Old 05-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #99

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Thanks, Yuki, I was a little annoyed to follow the link and find the SaveWally people had chosen to hide the info to all but their members - a shameless ploy to force people to sign up for their website. Especially considering they do not own the and did not write the letter. Perhaps 65GT should have said EVERY WBCCI member can read it AFTER they sign up on our website.

Shame on you SaveWally guys - putting your own personal interests ahead of getting the word out to as many people as possible!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #100
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Thanks, Yuki, I was a little annoyed to follow the link and find the SaveWally people had chosen to hide the info to all but their members - a shameless ploy to force people to sign up for their website. Especially considering they do not own the and did not write the letter. Perhaps 65GT should have said EVERY WBCCI member can read it AFTER they sign up on our website.

Shame on you SaveWally guys - putting your own personal interests ahead of getting the word out to as many people as possible!
Steph,

The settings for the SaveWally forum default to guests not being able to see attachments. That is not something that Leo could readily change. But I can and have changed that so no longer does anybody HAVE to sign up to view it.

But shame on you for suggesting that we only post information like that solely for the purpose of getting people to sign up on our site. The save wally movement is strong enough that we don't need to force people to sign up.

The level of vitriol in your post makes it sound bitter and aggressive. Shame on you!!! Makes me wonder what your issue truly is with SaveWally? Hmmm....

For everybody else, the attachment is now publicly available for everybody to read. And we would like you to sign up on our forums, even though you are not required to. It makes it easier to keep everybody informed of changes in this issue.

Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #101

1968 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup

But shame on you for suggesting that we only post information like that solely for the purpose of getting people to sign up on our site. The save wally movement is strong enough that we don't need to force people to sign up.

The level of vitriol in your post makes it sound bitter and aggressive. Shame on you!!! Makes me wonder what your issue truly is with SaveWally? Hmmm....
My issue is that you invited everyone to come to your site to see Forrest's letter, and I thought, hey, I'll go check it out, and when I got there it said I had to sign up to view it. The letter was not made available to general public until Yuki posted it here. That's what it looked like to me, and I think that was uncool, and I said so. I don't see how that was aggressive or bitter or having a 'level of vitriol'. You made the mistake, so why do you accuse me of having an ulterior motive?

Old 05-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #102
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
My issue is that you invited everyone to come to your site to see Forrest's letter, and I thought, hey, I'll go check it out, and when I got there it said I had to sign up to view it. The letter was not made available to general public until Yuki posted it here. That's what it looked like to me, and I think that was uncool, and I said so. I don't see how that was aggressive or bitter or having a 'level of vitriol'. You made the mistake, so why do you accuse me of having an ulterior motive?
When you suggest "a shameless ploy to force people to sign up for their website" you are being bitter.

When you state that we are "putting your own personal interests ahead of getting the word out to as many people as possible" you are being vindictive.

We are a volunteer group and our only interest is not a personal one but rather to see that all sides of the name change issue is brought to everyone attention.

It was a simple setting change that I made - and we were not out to get anybody or force anybody to sign up for anything. Why else would we make EVERYTHING ELSE (except this one little thing) public. That doesn't make sense. Let it go....
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 05-20-2006, 12:57 PM   #103
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
BTW,

We also posted the letter on out site - with permission, of course - for all to see. Free of charge and no sign up required...

http://savewally.org/index.php?tell
Old 05-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #104

1968 17' Caravel
Hmm, you call me bitter, aggressive, full of vitiole and vindictive, and then say I should just let it go, when you could have just said "oops, we made a mistake, now it's fixed, sorry about that". Nice.

Old 05-20-2006, 01:27 PM   #105
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
Hmm, you call me bitter, aggressive, full of vitiole and vindictive, and then say I should just let it go, when you could have just said "oops, we made a mistake, now it's fixed, sorry about that". Nice.
I think that's exactly what I said on my first post - and it was fixed.
This conversation is over.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:18 PM   #106
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Northern Illinois uint vote came out to keep the WBCCI name, also we voted to let the Basecamp be part of the club.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #107
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Airstream Rally, Airstream Club

If I have to refer to my trips, it is to an "Airstream Rally" not WBCCI Rally...
who would know what I am talking about...
also, if anyone asks, as far as I am concerned I belong to an "Airstream Club" not WBCCI. I have tried to explain that and it is too lengthy to bother...Airstream Club fits the bill...clearly...quickly...easily..and without further explanation. So you can call it 'formally' anything you want, but it is still the "Airstream Club".
Old 06-08-2006, 12:12 AM   #108
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
The t-shirt designs are very cool Leo. I like the nostalgic link to the magazine covers and the start of the club. I especially like the Saturday Evening Post, some Norman Rockwell there, I think?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:27 AM   #109
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 20
1997 34' Limited
Great Barrington , Massachusetts
Not really in the thread, but...
How are WBCCI numbers assigned? Just got mine and was curious if there is a code or information within the numbers. I see high, low, and inbetween. But not all numbers. Chronological? regional? Random? Fill in the old numbers?
If you know, let me know.

Thanks.

Nick
WBCCI#3528
nickvansant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:39 AM   #110
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvansant
How are WBCCI numbers assigned? Just got mine and was curious if there is a code or information within the numbers. I see high, low, and inbetween. But not all numbers. Chronological? regional? Random? Fill in the old numbers?

Thanks.
There isn't any secret code or information imbedded in the numbers. They are sequentially assigned but sometimes they fill in old numbers or assign you a number of your choice if it is available.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #111
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvansant

Thanks.
Double / triple digit numbers assigned to international officers. You can request any number as long as it's not already assigned or under 4 digits.
peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #112
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Change the Name, Darn It!

Using WBCCI for rally directional signs, banners, etc. out in the public eye does not spread the idea out there of an Airstream Club's existence. I can not tell you how many times that we have been asked by folks seeing our Airstream, "What does WBCCI mean?" The local Airstreamers and Airstreamers passing through many times do not realize the "WBCCI" stands for Airstreamers and that there is a rally happening in the area that they could attend! Oh, the lost souls out there.

Isn't it about time we put the name "AIRSTREAM" in the Club? We who live this Airstreaming Life Full-Time know how important it is to not beat around the bush.

There's so much that Wally would have changed had he not died and left the club with a bunch of uppity snobs to guide the club to where it is now losing members all the time. And the biggist reason is that they always use the quote "we have never done this before, therefore, we should not change."

I have read that when Wally ran the Caravans in the beginnings that he welcomed other RV brands; there were not enough Airstreamers joining the caravans so he invited 'other brands' to join. Thus, the name 'Wally Byam' CCI, and not 'Airstream'.

Let us start sharing the good life with those other Airstreamers. Once they learn there is such a club for Airstreamers and how much they enjoy participating as club members with their families, our founder Wally Byam will be smiling to see his Airstream Club growing bigger and better doing what he always envisioned. Isn't it wonderful to see those Airstreams out on the road? Well... let's find ways to get our Airstream name out there! Change the name! Let us find fewer baldy trailers.

Change is good - it sparks the soul. Change the name to include Airstream, darn it.
Carl & Cindy
Airstream #7494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I just sent this link: www.savewally.org to my own unit officers along with a nice e-mail voicing my opinion about the vote. One member was unaware of this vote entirely and extremely interested to hear about it.

Good job!

Here is what I sent - feel free to borrow for your own use: