Old 01-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Come see who joined NOVA

Hi everyone. My name is Ricky. My wife Tami & I have signed up to join NOVA. We have 2 AS's & 3 dogs. We started out as Members at Large in WBCCI. Now that we have sort of settled down in Clevland, TN, we chose to join a "local" unit. NOVA works for us as someday our gypsy souls will go on the road again.

I encourage all who have signed up to introduce themselves here. Please leave posts to introduction & not for airing any dirty laundry.

Ricky & Tami

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Ricky, well that explains your login name 3 dog nite. Brad and I have two dogs and one cat that travel everywhere with us and hopefully we too will be traveling once winter breaks. Brad has his 23' "mancave" and I have the bigger Airstream for lots of stuff. Remember she who travels light, travels shabbiest! Just kidding, that is from Irma Bombeck. But I am something of a pack rat and tend to take more than we would ever need. I always think in my mind but what if we don't come back, we wouldn't have to. And thusly goes my Airstreaming Dreaming.

We have had a few work camping experiences and may likely be heading out to a different direction this summer. We may not always be able to plan well in advance but oftentimes we are able to show up at rallies once the time is upon us.

I'll save those intros with the rest of the clan for laundry day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!cid_000801c74825$c2b43bd0$6401a8c0@btbcjbcji2jbc8.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	93394   Click image for larger version

Name:	TrailerTrash.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	93396  

Attached Images

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Brian & Connie Signing in!

I must admit I am not generally that much of a "joiner" but we did visit an AS park in Pennsylvania last summer and met some great WBCCI folks!

We are fairly new to Airsreams. We bought ours just over a year ago and only taken one long trip with it so far - California last winter. This year we plan on Louisiana Cajun Country, then Florida.

Although new to the AS, we have been into camping and RV's since our kids were in diapers!

Our two girls now have have families of their own now and we are enjoying retirement.

Before taking an early retirement (Now 11 years ago, can't believe it!) I worked 34 years in engineering & management jobs with Canadian National Railways.

Living just west of Toronto in Burlington Ontario with many hobbies and interests,
currently computers, geocaching, hiking, banjo, and motorcycle touring as indicated by my nickname and avatar!

Looking forward to NOVA and hopefully getting to meet others at a rally or two in future!

Brian & Connie.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
A few things about us.
  • Jason & Andrea Grendahl, sons Parker (3.5 yrs) and Mason (1.5)
  • bought our first Airstream in Feb 2009, a '74 Overlander rear bath, double mid-ship bed
  • joined the WDCU of WBCCI in April 2009
  • affiliate to NOVA if/when approved, likely will transfer to full membership some time later
  • live in Jeromesville, OH which is officially in the middle of nowhere, but in real world terms we're about 15 min. from the I-71 and US-250 (Ashland) intersection.
  • traveled extensively last year and encountered many issues with our "new" camper, this winter many things are being redone as a result. We'll have a 50% new camper when March / April rolls around.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
We are signed up for NOVA as well. We are Michael & Erin Grove with daughters Megan 9 & Molly 3.

Our Airstream has been in my family scince the mid 70's when my grandparents bought it.

We have been to a few Rallys (airforum style) and camp almost every other weekend in the summer.

We live just 2 miles from the Rv / Mh "hall of fame" In Elkhart, IN. Dexter Axle and Axis are also just around the corner.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
I wanted to know just exactly is NOVA? New to this... thanks!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
I wanted to know just exactly is NOVA? New to this... thanks!

Hi redhakerII, Take a look here. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ova-58851.html

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via MSN to Sparty73 Send a message via Yahoo to Sparty73
We have also signed up for NOVA. We are Tom and Hilda Standley and we live outside of Bowling Green, Ohio. We have two adult children, one age 21 in college and the other age 25 living in Nevada. We bought our 1977 Argosy last summer and have only been able to use it on limited basis so far.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
LJH
Rivet Master

1985 27' Sovereign
Defiance , Ohio
I think I joined NOVA, I filled out the online form, but have not heard anything moore about it. Hi Sparty. I was born in BG, it has realy changed since those days! LJH
Old 01-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
NOVA camping

Larry and I (Lou) are both retired now. We have one daughter who is on her own and lives across the street. Loren wishes to inherit the Argosy.

2002 or 03-We inherited the 1978 Argosy Minuet and started its journey back to a better life. Larry and I joined airforums to do the research on how to get started on its new childhood. We only traveled to a few rallies and campgrounds cuz we were caregivers for my folks.

Bought the 1989 Excella 1000 29 footer in 2009 after the passing of my mom. The Excella is excellent!
Spent last summer getting out quite a bit and having a blast camping at informal gatherings with campers from airforums.

We live just off of the Ohio Turnpike, I-480 and near to I-71 in the village of LaGrange. SW of Cleveland. We invite folks to stop at our courtesy parking spot in the driveway where they just might end up in the midst of driveway "rally" in our backyard.

We are not WBCCI and had no reason to join since we were very happy with our informal airforums gatherings and meeting new folks from here. But the more we spoke to DanB at campouts the more we were convinced that NOVA is a good forward thinking way to go! But no matter which way that goes we are going to continue to be here and camping with friends that we have met along the way. We hope to make some more good friends this year!
So far we have signed up for Springstream, Dogwoods and Bluegrass, and will sign up for the Metro-Detroit rally as it gets closer. We are hoping to go to the Pocono Race rally too.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
Richfield , Ohio
I am guessing, that NOVA was approved since you have people joining.

Is the board getting ready to head south to Luisianna? To get the bylaws approved? There is the big IBT meeting down there. Plus it is warm...

I understand on the table is a motion to reduce Regions and Units, combineing them into larger regions & Units.

I also understand that on the table is an $20.00 increase in intl dues.

$75 is alot to spend to join a group.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
joining

Our membership paper work etc. is in the process. We are forming a group that we hope will be active and we are introducing ourselves to each other at this thread. We are hoping to have a get together sometime in the near future and it would be nice to know a little bit about each other...thus this thread. We plan on being NOVA.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeWilly View Post
I am guessing, that NOVA was approved since you have people joining.

Is the board getting ready to head south to Luisianna? To get the bylaws approved? There is the big IBT meeting down there. Plus it is warm...

I understand on the table is a motion to reduce Regions and Units, combineing them into larger regions & Units.

I also understand that on the table is an $20.00 increase in intl dues.

$75 is alot to spend to join a group.
Not quite!

We are the hopeful, the positive, the dreamers. We are shoestring WBCCIers, wanna bees and we need YOUR support. Sign up! Please. If we outnumber the whole of WBCCI we could write the rules!!!!!!!! Maybe all the units should sign up here.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
bump

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote