Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Burn the books

That's the spirit. Burn the books... I mean close the threads....
We have had enough of this upstart foolishness trying to change a club run prefectly by wonderful volunteers who get nothing in return. They even have to buy their own red coats. Let all those camping type go back to their tents with their kids.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Northwestern Ontario , - on the backside of the map and just above the big green spot
Hmmm - very insightful - perhaps designed to ..... incite?

The word Troll comes to mind.

We don't need any more of this .....

Jay

"I'm not young enough to know everything ....."
(Oscar Wilde)
RangerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Purely relative. I was already incited and Over 59's post was very funny to me. What is to be considered is that all members are not coming from the same place and approach so even if it seems alien or nearly intolerable to some to others it is perfectly natural. Viva la difference! In a social media communication is all words and concepts. Tolerance is key. Something that fans my fire is of no consequence to others and some highly popular topics are totally uninteresting to me. The acceptance and broadening of limitations is what brings diversity and lively conversation. Tens of thousands of posts about vintage units may leave new Airstreamers with newer units cold whereas those absorbed with the VAC find WBCCI threads and its controversies threatening and dead to them. White elephant or rabbit or dead horse is all subjective. I appeal to all to expand and not limit your outreaches. Consider: Is it mandatory to be happy and perky or be unique or original in every post? Why are lines drawn? What profits the position in shooting the horse before the race is over? Think: The more the merrier has more to do with attitudes than with bodies or numbers and just because you aren't interested doesn't mean others aren't. Is it necessary to stop others and close threads or can you opt out of threads that don't interest you?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
I to am missing our contentious threads here at the forums. it's worth noting i have no $$ skin in the law suit game. the conversations here have provided me with the best reading entertainment any wally-ite loving airstreamer could hope for here at the forums. it's also worth noting i am a unit officer and a region webmaster. i am committed to the success and future of the WBCCI.

with that being said, i kind of understand why the threads were closed. beating dead horses get's tiresome for all involved.

here is how i see it's played out to date...

-Leo was ousted
-Money was raised to sue to get him reinstated
-saber rattling caught the IBT's attention
-threat moved the IBT to consider re-writing the constitution
-law suit put on hold as new committee was formed for the re-write
-law suit donations are being held until the mid-winter meeting and outcome of the re-write motions
-depending on how the meetings go - law suit may be re-visited. if all goes well and a utopian constitution is adopted, said donations or prorated amount thereof will be returned to donors

i'm sure we can all agree the conversations in the recent closed threads were spiraling downward - gravity is an unyielding force. please correct my take as you see fit and be sure to be chipper and friendly about it. or else...
Old 10-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Hey Dave you score a B+

-Leo was ousted
-Money was raised to sue to change the way the club governs itself (save the club) and to get him reinstated

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Munimula,

Excellent summary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
depending on how the meetings go - law suit may be re-visited. if all goes well and a utopian constitution is adopted, said donations or prorated amount thereof will be returned to donors
And who decides that?
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
And who decides that?
hopefully the collective. results from the mid-winter's should be black and white.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
Over59, I agree with you 100%. My wife and I are Unit Officers and enjoy and support the WBCCI.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
Certifiable

. , .
Cool Or else what?

Quote:
hopefully the collective. results from the mid-winter's should be black and white.
Are you putting some "skin" in now to help LI Pets, I mean "the collective", change the way the club governs itself (save the club)?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
Are you putting some "skin" in now to help LI Pets, I mean "the collective", change the way the club governs itself (save the club)?
Yes, I am Airstreaming buds with Bob. However, I have always maintained a distance from DefendWally movement. Mainly because I never thought the community would rise up enough with the do-ray-me to wage a federal law suit. In my uninitiated law-suit mind I thought this would take a quarter of a million bucks at the least. i know what you guys get for a sheet of paper -- $10!!

Don, how do you see my take on it all? I truly respect your perspective on these goings on and missed you at Shore Haven this summer. please send my regards to your better half.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #11
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
i know what you guys [lawyers] get for a sheet of paper -- $10!!
The paper is cheap, the stuff on it isn't. $10 for a very short paragraph maybe.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Them's expensive words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
The paper is cheap, the stuff on it isn't. $10 for a very short paragraph maybe.

Gene
Almost as expensive as inkjet ink!
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
The paper is cheap, the stuff on it isn't. $10 for a very short paragraph maybe.Gene
$10 for a sheet of paper is not cheap. That will buy two reams (1000 sheets) at my Costco. My lawyer charges me $7 for envelopes...and I winter camp with him!

The hourly rate in the NY area $250-$500 an hour. The $top watch starts as soon as he picks up the phone to talk with you for fifteen minutes - billable hours. The notion of a law suit at the outset was laughable and wrong. Lawyers in the NY area charge waaaay too much money for a camping club to engage with. If people ponied up $$ in the name of Leo, they obviously had money to burn.

With that being said, the saber rattling has had an obvious effect. Let's hope this committee can drive something meaningful home and not have these good peoples investment in a better club be wasted.

hopefully this discussion is four short months (oh g-d) from being over.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Almost as expensive as inkjet ink!
The most expensive liquid on the planet - $4000+/gallon wholesale.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #15
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Don, how do you see my take on it all?
That's an unusual question my friend. While speculating as to what could possibly be in the mind of the Morrison would no doubt take one on a most excellent adventure, I'm gonna have to decline this opportunity to analyze you here. If you really want to know your "take on it all" I would suggest looking in the mirror first. What's cool is that this simple insight-stategy has the added benefit of possibly alerting you to those Airstreaming buds who tend to stab others in the back!

Enjoy camping with the DW BOYZ this weekend Dave, but as a friend, I feel an obligation to warn you to keep a close eye on your wallet. I know, I know, you trust them.... I, however, do not. manda sends her love.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
Enjoy camping with the DW BOYZ this weekend
'Enjoy camping' is exactly what I plan to do this weekend. I do not attend Metro's business meetings. I am strictly there for the party. They do know how to throw down a good costume party.

I hope to spend no more than an hour all weekend (cocktail in hand) discussing how the re-write is moving along.

The Airstreaming season ain't over yet!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Dave,

I know a few of the folks in the Metro NY Unit, and yes, there are some good folks in that unit. But be careful while your there, as my mother use to tell us when we were kids:

“If you lie around with dogs long enough, you’re going to get fleas”, but I’m sure someone there can sell you on something to get rid of those too.

Thanks for taking over the Myrtle Beach Rally this year. I know you will do a great job.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
It is usually better to not generalize as to who is good or bad. Some of the comments from anti WBCCI folks lead me to believe maybe the club is okay as compared to what it may become if some of you take over. The lesser of two evils?? zz
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #19
Rivet Master

zigzagguzzi,

Just trying to get a rise out Dave, no harm intended, everything is OK.

FYI, the year I was the Prez of the WDCU we grew from 80+ members to over 130+ (60+%)members in less than a year to to the 4th largest unit the WBCCI, based on that, just think what the WBCCI would be like if I took it over. The IBT could once again travel as they please and not have to worry about the money to pay for it and those wanting to wear a pirate patch at International could.

Just playing, so don't get them in a bundle.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
COOL MAN it's all COOL!! zz
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote