Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2006, 07:34 PM   #41
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
because we had been mostly turned off by then.......

from the mud slinging......which is now subsiding.....

cheers
2air'
There was MUD Slinging!! I'm Shocked, do you hear me SHOCKED!!!

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:40 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
We have our membership in WBCCI not because we have intention to ever participate in caravans or national rallies but because in some inane way when we bought our Airstream we also bought into the ambiance of the whole past of Airstream and what it seemed to mean to us growing up. In respect for that past, we support WBCCI with a membership-at-large. I think this prevents us from having any vote on the name change at all. (???) Maybe someday we'll join a local unit such as the St. Louis group, maybe not. Probably because of that same sense of traditional past with Airstream, we would prefer the club's name to reflect that past--something that "e-i-e-i-o" just doesn't do. There doesn't seem to be much rational fact behind our position; just a strong sense of "Airstream consciousness." Make sense? Probably not to anyone but us! We'd prefer a simple: WBCCI, the Airstream Club. To us, that keeps the past and brings it current for clear understanding if people wonder what it's all about. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:43 PM   #43
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhawk
There was MUD Slinging!! I'm Shocked, do you hear me SHOCKED!!!
ok, nose in the corner....no soup for you!
and fix that avatar...
them blinkin'.........blinkin' lights is given me a seeeeeezzzzzure....

and it just dawn'd on me we need an emoticon for mud slingin'

and another one for thread high jackin'........

to go with these.....

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #44
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
I think this prevents us from having any vote on the name change at all. (???) We'd prefer a simple: WBCCI, the Airstream Club. To us, that keeps the past and brings it current for clear understanding if people wonder what it's all about. ~G
You have as much right to voice your opinion here as anyone. Some of the people that are very vocal here are not even members of the WBCCI. I think your opinion is very rational and I respect it very much.

2air, I like my avitar. Even got kharma from Andy about it. Settle down or I'll make the air horn honk.

VFW, LEGION, NRA

Old 03-22-2006, 08:03 PM   #45
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Hi Gunner, welcome to the forums.
I just joined the WBCCI today and now consider myself a member, I was on the fence for a long time because I felt that the WBCCI had nothing to offer me and after posting a few post's about this, there was a reply that really hit home with me to rethink my position, the people that you meet at rallys will more than likely become life long friendships. And to me that is worth more than what I agree or dissagree with, about the WBCCI Club.
I also am proud of my Airstream and want to be apart of the Wally experience that he create'd from his own love of adventure and the life long friendships that were made from that adventure. I also don not want to see a name change, Wally create'd the airstream and the WBCCI adventure and it should remain the way he create'd it.
This is my own oppinion and now am having a hard time understanding why anyone who owns a airstream would not want to be apart of this piece of tradition and history. Gunner I hope you join the WBCCI and become a member of a piece of history.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:08 PM   #46
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh
Gunner I hope you join the WBCCI and become a member of a piece of history.
Oh heck, (that's country for sompn else), I been a member for a looong time. Jes don like to brag ya know. Also don lik to have folks know too much bout me. Not bashful with pinions slong as folks don know where I am. Might get ugly!!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
I was sent this web site by another WBCCI member today. Quite impressive and very well done. Too bad that WBCCI does not have a web site of their own.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #48
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
I was sent this web site by another WBCCI member today. Quite impressive and very well done. Too bad that WBCCI does not have a web site of their own.
Now Chpn Kent, you're funnin me. I've looked at your web postin before and thought it was jus GREAT!!
Might surprise you to know my youngest boy is in your territory doin missionary work. Guess ther is a mighty lot of heathens in Wisconsin.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #49
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Busted!!

Okay, I admit it, I am "The Gunner" Got tired of posting what I thought were rational, helpful comments, and getting flamed,and came back as my Alter Ego, THE GUNNER!

The Moderators are pretty sharp. Only took two days to figure it out. Said I posted controversial comments. Wow, guess I was the first one they found. Well, okay, it was a lot of fun and I apoligize if I hurt anyones feelings. However, the points I made were valid and to the point. Ever hear the saying, "no more Mr. nice guy"?

I am still here and will now be more to the point. As my Wife "The Attorney", (makes me feel so inadequate), says, "be honest and to the point". She is right too. I will.

By the way Chaplain Kent, my Son really is on a missionary trip in Wisconsin.

Again, If hurt anyones feeling, I apoligize. If that is not good enough, Get over it!

THE GUNNER

VFW, LEGION, NRA

Old 03-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #50
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Gunner the underdog, I was wonderng about the avitar when it changed dang near before my eyes, thats cool gunner, glad I did'nt post what I wanted to ha ha ha ha.....
Old 03-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #51
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Dang, I really liked that avitar. My wife never got a chance to see it either. Have to incorporate it somehow.

VFW, LEGION, NRA

Old 03-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #52
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Gunner Cooperhawk I like'd it to, maybe you could use it as your turn signals on your MHO avitar.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:52 PM   #53
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Bythe way folks.

http://www.wbcciregion7.net/WBCCI_%2...AME_CHANGE.htm

Still don't have an opinion, but this is one point of view isn't it.

THE GUNNER

VFW, LEGION, NRA

Old 03-22-2006, 10:05 PM   #54
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
That is very true Gunner Cooperhawk, but a name change is a totaly wrong approach for the problem that exists.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:47 AM   #55
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
I've heard of guys hiding behind mommies skirts too. They didn't have fake accounts and avatars back then...

Credibility shot -- oh well. I'm sure we'll all get over it real quick...

To think I had just given you positive karma because I thought you were reasonable in your comments... What was I thinking?

__
Well, credibility is in the eye of the beer holder. If you hadn't been quite so rabid before you may have seen my comments in a whole different light. Little wake up call is good for all. I am STILL The Gunner.

Thanks for the Kharma though.

THE GUNNER

Yep, I do manage a couple web sites, but don't post my views on them. The views are of other unit members. Fact is, You still don't really know my views.

VFW, LEGION, NRA

Old 03-23-2006, 07:02 AM   #56
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
The savewally site is nice. It had an incorrect link to the NM unit, so I used the "contact us" page to report it. What I didn't expect was to be on the receiving end of emails about the situation.

I'm perfectly well aware of the vote (as are my unit leaders), so don't need or want my inbox crowded with even more stuff. Is there any way to opt out of the emailings?

Lynn
Old 03-23-2006, 08:11 AM   #57
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Yes, I received three messages, though I don't recall now what they were. (Because my Yahoo inbox is the recipient of mails from eight different accounts dealing with all sorts of professional involvements, I get a lot of stuff in ... I delete most of it.)

Lynn
Old 03-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #58
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
Lol

Cooperhawk, I have been LOL since I started to read this thread. I was wondering just how far you going to pull their legs. I am leaning in favor of the name change, but if it does not change I will not walk away. I will keep participating in events and also planning them. (Thanks for posting my rally on the MN unit website).
The comments made earlier about meeting new friends is absolutly true. My wife and I have made great friend since we joined 3 yrs ago. We consider them almost family. (My kids call it a cult).
As for the savewally website, I went and looked. The agreement listed there did not seem to be that limiting. The worst part was the poor langauge and sentence structure in a couple of places.
WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
pyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
enough of all this yacking... time for action. i mailed in my offical ballot today (san fernando valley california unit 12-016). i'm following the sage advice found here on the forum, and voting for the name change and new logo. however one thing on the ballot caught me by surprise, #1) should the "base camp travel trailer" be eligible for inclusion in the club? i voted yes. i voted yes for all three item's. vote and vote often.

kevin
simi valley, ca
wbcci #1808
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:07 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I just uploaded a fresh batch of Save Wally Avatars for your enjoyment. If you are in favor of saving Wally and his club, sport an avatar here. Show your true colors!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote