Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #401
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Good luck to all of you who choose to fight. Ed, if you don't mind me stealing your line, this is a hobby for me.

Not to get off topic, but I spend my days arguing with my Chain of Command about really common sense things....today it was trying to keep a soldier, convicted of shoplifting from the PX (Post Exchange=mini mini mini mini WalMart), from coming back into our schoolhouse. For those of who aren't familiar with me, I'm in the Military Intel field, and we have to have a clearance, in order to hold our MOS (Military Occupational Specialty=job description). Now can someone explain to me how a person convicted of shoplifting, and having lost rank because of said incident, can hold a security clearance? I was told that we have to look past that incident and look at the Total Soldier Concept.

Again, good luck to you, who choose to stay in the WBCCI and fight. I just don't have the energy anymore, especially for a hobby I use to relax.

Godspeed

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #402
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Those that criticize the leadership of the WBCCI are not responsible for the negativity—it is the leadership that brings it about. They are ultimately responsible for what they do. Silencing members, former members, and observers, will not change anything for the better. As I have said before, we were interested in the organization until we saw what the money went for; we want reform, but have no time or money to make it happen. When we see results, we will reconsider. We wish the reformers success. Paying for the present type of leadership or encouraging silence perpetuates it.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #403
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Those that criticize the leadership of the WBCCI are not responsible for the negativity—it is the leadership that brings it about. They are ultimately responsible for what they do. Silencing members, former members, and observers, will not change anything for the better. As I have said before, we were interested in the organization until we saw what the money went for; we want reform, but have no time or money to make it happen. When we see results, we will reconsider. We wish the reformers success. Paying for the present type of leadership or encouraging silence perpetuates it.

Gene
Certainly, the actions of the leadership bring on the criticism, but what I am asking is that we have a respectful debate that leads to change. I don't want anyone silenced, especially those within the organization. And, what doesn't help those of us in the fight, is statements that turn away Airstream owners who might be considering joining. Everyone needs to make up their own mind.

The WBCCI offers much to many, and many of us feel the cost is worth the benefit. Just read Rick Luhr's recent post to see people having fun at International: Man In The Maze » Blog Archive » WBCCI International Rally, Madison WI. If one doesn't find anything in the club that benefits them, then I support their decision to withdraw. For those of us that do, we will continue to enjoy the benefits, and some of us will work to achieve the necessary reforms and save the oldest RV club in the Nation. I think that's worth doing.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #404
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCabin View Post
some of us will work to achieve the necessary reforms and save the oldest RV club in the Nation. I think that's worth doing.

Randy
It is worth doing. Some don't want to do it, but wish you well.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #405
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Randy, I certainly agree with you that a respectful debate is in order, which will hopefully lead to change, however how can you have such a debate, when those who are responsible for the negativity don't want to hear what you have to say? You might as well bang your head against a wall; you'd get the same result.

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 07-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #406
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
For the Soldier

like this??
Attached Images

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:40 AM   #407
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I'm with you Gene. I will sit back quietly and watch. When the few stop using the dues money of the many to benefit themselves. We might also consider joining, in the mean time we will just use what would have been dues money to camp and have fun.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:53 AM   #408
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
From one Doorgunner to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner View Post
like this??

Exactly. UH-1H, by the way. Mother Rucker 1994-1995.

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 PM   #409
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Leo Garvey suspended from WBCCI for expressing his opinion. Deju Vu on who follows these threads and who do not...
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #410
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Leo G suspended from WBCCI for expressing his opinion. Deju Vu on who follows these threads and who do not...

I can't say for sure, but in terms of Leo, I though it was for more than simply stating his opinion......of course I could be wrong, as I don't really follow this all that closely.....I have a life.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #411
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Some people have always felt they should have been a contender, just waiting for that special "opportunity" to give themselves some lift, year in, year out; 2008, 2010. And so it goes...

I am sue, I mean, so happy that Bob T., got reinstated, now for Leo to get reinstated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
True but the heart and sole of Airstreamers is here.

Just look at the traffic and number of posts here, in fact would you want to post on the WBCCI forum and run the risk of getting booted?

--------------------

It was my understanding that since he did not go the hearing in Ohio and defend himself he lost the right to appeal.

To appeal to the same people is useless anyway.

What I would like to see happen here is for Bob to sue the pants off WBCCI in Federal Court for things like freedom of speech and the ramifications of what they did as it relates to the US Constitution.

Also for the interpretation of the WBCCI by laws.

How would the WBCCI defend a Federal lawsuit the average cost to defend such an action is $100,000 -$300,000 in Federal Court.

How much money was reported in the WBCCI bank account at the last International Rally.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #412
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Way to much drama for me. Sounds worse than a HOA. I just wanna have fun.
I won't be joining. They did send me some nice promotional info in the mail.
Dan
Old 04-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #413
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Dan, This was 2 years ago, a lot has happen since then, the drama is overrated, and there are a lot of us changing the club. Check out the Oregon Unit on facebook, Oregon Airstream living. I'm not going to try to convince you to join if you don't want to but reading this forum does not give you a true picture of the WBCCI today IMHO. We are working for change to make it better not tear it down and that takes a little longer.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #414
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Thanks Blue Pearl, again I started reading without checking dates. I will check out the Oregon unit.
Dan
Old 04-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #415
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
It's easy to do, I've done it many times myself. Each unit is different, check out the north cascades unit, great bunch of people just out camping.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #416
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Blue Pearl, I have looked at several Facebook sites for WBCCI including the Oregon chapter and the North Cascades. It looks like you guys are having fun and thats what the experience has to be about. It looks like you guys are moving forward and doing well.
Every organization has growing and changing pains and sometimes they become so consuming that they tend to be what people identify the organization with. Getting a large group of people to agree on issues is almost impossible and often becomes toxic to everyone involved. People become polarized and defensive over positions and refuse to comprimise at all.Sound familiar, the Senate comes to mind. If fun or constructive gatherings become excercises in frustration and futility why join or continue to participate?
I would like to attend a rally this summer, become aquainted and take it from there. My expectations are that I will make some friends, have some fun and share some knowledge.
Dan
Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #417
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Is this the kind of reason people don't use their real names that often here on this forum?
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #418
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Eric H, I'm not sure what you mean???????
Dan
Old 05-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #419
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Is this the kind of reason people don't use their real names that often here on this forum?
HI, I can only speak for myself. I think your partly right, but most of us simply choose Avatars that are "inside humor". 99% of the people on this forum are good as gold. Very few - as in any large group - are JFN. (just ----- nuts)

When you meet someone in person you pick up a lot of cues that don't come through on a forum like this. Some topics here DO go toxic because we forget the civility we practice face to face. And sometimes even though we know it's stupid, we poke the beehive just to watch what happens! A better choice? Here are a few responses that are great to use with mooching neighbors, adult children who live at home, and people who generally think the world revolves around them.
  • now... why do you think this is MY problem?
  • and again... this would be my problem because...?
  • you're 24... so when DO you think you should be figuring out this stuff for yourself?
  • this problem is in YOUR life. If you refuse to get professional help... why do you expect me to step in?
  • if you want my help, ask me after you've started doing your part.
Paula
Old 05-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #420
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky View Post
Eric H, I'm not sure what you mean???????
Dan
Ha! Good question Dan... Yea, I was just wondering. There are a few boards that I'm a member of that require a real name. I've just always wondered if there was a reason behind the various names here (besides personal preference).
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote