Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
Changing FAST

at the rate we are going, with 2 meetings a year, I might be either retired or dead from old age when it happens.
Daryl Waters meationed at the IBT meeting, the 2020 committee is NOT an Action committee. Which means they do not have the power to change things, nor the power to submit motions.
But WE DO. Everyone get with your Unit presidents and then your Region Presidents, get out the BlueBook, craft some motions and have them ready for the mid winters. I'll be doing so. We need desperately to restructure our management, perhaps doing away with the EC and/or reducing Regions. In this age of the internet, and conference calling, Region officers do not need to be physically present for many things. also changing the date of International has to be a motion, or doing away with a specific date range anyway.
That all being said.....A motion is NOT required to change dress code, or the activities and venue of International, or the cerimonies. I have alot of, faith right now, that Norm Beau, might be taking care of that for us. I hope that faith is not misplaced.
also, the VAC and people like PeeWee need to be cherished, celebrated, and featured at our Internationals, as they and their trailers are the heritage and foundation of our club.
Dan
Dan
DFDureiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I believe there was a correction given in regard to that statement about the 2020 committee not being an action committee, saying it does in fact have the power to draft motions and I hope they start doing just that too. I'm with you Dan I would like to see change happen before I forget what it is I was looking for to change.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote