Old 01-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #43
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
It's time we stop being hopeful about this -- it's time to stop the nominating committee dictating our future leaders and in essecence the direction of this club. It's time we change the course of our leadership.

__
Is this even possible at this point?

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #44
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
As a new owner of a square Airstream motorhome, I sure am against this move. I will be surprised if they are able to get the required 2/3 majority in July. Of course, they may overlook that requirement, to get what they want.

While they were letting the Four Winds Class A in, why didn't they also let the Class C units in also, so the less than rich could also move to a motorhome?

Old 01-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
It looks like we missed that one. What I heard after the fact is that the motion had to be withdrawn because the name that went forward did not have a state designation attached to it.
I don't understand this, the oldest Unit in the WBCCI - The New England Unit does not have a state designation attached to it.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:32 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
I don't understand this, the oldest Unit in the WBCCI - The New England Unit does not have a state designation attached to it.
That's what I was thinking. If this rule was something that was put in place after NEU was chartered, then I'm thinking it's time to change that rule back to not requiring a state name.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #47
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
New England was created long before the requirement to have a state in the name was made. That being said, the assignment of a name is done by the IBT, at least that's how I read the constitution.
Quote:

Sec. 3
The minimum number of members necessary to obtain or retain a charter, shall be ten (10). All rules, regulations and qualifications for a Unit Charter shall be fixed and determined by the Board of Trustees, and upon granting a Unit Charter, assign such Unit a name. All Units shall hold not less than two (2) assembled rallies each year at which members attend with their recreational vehicles manufactured by Airstream, Inc. (6/30/05)

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #48
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
It's all to come -- go read the quotes from the meeting as SW...

It's a pretty sad state of affairs, but the longer they talked, the more they revealed...

No one would have believed it if we hadn't taped it. I'm sure everyone will be glad we did (except THEM of course)...

__
Thank you to whoever did the taping. It was very interesting to say the least. I wish the quality of the sound were a little bit better though. Do you think the IBT would be willing to upgrade/invest to provide a clearer message to their members?
Old 01-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #49
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
The audio quality is always an issue in a large auditorium like that and being as the WBCCI leadership is NOT really interested in recording the audio from the microphones (a very simple thing to do) we have to do it with portable devices. That makes the autio quality poor. I spent several hours digitally lowering the echo to an acceptable level. Hopefully the IBT will record these meetings and make them public. I will say that I now have about $1000 of audio recording equipment and the mext IBT/Delegates meeting I go to will have as good a recording as I can make.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:29 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
I have some high-end field based recording equipment laying around that I'll gladly bring to International.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
The audio quality is always an issue in a large auditorium like that and being as the WBCCI leadership is NOT really interested in recording the audio from the microphones (a very simple thing to do) we have to do it with portable devices. That makes the autio quality poor. I spent several hours digitally lowering the echo to an acceptable level. Hopefully the IBT will record these meetings and make them public. I will say that I now have about $1000 of audio recording equipment and the mext IBT/Delegates meeting I go to will have as good a recording as I can make.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #51
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
What would be nice is to be able to plug directly into the mixing board and pull audio from there. I have 200G of HD space, I think I could get it all no problem. As with the Delegates meeting we recorded this with a simple iPod.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 01-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
What would be nice is to be able to plug directly into the mixing board...
Depending on the access we're allowed I could mic the main table and provide an audience mic(s) complete with stands etc. I could have them run into a multi channel pre-amp (up to 24 microphones) which would then plug in via firewire to a recording based computer. in addition, if a broadband connection is available we could actually stream the delegates meeting live. i do this on a regular basis at my day job at DigitalSoundboard.net.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #53
4 Rivet Member

Northern Illinois , Illinois
End of Club As It Was

I believe that allowing any SOB with a designation of "Airstream Edition" is the end of the club as it has been. It will continue on and may even grow; but it will just be another RV club. I have accepted this fact and have joined another (non Airstream) RV club. I will stay a member of WBCCI but only because I have some friends my age in it.

I believe that not allowing the 4CU into the club speaks volumes about its future. I don't have a vested interest in the 4CU because I live in Illinois. However, it shows that until the current leadership generation passes on, nothing will change. By then it will be too late.

Even though I'm only in my fifties I don't see myself becoming active in WBCCI leadership because of all that is happening and the politics. It turns me off. I see being more involved with AIR fourm activities and the other RV organization that I have joined.

Sad state of affairs for those of us looking for a hopeful future in the WBCCI.

I have given up.

Air Apparent
Old 01-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
NO state name attached to it??????????????
Four Corners Unit....by default for the GEOGRAPHICALLY CHALLENGED is named after the ONLY place in the USA where FOUR STATES meet at ONE POINT. It is therefore named after FOUR States by default....AZ, NM, UT, CO....nevermind the fact that there are people who would also join from Texas, California, Oklahoma, Nevada, etc...

I am going camping, and the IBT can sit and spin it anyway they want. I can use the dues money saved for diesel.

AIR # 410
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #55
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
I get it, you get it, we all get it - all that is except the IBT.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #56
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
After this last passed vote, my guess is that the units will at some point splinter...sooner now that this has happened and there eventually won't be a National/Internatioal presence (or not much of one to speak of). I also think a new group of folks is going to start something else that meets what over 50% of the current club seems to want. WBCCI as it stands today is going to go away. Be it from natural causes or the ship loosing more crew than it takes in...either way, time will tell...and I'd suspect we'd know in the next 12-24 months just how bad it will really get.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote