Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #21
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
Unfortunately for us still in the WBCCI, our club has morphed into a quasi-hereditary aristocracy.
agree completely...

i think

and was worried you might suggest we have...

a poly paradigmatic conundrum in the works....

clearly sam provided the lubricant!

2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
Principles are a man's back bone

You're absolutely right Rob. More folks need to stand up for what they believe in and avoid all that useless talking.

Silence and peace can be the most powerful of messages.

The Airforums are a true community of Wally's legacy.

I hope that one day we can all ditch the WBCCI (AS club...) and be our own club separated from the manufacturer and their political reach.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #23
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
a poly paradigmatic conundrum in the works....2air'
i'm blushing now.

...tee hee.
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmickle
The officers of WBCCI don't seem to be listening to the members. Perhaps we can get their attention if more members do what robandzoe did (http://www.airforums.com/forum...n-24626-7.html, post 89) and cancel their reservation for International and let the office know that it is because of the motorhome and the Capetown to Cario caravan decisions by the Executive Committee and the IBT. Maybe we can get their attention.
What happened?!

There is no post #89 in that thread. Can someone explain here what happened for those of us who missed the action?

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
What happened?!

There is no post #89 in that thread. Can someone explain here what happened for those of us who missed the action?
Yukionna,

You leave for a minute and everything changes. We all took the thread off course and that post and others were moved here: http://www.airforums.com/forum...ion-31388.html
Come on over an join us.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
I don't agree with current direction but I'm going to International

I share the feelings of many of my fellow NEU members in regards to the proposed change to allow Four Winds or any non Airstream product into our club (just say NO).

I'm also disappointed in our leadership's decision not to support the Cape Town to Cairo Caravan (actually, I think they are being big dopes).

But, I'm going to International where I will be showing my 50 year old face and presenting my point of view to anyone I can capture/corner so that they know (I'm talking regular rank and file here) that the direction our leadership is going in does not meet the needs or expectations of "younger" members.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Actually in this case by boycotting the International you are saying I give up and you win.

Just the opposite should happen. Everyone who can attend should go and give them an earful. Let them know how you feel. Let them know you want the m out of office and why. Specifics not generalities get results. However you need to be heard.

I un-fortunately got the winter off and have to work until Thanksgiving.
We in the WDCU can vote no and not be at the International to do so. Unfortunataly we have to send the "short straw" to cast the vote.
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
thanks wkerfoot for the information. i will study it and try to make an informed and correct decision. i appreciate you making the effort to help me. blessings, cheryl.
airstreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:05 AM   #29
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
clearly sam provided the lubricant!

2air'
I'd say that's a bit of an understatement. more like the "muscle".
He was the "65GT" of pre-revolution Boston.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:08 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Stand Up or Stand Down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
I share the feelings of many of my fellow NEU members in regards to the proposed change to allow Four Winds or any non Airstream product into our club (just say NO).

I'm also disappointed in our leadership's decision not to support the Cape Town to Cairo Caravan (actually, I think they are being big dopes).

But, I'm going to International where I will be showing my 50 year old face and presenting my point of view to anyone I can capture/corner so that they know (I'm talking regular rank and file here) that the direction our leadership is going in does not meet the needs or expectations of "younger" members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe
I'm a LEO too! and my mind is made up! I'm just sick and tired of where all this has been, and is going, and maybe it's finally time to begin anew. I've spoken, let my unit President know my feelings, and asked him to send my concerns (my letter) on to our Region 2 President so that he knows how I feel. I am acting. I've written a letter, and am standing my ground and not going to International!
Two separate approaches, one shared frustration. As Jim said in the opening post, maybe we can get the IBT's attention. What do you think? Stand up at the International and line up at the speaker's stand and give them your opinions, or stand down, don't go and hit them in the pocketbook where it hurts?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #31
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Two separate approaches, one shared frustration. As Jim said in the opening post, maybe we can get the IBT's attention. What do you think? Stand up at the International and line up at the speaker's stand and give them your opinions, or stand down, don't go and hit them in the pocketbook where it hurts?
I would say stand up and line up.I don't think the pocketbook would hurt these guys too much.Not to mention it's the club that loses the money.A club I am currently a part of.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #32
Certifiable

. , .
I'm not going to the International this year. Even if it were for free I wouldn't go this year. GA in July is not how I want to spend my vacation time. Who's bright idea was THAT I wonder?

Nevertheless, I will be going to my unit's business meeting this year to vote and to let my unit know how I feel. So in a way, I guess you could say I'm letting my voice be heard AND hitting them in the pocketbook.

In a perfect world, however, I would prefer to go to a really cool place with a boat load of streamers and talk face-to-face with the powers that be. Bozeman next year, I think, will be my first International. I hope it won't be my last.

Another option to consider; one that I do NOT necessarily support, is to NOT go to Perry and have a rival "International." Show em how it can be done without all the pomp and circumstance. Send the IBT a picture with about 300-500 Airstreams in a field with everyone wearing RED berets. Crips and Bloods! My problem with this option is that it would finally put a stake through the heart of my struggling club.
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #33
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Blue, who's bright idea was it? It is the International President of the rally date that chooses, I believe. I inquired about the International date of the 4th of July. The reasoning was that the children are off for the summer and with the availability of air-conditioning Southern states could now host the rally and include more places. It is Wally's birthday and Canadian Day is celebrated. There exists a small range of dates in the constitution. Of course our Independence Day at the International is spent with many leaving or gone, much of the facilities and services are shut up already. As for children I don't think spending their vacation inside an Airstream trailer with air-conditioning or in a building sitting sedentary is the exprience one would select for their child. So I am with you about wanting to spend my time and money going to an interesting place at appropriate ambient temperatures.

I am certain a forums International Rally would be well attended and received by forum members. It should be done. It would be incredible! I think new forward WBCCI units and forums groups will and do merge on the rally sites. WBCCI and the Airforums are not rivals but allies.

photography
Old 04-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
As for children I don't think spending their vacation inside an Airstream trailer with air-conditioning or in a building sitting sedentary is the exprience one would select for their child. So I am with you about wanting to spend my time and money going to an interesting place at appropriate ambient temperatures.

I am certain a forums International Rally would be well attended and received by forum members. It should be done. It would be incredible! I think new forward WBCCI units and forums groups will and do merge on the rally sites. WBCCI and the Airforums are not rivals but allies.
I'm with you on this, Carol. There are many things that appeal about International -- the Silver City, meeting up with other Airstreamers in a big family reunion, seeing what others are doing with their Airstreams, but a southern location at the hottest time of the year doesn't make sense, especially not with kids! Also, I tried in vain from early on to find out what appeal there is for families with children at International and found nothing! The youth program is entirely centered around the Teen Queen pageant, which I wouldn't support even if my kids were at the right age -- a complete waste of WBCCI time and money in my opinion. In the end, I couldn't justify spending family vacation time or money on International. Instead, we're going on a trip west to see some of the great National Parks. Why set the dates around the children being out of school, when the International holds nothing for children?

I also agree that forum and WBCCI members joining up to make new WBCCI units is a win-win (IF the WBCCI survives the current IBT). There's so much Airstreaming energy and enthusiasm on these forums. It would be great to have that in WBCCI!
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #35
1983 Sovereign 31'

1984 31' Sovereign
Mount Olive , North Carolina
Come on now folks, how many chances are you going to have to go to a 50th?

I find it interesting that the American Revolution has been refered to in this thread. It also was about dissagreement with tyranny and taking a stand against what was wrong. Thank goodness our founding fathers stood up and took action and met the British head-on sacrificing in many instances all they had and many paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Anyone for a Perry Tea Party?

I don't believe the way to voice one's disagreement is by not showing, but understand why some feel they are doing the right thing.
I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who said as he was signing the Declaration of Independence..."We must all hang together or most assuredly we will all hang separately."
Everyone needs to voice their objections and/or support of this issue as well as the direction the WBCCI is taking.
I would like to think that what doesn't kill this club will make it stronger.

We are looking forward to attending our 1st WBCCI in "Hotlanta". Our first Rally was the Sarasota Rally and we enjoyed meeting all kinds of folks from all over.
We don't qualify for VAC yet, but are associate members and are looking to meet some of them as well as getting to know some of the Forums members who show.

Where is the Forums happy hour? (We missed the one in Sarasota.)

Mac and Linda
WBCCI # 3292 AIR#16287
Buckeye (Chesapeake Bay Retreiver)
1983 31' Sovereign (Carmen O)
2006 2500HD Duramax SLT CC 4x4 (Brutus B)
Mount Olive, NC 28365
"Pickle Capital of the World"
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #36
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
A Hotlanta Teaparty followed by the forums happy hour sounds good. Wish we had an organized "rebellion" as great as the Boston Tea Party. That line at the speaker stand is growing! Haven't heard about where a forums happy hour will be held either.

The Internationals are unique. Toot toot (that's my own horn ) I had an article in the March Blue Beret on how exciting they can be. I think you'll be glad you attend.

photography
Old 04-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #37
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Maybe if the speaker line is too long, there won't be time for a motorhome vote. Wishful thinking, I know, but it's a nice thought.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #38
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
It'd be cool if at the right time we had all Airstreamers stop what they are doing and get in line winding out the building and around the rally site and give them all numbers, just in case Don Shafer calls "time." I have this really big ship bell.

photography
Old 04-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Maybe if the speaker line is too long, there won't be time for a motorhome vote. Wishful thinking, I know, but it's a nice thought.
I am hoping for a long line at the open session and a solid vote against. I just feel sorry for the delegates who must sit through the comments, but not for the IBT.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
I started reading this thread, got a head ache. Now I think I'll find the "Why did/didn't you join WBCCI" and post why I didn't.
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote