Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #81
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2 View Post
Rob & Company,

I think what Lynn is really saying here is that he is going to quickly step up to hosting ......
Best,
If memory serves ( big if) I believe that Lynn has in fact hosted at least one rally in NM at his home before. Perhaps you will want to take a turn if you haven't already.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #82
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Yep, we've hosted several rallies, and have a couple more in the works. They're strictly local rallies, some WBCCI, but mostly not. But that's fully beside the point! The point is that there are complaints about the WBCCI, and many of them are absolutely legitimate, but some complaints about the WBCCI, and in particular about the international rally, are for matters that are evidently unavoidable. The evidence is the anti-rally.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
But it's the same old story, too. The Birthday Bash that the leaders are planning is located too far from a central area where more could attend. And it's smack in the middle of the wrong season, so people won't go. And only two days of the event are on a weekend, so those who work miss out on most of the fun. Does any of this sound familiar?
Lynn
You've got me wondering, so I've got to ask. Except for the weekend thing, and the fact that I can't control where you live (how far away you are), the wrong season (how is that - do you want it in December?) and it's FULL by the way, what else makes this sound familiar to a WBCCI event?

There will be kids here - like 50 of them!
It is sold out!
There will be a camp fire each night
It's being talked about and not kept secret
It's low priced
There aren't any meetings
No flag ceremony
No tuxedos

I'm working on the schedule.. I'll be adding things from midnight to 0600, 1800 - midnight, for both Satuday and Sunday... that way I get one whole more day from the weekend (packing 3 days into 2).... for those who are interested to get more fun out of the weekend ( ha - that's a joke!!!).

Ok, what else am I missing... we've got Antsy McClain playing.

Oh yeah - it's FREE if you're coming from 2500 miles or more.

There's a waiting list. Did I say the 79 spots sold out in 10 days

The hosts are not getting mileage reimbursements and the hosts are paying their own way!

There will be a clown for entertainment (at least one, maybe more - but one's professional)

There will be no bull pen.. well, there is a bull pen on the property, but watch where you step.

Fireworks - did I say fireworks, and you don't have to pay and get on a bus to go somewhere's else to see them.

A cool vintage radio display.

Steve, Frank, John, am I missing anything else?

Rob - one of the hosts!
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #84
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
You've got me wondering, so I've got to ask. Except for the weekend thing, and the fact that I can't control where you live (how far away you are), the wrong season (how is that - do you want it in December?) and it's FULL by the way, what else makes this sound familiar to a WBCCI event? ... Rob - one of the hosts!
Nothing else, as far as I know, but does that make the observation any less ironic?

Again, I'm as critical as others are of some of the things that the IBT does, especially concerning money. (I also think that Forrest's amendment has some real potential to change a lot of this.)

Lynn

PS: Did you folks know that you can use the same highlight+CNTL-K shortcut here to create links that is available in some of the common html editors?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #85
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
How much is it for how long? And of course there is no membership fees in advance.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #86
Mouse Nest Hunter

1961 28' Ambassador
Sherburne , New York
Quote:
Don't forget cooked to order breakfasts. Or the HUGE steak dinner that's being put on. Then there's the wine tasting courtesy of Happy Camper Wines. Guided fishing trip for any and all intersested. Of course, my 3 year old daughter is most looking forward to playing with all of the other little kids in the fields surrounding Rob's farm. Last year, the parachute that the kids played with for hours was a big hit.

John
Old 02-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #87
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Boy, this has taught me a lesson. Even if you are equally opposed to the insanity of the IBT's budget, don't say anything even remotely critical of the prevailing narrative. Duh.

Lynn
Old 02-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #88
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOwner View Post
Don't forget cooked to order breakfasts. Or the HUGE steak dinner that's being put on. Then there's the wine tasting courtesy of Happy Camper Wines.
Right John... I spent the whole week at the International in Madison and did not even smell food... much less find any included in the rally fee. Not even anything you could buy.

BTW Lynn, Gillette, WY isn't any closer for Rob than Plymouth, NY is for you. ... I don't know why you are taken aback, we are just answering your criticisms
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #89
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Steve, it was never about me and my locale, and you know it. Immature thrusts get you nowhere.

Lynn
Old 02-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #90
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:

Rob - one of the hosts!
Yes, Rob. You neglected to tell them about the 543 mile view to North Carolina.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #91
Mouse Nest Hunter

1961 28' Ambassador
Sherburne , New York
Smile

Quote:
Steve, it was never about me and my locale, and you know it. Immature thrusts get you nowhere.

Lynn
The Birthday Bash is unlike a big WBCCI event in a few important ways. Most importantly, there is an emphasis on family and kids. Older folks without kids will also be welcome with open arms and not just tolerated. Also, the event was scheduled when most kids are not in school. True, the International also takes place during the summer but it is not scheduled at that time to take advantage of the fact that people with kids will be able to attend.

There will be no "Pomp and Circumstance" at the bash, although there may be some food at the many Happy Hours that is presented with great flourish. No business meetings either, unless Frank or one of the 3 or 4 other trailer restorers happens to be approached about having some work done on a specific trailer.

Proper attire will have to be worn at the bash, I'm afraid. That means no cut off jeans in the swimming pool as they clog up the filter. You can swim in the pond with them, I suppose.

There will be no "Gold Row" parking available at the Birthday Bash. No matter where you park, you will run the risk of being awakened early by young children running around. They tend to do that, especially when the "adults" spend a late night at the camp fire telling stories and emtying bottles. That's just one of the pitfalls of camping.

You are right about a non-central location. This is being discussed, and right now there is a movement to have satelite "Mini-Bashes" take place simultaneously around the country. Marcus down in Austin,Texas is being recruited to host just such an event. I hear he makes a mean BBQ, too.

John (Immature Thruster)
Old 02-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #92
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I once again need to correct a co host, we not correct so much as clarify something....

There is No Gold Row at the Bash, however there is a GOLDEN #80 SPOT being auctioned off to raise money for our Charity Roots and Wings. Special treatment comes with this special spot in a special location for a sepcial person and it will be, well special.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #93
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:

Lynn
Lynn, as always, I am just stating fact... make of them what you will.

I do have to admit that with regard to you, I have no idea what "it" is all about.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote