Old 06-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #393
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Dear Bfred, $100,000+/- is not petty politics. Interfering in free election process is NOY petty Politics, nor are staggering membership losses, nor are unethical greivances practces / procedures, nor are various violations of the Club
Constitution petty politics.

It only because of these problems that people are now becoming (and expressing) their concerns.You see they have already grown up and are no longer sheep. We too (all of us who have spoken out) enjoy camping and caravans and hope that the delegates and/or the IBT on July 5 will start to correct these porblems so that the thouslands of us who are concerne3d can return to camping, rallies and caravans. What can you contribute to resolving the afore mentioned porblems. Let me know and I will help promote any iteas you have that will benefit the membership.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #394
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob280 View Post
Dear Bfred, $100,000+/- is not petty politics. Interfering in free election process is NOY petty Politics, nor are staggering membership losses, nor are unethical greivances practces / procedures, nor are various violations of the Club
Constitution petty politics....
Bob, I agree that these things are not petty, but I (for one) get tired of belabored, old news.

Lynn

Old 06-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #395
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Bob, I agree that these things are not petty, but I (for one) get tired of belabored, old news.

Lynn
Lynn

You seam to have a problem distinguishing between OLD NEWS and ONGOING NEWS. There will be an election this week that has censored a members right to run and all members rights to elect beyond a managed slate. Yes the original suspension of Bob T is last years news but it is still this years problem. Those in power hope and pray that we will consider this OLD NEWS and go away and if you are willing to go away please do but allow those of us that wish to continue the fight that right.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #396
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
To All,
Lest my post #412 be construed as mean spirited, it was meant for the powers to be.
Having served as a Twp.Trustee,School board Member and Union Local President. I don't have any fight left in me to argue about camping and traveling. We have attended many fun rallys that were organized by a couple of people without all the rules and policies of the WBCCI. Most former WBCCI members I talk to are completely turned off by the past and present infighting. We do support you all, but count me out.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #397
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
There are now parallel threads on the same subject. The other is: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ogy-46423.html

Gene
Old 06-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #398
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Well here's another Fred who got fed up with what he saw. When we were in Portland, getting a new water heater put in our Sovereign, in 2006, we went down to Salem to see what all the hubbub was about, concerning the International Rally. When we got there, we were just in time to see the vote on becoming the AOAI or EIEIO or whatever the heck they were trying to change the WBCCI to. Watching that process made me disgusted and I walked out, and Brooke and I decided to let our membership expire...we never even put the red numbers on our rig.

We, like bfred, don't need an organization to have fun with our family and friends, when we go camping. The WBCCI, I fear, will NOT realize that they have lost, are in the process of losing, and will lose more members or scare away those who have been thinking about joining, until they change their ways.

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #399
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Dear Freds,

I respect your decisions to withdraw from the WBCCI, but yours is just another voice silenced in the Units, Regions, and International at a time when we who are in the fight need all the support and help we can get. I ask that you be respectful of us and the WBCCI when you are off enjoying your camping experience with family and friends, and here on the Internet. What we don't need is negative statements that turn others off and scare them away from the WBCCI.

The real fun in the WBCCI is at the Unit level. That's where friendships are made and cemented. At our functions, some of us talk the politics of the organization, because we enjoy that and we are working within the organization for change. I tell everyone, "Do what makes you happy."

There is politics in every organization. Unfortunately, tradition and politics are having a negative impact on the WBCCI. Starting at my local level I have been working for change, and there have been some toes that I stepped on, but I'll shoulder on.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #400
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCabin View Post
Dear Freds,

I respect your decisions to withdraw from the WBCCI, but yours is just another voice silenced in the Units, Regions, and International at a time when we who are in the fight need all the support and help we can get.
Randy
That's what I been trying to say. Randy, thanks for putting it so clearly.

--Dave
Old 07-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #401
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Good luck to all of you who choose to fight. Ed, if you don't mind me stealing your line, this is a hobby for me.

Not to get off topic, but I spend my days arguing with my Chain of Command about really common sense things....today it was trying to keep a soldier, convicted of shoplifting from the PX (Post Exchange=mini mini mini mini WalMart), from coming back into our schoolhouse. For those of who aren't familiar with me, I'm in the Military Intel field, and we have to have a clearance, in order to hold our MOS (Military Occupational Specialty=job description). Now can someone explain to me how a person convicted of shoplifting, and having lost rank because of said incident, can hold a security clearance? I was told that we have to look past that incident and look at the Total Soldier Concept.

Again, good luck to you, who choose to stay in the WBCCI and fight. I just don't have the energy anymore, especially for a hobby I use to relax.

Godspeed

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 07-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #402
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Those that criticize the leadership of the WBCCI are not responsible for the negativity—it is the leadership that brings it about. They are ultimately responsible for what they do. Silencing members, former members, and observers, will not change anything for the better. As I have said before, we were interested in the organization until we saw what the money went for; we want reform, but have no time or money to make it happen. When we see results, we will reconsider. We wish the reformers success. Paying for the present type of leadership or encouraging silence perpetuates it.

Gene
Old 07-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #403
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Those that criticize the leadership of the WBCCI are not responsible for the negativity—it is the leadership that brings it about. They are ultimately responsible for what they do. Silencing members, former members, and observers, will not change anything for the better. As I have said before, we were interested in the organization until we saw what the money went for; we want reform, but have no time or money to make it happen. When we see results, we will reconsider. We wish the reformers success. Paying for the present type of leadership or encouraging silence perpetuates it.

Gene
Certainly, the actions of the leadership bring on the criticism, but what I am asking is that we have a respectful debate that leads to change. I don't want anyone silenced, especially those within the organization. And, what doesn't help those of us in the fight, is statements that turn away Airstream owners who might be considering joining. Everyone needs to make up their own mind.

The WBCCI offers much to many, and many of us feel the cost is worth the benefit. Just read Rick Luhr's recent post to see people having fun at International: Man In The Maze » Blog Archive » WBCCI International Rally, Madison WI. If one doesn't find anything in the club that benefits them, then I support their decision to withdraw. For those of us that do, we will continue to enjoy the benefits, and some of us will work to achieve the necessary reforms and save the oldest RV club in the Nation. I think that's worth doing.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #404
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCabin View Post
some of us will work to achieve the necessary reforms and save the oldest RV club in the Nation. I think that's worth doing.

Randy
It is worth doing. Some don't want to do it, but wish you well.

Gene
Old 07-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #405
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Randy, I certainly agree with you that a respectful debate is in order, which will hopefully lead to change, however how can you have such a debate, when those who are responsible for the negativity don't want to hear what you have to say? You might as well bang your head against a wall; you'd get the same result.

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 07-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #406
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
For the Soldier

like this??
Attached Images