Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #281
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
I think they really believe that the majority are with them body, mind and soul. That they are defending a way of life from the threat posed by the members of some units that don't fall in line. In region one there is history to the New England Unit being see as making trouble. Members have fleed other units to join New England. The unit was blamed rather than what it was like to belong to the other units. Sound fimilar.

Well maybe the IBT is right. Maybe we who object are a small minority.

So how about sending an email to Cindy Reed, Corporate Manager
to share your gratefulness or disappointment in the direction the officers and IBT are taking the WBCCI. I would think that she would be an independent soul able to report to the IBT the level of interest in their efforts.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #282
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt View Post
NO: Even though there have been rumors about this for a couple of years which have been spread mostly by folks who are not NEU members our unit has no plans to secede from the WBCCI.

Michelle Plunkett
1st VP New England Unit 2008-2009
Region 1 Nomination Committee Chairperson 2008-2009
Actually I don't think there is any provision for this so it's a mute point. The Constitution states that the money and the stuff go to WBCCI if the unit disbands. Of course this could be changed by amendment but I think that would have to be aprroved by International.
Of course people are free to associate as they wish. I think it may be another one of those Amendment things that some people find so problematic; freedom of assembly. A new pattern of association has already started to take form. Forum rallies and attending rallies of other units like WDCU or NY and just going camping together without the baggage. The liklihood of these folks wanting to reinvent "clubness" is about zero.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #283
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59 View Post
Of course people are free to associate as they wish. . . A new pattern of association has already started to take form. Forum rallies and attending rallies of other units like WDCU or NY and just going camping together without the baggage.
I have noticed this phenomenon myself--successful WBCCI units coordinating non-WBCCI sanctioned events. These offer some advantages, including the ability to camp with friends who have already dropped out of the WBCCI (or maybe been tossed out!) and freedom from "the baggage".

Sort of preparing for "the morning after" the WBCCI is gone. . .
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #284
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
It certainly would help get the message across how widespread and significant the desire for changes is if they would only mingle and park and rally dispersed in the sections for the general membership. They could hear first hand the experiences and suggestions of others. Isolated at special invitation only events and parked amongst themselves with a direct jaunt inside to the buildings, then in special seating, I don't think they have much opportunity to hear from members but instead assign committees to deal with the public and bring back a synopsis.

They have heard but they disbelieve the scope and think it is only a small minority that wants change. Buffered in their clique, all is good and mutual admiration runs high as does satisfaction.
And IBT said, "Let them eat cake."
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #285
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1959 22' Flying Cloud
Bowden , West Virginia
Bob Thompson has been reinstated.
October 8, 2008
To: Robert E. Thompson II
Jim Franklin
WBCCI International Board of Trustees
President New England Unit
WBCCI International Ethics and Grievance Committee
WBCCI Headquarters

Subject: Review of Appeal Request from former WBCCI Member, Robert E. Thompson II #280

The Special IBT Grievance Review Committee was formed by WBCCI International President Jerome (Jerry) Larson, on September 2, 2008 to review the appeal request of Robert E. Thompson II. Written documentation was received from WBCCI International President Jerome (Jerry) Larson, Chairman Ethics and Grievance Committee Raynold Lemaire, Complainant Jim Franklin and Accused member Robert E. Thompson II.

All written documentation was reviewed and the following resolution has been determined.

The suspension of Robert E. and Harriett Thompson II is overturned.

The International Executive Committee is hereby directed to reinstate Robert E. Thompson and Harriett Thompson with no break in service and to publish these findings. It is recommended they be published in the Blue Beret and on the WBCCI WEB page.

The Review Committee would also like to apologize to Robert E. and Harriet Thompson II, the New England Unit President, Region 1 members and all WBCCI members for the poor timing of the suspension of Robert E. Thompson II.

All members are encouraged to voice their opinions and concerns, but they are reminded to do so using our Wally Byam Code of Ethics which includes “To be ever mindful of what we say or print with respect to the effect on others so as to avoid disharmony and ill feelings among club members”.

Sincerely

Julian Clements, President Special IBT Grievance Review Committee
Janie Lichtfuss, Member
Don McKelvay, Member
grannyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #286
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
A small step for IBT and big step for Bob and all WBCCI members.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #287
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Bob Thompson suspension overturned

This is wonderful news. Hopefully the Grievance Committee will accordingly dismiss the proceedings against Leo Garvey as well.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #288
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Good news!

That is wonderful news! It shows there are members in Leadership positions who are intent on righting the WBCCI ship and keeping it afloat. Congratulations are in order for all the members of the Special IBT Grievance Review Committee who had the courage and foresight to reverse the decision of the Executive Committee and to issue an apology to Bob and Harriet Thompson in the process. Job well done!
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #289
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Thumbs up

Great news!

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #290
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Wow!! I would like to think that they sincerely feel sorry for what they did. I do believe that they found out that we are indeed more than a few troublemakers!!! I know my membership is riding on this decision and that of Leo Garvey's. My check is still not in the mail.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #291
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
IBT & the dreaded "Reality Check"

I too wait upon the decision re: Leo Garvey, but this is great news!

The "small minority" of MAL-contents must have been much louder and much stronger than anyone in the IBT was ready for... And I wouldn't be surprised if Airstream Corp. itself didn't weigh in rather heavily - pointing out that IBT members weren't the ones buying new coaches and keeping the doors of the factory open.

I feel a Bob Dillon moment coming on - "for the times they are a changing" ...

I shall dominate my rather mean spirited nature and refrain from sending each member of the IBT a tube of Preparation H - to soothe the ache of having their collective sticks yanked out...

If Leo Garvey's suspension is also overturned I will immediately join the WDCU even though I will probably only be able to participate in a few rallies. (I will however embroider pink pansies on my beret - just a girlie thing - not "rebel without a clue").

Whoooooopie! Thank Goodness. It takes a lot more sea room to turn an aircraft carrier around than a sailboat... but I think the IBT carrier just did it's first hard left rudder in years. Now all we have to do is keep scraping the barnacles off the hull.

Paula Ford
Old 10-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #292
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
This is wonderful news. Hopefully the Grievance Committee will accordingly dismiss the proceedings against Leo Garvey as well.
Sort of takes the wind out of some sails...................................
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #293
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyred View Post
Bob Thompson has been reinstated.
WONDERFUL news!!!

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 10-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #294
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
This is great news. Congratulations to Bob Thompson and congratulations to the special grievance committee.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #295
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
No kidding....let right be done!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #296
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Great news that faithful servants of WBCCI are reinstated. But the fact remains that the mentality still is in WBCCI and it can and will happen again.
I ran into a Unit President that didn't even know these suspensions had occurred, that's how isolated and insulated the membership is from its national officers and they like it that way.
That way no one questions.
U all go ahead an send your money dues what ever U call it ILL KEEP MINE THANKS.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #297
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
2 things to note:

- The International President appointed the review committee.

- The letter will be posted in the Blue Beret.

There will always be some who oppose change or hold extreme views.

Common sense, willingness to discuss issues without rancor, and patience seem to be the best course.

Matt
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #298
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Does anyone know these three members. Are they regional officers or member without office? Past something?

The thing was mean in the first place. Just mean. Their acknowledgement of that is appreciated. I wonder what the reaction from the IBT will be to this. Lets wait to see if it makes the blue beanie news.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #299
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
They are current Region Presidents from Regions 2, 3, and 11; all members of the IBT. Janie Lictfuss is a member of the 2020 committee and spent a lot of time (with Bill Schrader) listening to the VAC at Happy Hour in Bozeman.

Matt
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #300
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Three cheers for the appeals board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
They are current Region Presidents from Regions 2, 3, and 11; all members of the IBT.
The Blue Book specifies that the International President appoints three members of the IBT to serve as the Appeals Board. These are the IBT members he picked, and they arrived at the right decision for the future of the WBCCI.

All of us who agree with this decision ought to personally thank them. Their email addresses are in the 2008 directory.

With profound relief,
Nuvi