Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #421
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
HI, I can only speak for myself. I think your partly right, but most of us simply choose Avatars that are "inside humor". 99% of the people on this forum are good as gold. Very few - as in any large group - are JFN. (just ----- nuts)

When you meet someone in person you pick up a lot of cues that don't come through on a forum like this. Some topics here DO go toxic because we forget the civility we practice face to face. And sometimes even though we know it's stupid, we poke the beehive just to watch what happens! A better choice? Here are a few responses that are great to use with mooching neighbors, adult children who live at home, and people who generally think the world revolves around them.
  • now... why do you think this is MY problem?
  • and again... this would be my problem because...?
  • you're 24... so when DO you think you should be figuring out this stuff for yourself?
  • this problem is in YOUR life. If you refuse to get professional help... why do you expect me to step in?
  • if you want my help, ask me after you've started doing your part.
Paula
True true. In general people are certainly sensitive, but I didn't know if it was something more sinister around these parts:-) Seems not!
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #422
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Eric, you're right. Nothing sinister here. I think most people prefer to remaim anonymous because it may be liberating for them to have this protection in expressing strong opinions they may otherwise feel uncomfortable with. Some people just pick out avatars because of interests or because they are cool. People will generally be much bolder in a setting like this than when the contact is person to person. I know I've been sarcastic and dumb on here in a way I would never be at say a barbque or any other gathering. When I first joined this forum I used my name only because it was the easiest thing to do. I was looking for quick information about my purchase and wanted it fast. Having given it some thought I would do it differently now, and may change it at some point in the future. I never imagined this forum would capture my attention in the manner it has. Hopefully very soon I'll be doing more camping than web browsing. Have a good season.
Dan
Old 05-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #423
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
As long as Bob's name keeps popping up, can anyone tell me what has happened to Bob and Harriot since 2010? I haven't heard a thing in regard to them or their activities or pursuits after reinstatement.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #424
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Hi Carol! I'm back!!!!

Long story short - Almost lost my legs in "10" but a excellent doctor who works with the Air Force from time to time saved them.
Then Harriett had kidney failure and now must have kidney dialysis three days a week (M-W-F) so our travels are limited. But we did make it to the lunchen in Florida (in2011) Took us two weeks to get there as we had to stop at certain locations for Harriett's dialysis. Then reverse the procedure to get back to Virigina. All that with the Airstream attached.

Harriett and I still belong to WBCCI (they haven't figured out how to get rid of us yet) and we have attended some rallies.. We like the Aluminaposa rallies and we keep one of our airstreams at Highland haven Airstr4am Park.

Talked to members of my unit and inficated that we were AGAINST the motor home motion. The International Rallies since Perry have been, in my humble viewpoint, poor - the poor attendance prove that. Even I could do better.

Have been sadden by the, in my "opin", poor leadership and their efforts to change the club and make it a motorhome outfit. No wonder they are losing members. Gee one sends in articles and it appears that if your name is bobT or Leo it doesn't get published.

Not to worry Virigina, there is a new club coming down the pike! No politics, No BS, just camping and adventure.
BobT

bob280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #425
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Bob! I am glad to hear that you and Harriett are so resilient and Airstreaming all the while. That indeed is good news! It just goes to prove that you can't keep a good man or woman down. I bet your group was thrilled you were able to attend the luncheon. You might tell some of these youngsters a thing or two about that kind of drive, perseverance and dedication. In fact you probably have a pretty good fan base among many of the officers of WBCCI. If you can't fight 'em, and of course you wouldn't want to join them, you can however set your sights to outlast them.Hope to cross trails again, Bob. Should be quite a crowd again at Alumapalooza. Thanks for coming back and giving us an update. Keep us posted.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote