in the Winter Months - but our only problem we ran into was CP in the Eastern states on the way down - go figure everyone was GONE left before the air turned cool - so it can be tough to hitch up for a free night on the way down. Our first night we ended up at a Flying J with no heat and just about died of Hypo T! -15 C That's when two big dogs sure come in handy to keep you warm. But I think it was the otherway around - we were keeping them warm - I did not know they could curl up into such a small ball of fur

Here are a few more pics of the WF (not to entice you more) - it is really a unique peice of property - not big by any stretch - but then to have something bigger you would have to have millions to own it. For the price of a new Safari we lucked out on this find - and right down the road from where we live. We are in a large bay just off the main lake just on the edge of an inlet but have open bay views as well. We have a shallow shore line that the girls have turned into a nice sandy stretch from fishing all summer last year. It then turns to about 4ft at the dock side to give us clearance for our 20' Cuddy and about 6-8 a little further out (thinking of building a second section to add on). There is a large Island in the middle of the bay that has a great swimming and camping spot - public - no fees but is mostly used by the surrounding cottagers and their guests.

One day we hope to build a pad down there and sneak our trailer in for a couple of weeks during the summer. (but by-laws tell you different! - unless of course you are building a house and living in the trailer)

So as we don't travel in the summer it would be great to meet people as they travel here. We are serious about those who want to come on up for a few days or more - we want to try it out - and eventually may offer it on a regular basis for a nominal fee - (on par with the other Airstream parks) (which by the way - we saved our WBCCI membership fees 5 times over in our second year! Not too many places can offer you a weeks stay for $99 - mind you we can not offer free golf but for a price you can play some hack courses and some really nice courses around this area - a new semi private one was just built http://www.golfwildfire.com

June to the end of September - October if you have a good heater and not too far away to get home before the snow flys. May is unpredictable with the Black flies - but we are lucky in 5 years we had one bad year where they lasted for 2 weeks the rest is a couple of days - and those days you learn to spring clean!!

Hope to see some of you this summer!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WaterFrontDBS.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	11681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Makings of a great night.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	11682  

Name:	WF1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	11683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hillside Garden.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	11684  

Attached Images

Old 04-20-2005, 11:46 AM   #26
Zero Carb Twinkie

2003 22' International CCD
Fullarton , Ontario
I've updated my Signature

We have room for many trailers if they are willing to boondock.
One can be serviced with Water and Electicity beside the barn.

If anyone is going to the Stratford Festival, we are just 15 minutes away.

Rob and Susan
Border Collie - Otis
2003 22' International CCD
1993 Chevy k1500 5spd Manual
2005 Ford SD Diesel 6spd Manual
CP/Water/15A/WIFI/PM to inquire
0CarbTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:59 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
To the Moderators

Is there any way to get a section under CampGrounds added dedicated to Courtesy Parking, (North East, South East, Northern Central, Southern Central, South West, North West) or a stand alone Tab for Courtesy Parking added? This way, those of us with Courtesy Parking could post there and it would get alot of use in my mind. Please advise. And thanks for this site!
Courtesy parking

Old 03-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
Bump