Old 03-21-2006, 09:36 PM   #15
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Buttercup I am meeting with the Montana Unit Pres on Saturday and will find out there view on it and will also let her know my view of it. Any suggestions?

Old 03-21-2006, 09:43 PM   #16
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
PM me your phone number and I will call you right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh
Buttercup I am meeting with the Montana Unit Pres on Saturday and will find out there view on it and will also let her know my view of it. Any suggestions?

Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I just sent this link: www.savewally.org to my own unit officers along with a nice e-mail voicing my opinion about the vote. One member was unaware of this vote entirely and extremely interested to hear about it.

Good job!

Here is what I sent - feel free to borrow for your own use:

Thanks Janet. And wasn't it you who coined the phrase, "What would Wally do?" I remember the post, do you?
Old 03-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Roger, Stephanie and Jamie. Today has been an exciting day. The Save Wally team has worked endless hours in research and making the site top notch. They did a remarkable job. I believe their level of committment and involvement in the WBCCI is now well documented. No attention to detail and accuracy has been spared. Congratulations, Buttercup, Leo, and Joe, and thank you. You have accomplished something to be very proud of. But the work does not end now and we could use your help. If you would like to help us in contacting other members within the club to make them aware of the name change issue and how their vote can make a difference go right over and sign up to become a supporter or a volunteer. Tell your friends where to find us. Together we can be heard.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #19
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
People are okay two or three at a time. Beyond that number they tend to choose up sides and wear armbands. George Carlin
Old 03-22-2006, 09:42 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Well Done - Bravo

BIG FAT HUGS AND KUDOS to LEO JOE & TIM (Kimber too not sure which is the better half) and of course Carol.....and all the others who gave what they could big or small - to take a bonified interest beyond just "camping" and look at the Clubs organization - and what has sustained it for 50 years and hopefully with more efforts by everyone - at least another 50 years.

It will be a sad day if we ever get caught "sleeping" again.....
Old 03-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
Not to be rude...

Hey gang I appreciate the information about the con's of changing the name.

Yet I'd still like to hear what the pros are stated to be. In other words, I don't believe our 'fearless leaders' in WBCCI would intentionally do anything to harm the club. There must be a driving factor that is causing all of this stir over adding Airstream to the name of the club.

Mitch
Old 03-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny

Yet I'd still like to hear what the pros are stated to be. In other words, I don't believe our 'fearless leaders' in WBCCI would intentionally do anything to harm the club. There must be a driving factor that is causing all of this stir over adding Airstream to the name of the club.

Mitch
Go on over to the site under WBCCI there is a document named delegates info. It is the document of pros and cons sent to the WBCCI presidents recently from WBCCI headquarters on the coming vote. You can also download the .pdf or print from there directly. If that is not what you are looking for join the forum there and you may start a discussion.

For other information related to your inquiry you might want to look at the document points and counterpoints. The points are from WBCCI, the counterpoints are from Save Wally supporters.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny

Mitch
Not for a lack of requesting over these past few months.

The following statement has been offered up as the only official "Pro" todate.

The new name reflects who and what we are: Airstream Owners. Too many people do not know who Wally Byam is or was.

It is quite simple this debate has boiled down to the above statement being provided to the unit presidents as rationale to the motion before them.

There is additional bits here and there as stated in the Blue Beret - Task Committees abbreiviated report. Which to my knowledge is not qualified nor quantified by the members as accurate statements refelecting the majority of the members opinions. Thus it can be considered like much of the discussions here as "hear say" - other than the facts as proported via official documents such as the survey, the respondents, the comments provided, The constitution and bylaws and delegate meeting minutes (if there are any??).

If you or anyone else can provide "Pros" to this name change - benefits to the members, benefits to the Units, benefits to the Regions and to the Club as a whole in tangible results, estimated increases in either funds or members to the club, increased awareness via marketing, or increased or improved programs and activities for it's members then PLEASE come forth and tell us all about them- because at this point not a few weeks before some Units are starting their VOTE we have had NONE!
Old 03-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #24
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Been readin a lot of threads on this subject and notice one thing. Seems that most of the folks demanding no change are VAC. Now, I'm sure you will do a poll and prove me wrong, but is this really a VAC issue? I see a few posts from non-VAC folks, but not nearly as many or nearly as vocal.

How come you folks don't just break off and start your own group? Seems there are enough to do it.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:11 PM   #25

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Perhaps if the name changes those who are unhappy with it will go do their own thing, but it has not happened yet. There is a vote coming up, and like in any vote in a democratic country both sides have a right to lobby for what they think is right for the future of their club. The club IS the members, and the members have a right to speak up for or against major changes like this.

VAC people are also WBCCI people. Telling them to just go away and make their own club is not very productive.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #26
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Well, I warn't tellin anyone what to do Mam! Just opionating. It seems to me that the Airstream folks would go and leave the VAC. Then the Airstream folks would be AOAI and the VAC could still be the WBCCI. See, then everyone is happy and we can all go huntin.

By the way Mam, we don't live in a Democracy do we? We live in a Representative Republic don't we. And the WBCCI is set up the same way. See, a Democracy lets everybody get one vote. Or in Chicago and Florida, maybe 2 or 3. Anyway, thought I'd splain that little thing to you.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #27
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
The club IS the members, and the members have a right to speak up for or against major changes like this.
Well, shoot! (one of my favorite spressions). I didn't notice that you was one of them Moderators. Sorry, should have shown more respect. Poligize Mam>
Old 03-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunner
Been readin a lot of threads on this subject and notice one thing. Seems that most of the folks demanding no change are VAC. Now, I'm sure you will do a poll and prove me wrong, but is this really a VAC issue? I see a few posts from non-VAC folks, but not nearly as many or nearly as vocal.
There was an impromptu poll taken here a while ago. Of course, it only represents the people here who chose to participate in the poll. Here is the post with those particular results.

http://www.airforums.com/forum...5-post114.html

I have a new unit and there are others with new units that are in favor of retaining the name.

Polls and surveys aside, as long as every member has the opportunity to have their vote counted, that vote will truly reflect what the majority has decided.