Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Bill, Thank you for the offer. I am interested please do send that info. I gather you folks are in Orange County? I'm in northern L.A. County.

Insideout. It's a '06 19 Safari LS. I pick it up 7-1-06.
We have a rally once a month, in 2006 they were in Indio, Escodido, Ramona, Mariposa, Yucaipa, Newport Beach (in conjunction with the Vintage Airstream Club) Malibu. Next year's sites are not set yet.

We have members from San Diego to Atascadero and Oakhurst and out to Quartzite. But mostly, LA, Orange, San Diego, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. We have one business meeting a year, very short and usually in September. We have one luncheon, in connection with the installation rally in December.

Please send me an email with your name and address through the forums and I can forward it to membership.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #122
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leipper

I am very curious if Salem will be as off-putting as Boise was 8 years ago or whether something has changed. - Westward Ho! Aluminum sightings from RVer's in Montana and elsewhere have been heard expressed with amazement at herd sightings never seen before. Halleluja Trail??
hi bryan

are you going or here in salem?

i am, this is my first and sorry to say this is basically a sad event....

i'll elaborate later..
i have met a few really great folks....
but other things are so out of date as to be hard to imagine...
i am finding.....
i may not make it to the 4th..

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:20 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Just read Goin Camping's post and agree that many of us would participate if the events were geared to those of us who are not retired or independently wealthy.

We also are new owners, and thoroughly enjoy our Safari. We were able to take a US tour for our first trip which included 27 states and over 8000 miles. Although we didnt know a lot about WBCCI, we became members at large (#8228) after running into a great group of caravaners in New Mexico. We chose member at large status because we didnt know enough about the local groups to join.

We are considering going to Salem, but we are not sure we can take that much time and because the event schedule left us thinking "what will we really do when we are there?"

Again, as for the idea of a name change, we think the product is more of the issue than the name.

We welcome any input, especially members in So. Cal.
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE
Just read Goin Camping's post and agree that many of us would participate if the events were geared to those of us who are not retired or independently wealthy.

We also are new owners, and thoroughly enjoy our Safari. We were able to take a US tour for our first trip which included 27 states and over 8000 miles. Although we didnt know a lot about WBCCI, we became members at large (#8228) after running into a great group of caravaners in New Mexico. We chose member at large status because we didnt know enough about the local groups to join.

We are considering going to Salem, but we are not sure we can take that much time and because the event schedule left us thinking "what will we really do when we are there?"

Again, as for the idea of a name change, we think the product is more of the issue than the name.

We welcome any input, especially members in So. Cal.
Timemachine,

If you decide to go to Salem, you will meet a lot of great people. Look at the Tour of America blog by Rich Luhr, he is on his way there, Yank, Rickie, Roger and Marion are members of the El Camino Real Unit here in So Cal. They also put together the Sister Rendezvous which in going on now. Our next rally is in Yucaipa in September with a co sponsorship of the VAC rally at the Newport Dunes in October.

On our way to Salem tomorrow.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 06-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #125
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
many of us would participate if the events were geared to those of us who are not retired or independently wealthy.
Nike has the answer: "Just do it!" - If your local Unit doesn't currently support your kind of Airstream experience, then add your kind of Airstream experience to its menu of events and activities. If your unit is going to be so stuck in a rut and doesn't have anyone who wants to join you in your kind of Airstream experience, then go do your kind of Airstream experience yourself and invite others along. If you look around you'll probably find some others in your area who think the way you do and only need an invite. Who knows? Maybe start another unit!

The local Unit should be able, at the very least, to provide communications and some assistance for members who want to try something different. In return, members need to sample other kinds of Airstream experience in full faith as that leads to the kind of personal growth that is a benefit of membership.

Quote:
This one is getting some attention and I do not think all of it is constructive. There are also some conflicts in terms of the event itself. For some it is a place to park while they explore northwest oregon. For others it is a chance to get into WBCCI governance or a big party or a chance to catch up on old friends or an opportunity to make new friends or an opportunity to gather information for griping and bitching or to learn about caravans and units and how they work or volunteer on a common task with friends or to work with the group civic contribution effort or just experience something different and unique in its own way. It looks like this one is also serving as a focal point for some of the more revolution minded in the community. Maybe the captain was right: a bit of revolution every now and then can be a good thing.
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:37 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Bryan,

Are you in Salem? or will you be?

If so, lets meet, I will be easy to find. The only Lincoln Continetal in the 30 Amp Vintage Section. Or come along on my Country Coach tour on Wednesday.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 06-23-2006, 11:09 PM   #127
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Bill and Bryan,

Thanks for the info. A couple more questions? We understand that we can register on site in Salem....is it possible to get 30 Amp service with on site registration or do we have to reserve it ahead of time? Is there any cut off date for arrival?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:00 AM   #128
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
Best bet for good information is to call HQ. I would guess that on site registration might be limited by space available. My understanding with 30A electricity is that is someone cancelled out on such service, you might be able to pick up the slot.

I know folks in the past have parked at nearby RV parks in order to get full services and just hit the Rally for meetings and events and people.

It appears that WBCCI has had some problems with non registrants so they are being a bit more picky on registrant identification at events this year.

I know they are also picky about parking schedules. We will hit the bullpen Sunday because we aren't set for parking until Monday. So I don't know what would happen if somebody just showed up. If prior experience is a guide, I'd hate to think of the outcome. Some folks just have no sense of humor.

Bill, I'll see if I can catch up with you. One of our members has a power wagon. He traded two rifles for a 72 Safari and ended up so airstream infected he polished his trailer, moved his base to the wife's old family territory, and went full timin' - hope we see him again.
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:25 AM   #129
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Maybe all of us So. Cal. working stiffs should get together for week enders.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:01 AM   #130
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Great Idea, maybe we can even trade another slave for an extra day to make it a three-dayer.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:26 PM   #131
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Sounds good to me. If the wife can't escape for the entire day she should be able to sneak out by noon and we can run away.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #132

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Sounds like a secret society where not all dues-paying members are equal.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:27 PM   #133
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Huh, I am guessing by that comment that you are not a supporter.... Yup, checked the list and you aren't on it. So please don't be bitter about not having first crack at a recording of a meeting you probably should have been at in the first place.
And about Save Wally - there are no "dues paying" members, only supporters. And certainly not a secret society.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote