Old 10-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #295
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
No kidding....let right be done!

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #296
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Great news that faithful servants of WBCCI are reinstated. But the fact remains that the mentality still is in WBCCI and it can and will happen again.
I ran into a Unit President that didn't even know these suspensions had occurred, that's how isolated and insulated the membership is from its national officers and they like it that way.
That way no one questions.
U all go ahead an send your money dues what ever U call it ILL KEEP MINE THANKS.

7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #297
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
2 things to note:

- The International President appointed the review committee.

- The letter will be posted in the Blue Beret.

There will always be some who oppose change or hold extreme views.

Common sense, willingness to discuss issues without rancor, and patience seem to be the best course.

Matt
Old 10-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #298
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Does anyone know these three members. Are they regional officers or member without office? Past something?

The thing was mean in the first place. Just mean. Their acknowledgement of that is appreciated. I wonder what the reaction from the IBT will be to this. Lets wait to see if it makes the blue beanie news.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #299
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
They are current Region Presidents from Regions 2, 3, and 11; all members of the IBT. Janie Lictfuss is a member of the 2020 committee and spent a lot of time (with Bill Schrader) listening to the VAC at Happy Hour in Bozeman.

Matt
Old 10-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #300
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Three cheers for the appeals board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
They are current Region Presidents from Regions 2, 3, and 11; all members of the IBT.
The Blue Book specifies that the International President appoints three members of the IBT to serve as the Appeals Board. These are the IBT members he picked, and they arrived at the right decision for the future of the WBCCI.

All of us who agree with this decision ought to personally thank them. Their email addresses are in the 2008 directory.

With profound relief,
Nuvi
Old 10-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #301
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
The way to complete the circle is for the grievance committee to resign - if they had any sense of shame. it is clear that they stemrolled themselves into an unjust action.

It is well that they reversed the action. However do-overs are not the same as acting responsibly in the first place. Clearly they are not up to the job.

I have decided to suspend myself for the coming year.

Pat
Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #302
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Pat - I'd rather see you as an active member, working to effect the changes Bob was advocating. The "outside" is not the place to do that.

I made a fun protest, but nevertheless a protest - I made my membership renewal check payable to "The Save Bob Thompson Fund". Our Treasurer didn't see the humor and asked for "a redo". I made it payable to the unit, but in the remarks area I wrote "In Protest". He accepted that. And all this before the reversal of Bob's suspension was announced.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #303
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Although this may not be the correct thread for these comments, the subject has been mentioned in this thread.

I can understand the objections to the primary color coats and the gold row parking, but I have no problem with both of these items. There were several times at Bozeman that I was glad that the international and region officers wore the coats. They were easy to spot when I wanted to talk to them about the overflowing dumpster at the VAC open house or to complain about the handicap lifts which did not work on the shuttle buses. In addition, if you wanted to talk to one of them they were easy to spot and if you did not, they were easy to avoid. The same goes for the parking, it is much easier to go down the row of international officers to find one at home rather than walking over the entire University of Montana campus searching for them.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #304
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Needless to say I am very happy for this action and for Bob.

That only leaves two more things to do.

1, Get Leo out of the line of fire.

2, Work as a team to change the rules that need attention. We need to do this by the rules en masse without anger or rancor. There is an excellant thread on the WBCCI Forums that worked together to prepare a needed rule change.

The EC7 have chosen to do whats best for the club and I commend them for doing that and proving that they are flexible. Clearly more needs to be done and together we can do it.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:03 AM   #305
2 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Centralia , Washington
All organizations make mistakes, and this suspension was obviously a huge mistake likely made out of ego and rancor.

That said, the mistake was acknowledged, rectified, and apologized for. A tremendous step I think for our club, and a clear sign that the club can change.

It is my hope that those who have left our club over this issue, or over other signs of an unwillingness to change and grow will reconsider those decisions, and will join the WBCCI once again; for everyone's help, and everyone's voice is needed for this positive step to turn into a positive trend.
www.cameron-bailey.com
73Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:05 AM   #306
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
I think this is a large step for the IBT. It is also a message to Mr. Franklin to "stand down". Very good news indeed. I am glad that cool heads prevailed.
Tom
Old 10-09-2008, 08:48 AM   #307
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping View Post
The EC7 have chosen to do whats best for the club and I commend them for doing that and proving that they are flexible. Clearly more needs to be done and together we can do it.
Not wanting to be a nit picker here, but the EC7--that is, the Executive Committee, which consists of International officers only--had nothing to do with overturning Bob's suspension. The only connection is that the International President, who is the head of the Executive Committee, picked the members of the IBT to serve as the Appeals Board. (For all we know the International President could have voted against the suspension when the Executive Committee originally voted on it.)

I do believe that it was wise of the International President to pick IBT members who could be expected to overturn the suspension, and I applaud him for that action.

We aren't out of the woods yet. Leo Garvey reports having mounted a spirited written defense in his grievance hearing. Hopefully the Ethics and Grievance Committee will follow the lead of the Appeals Board and decide against any disciplinary action. At this point the best thing for WBCCI is to put this chapter in history behind us and concentrate on making the club's future brighter.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #308
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
I guess Jerry Larson used the "C"(change) word after all. Is it just me or do the letters from the president in the Blue Beret inflame you also?