Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Being that I do not read the Blue Beret, I cannot comment, but I can and will say that the link Robert Cross posted is exactly how it is taught to us in Nursing School. To quote my teacher, "Nursing homes are full of STDs, and they don't just walk in off the street if you know what I mean." The decline in cognition, and the thought of, "Hey, I haven't gotten anything yet at my age," often contribute to this risky behavior.

I am sure the BB posting really doesn't say the same thing, and talk about sex in a camping publication really isn't proper.

Anyone have a link to the offending material? j/k

Old 09-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Here: blueberet

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Being that I do not read the Blue Beret, I cannot comment, but I can and will say that the link Robert Cross posted is exactly how it is taught to us in Nursing School. To quote my teacher, "Nursing homes are full of STDs, and they don't just walk in off the street if you know what I mean." The decline in cognition, and the thought of, "Hey, I haven't gotten anything yet at my age," often contribute to this risky behavior.

I am sure the BB posting really doesn't say the same thing, and talk about sex in a camping publication really isn't proper.

Anyone have a link to the offending material? j/k

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 09-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #31
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Wow...those six lines are what this is about.

At my age...I feel like a new born baby...bald, no teeth, smell bad and in diapers....

At my age sex is hard...like trying to shoot pool with a rope.

Whats 40 feet long and smells like urine.....line dance nite at a WBCCI Rally.

No one is laughing AT anyone.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
Old 09-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
To quote my teacher, "Nursing homes are full of STDs, and they don't just walk in off the street if you know what I mean." The decline in cognition, and the thought of, "Hey, I haven't gotten anything yet at my age," often contribute to this risky behavior.
I worked at our county's long term medical care facility, aka nursing home. I have also worked with seniors in home care quite awhile. Respect for the individual is of paramount priority. And there are concerns in regard to seniors passing disease to other seniors. They just don't realize there is a risk involved. I also think Goin Camping stated the issue very well of knowing one's audience.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:56 AM   #33
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Blown out of proportion by the PC police and those looking to find fault with th WBCCI. jim
Old 09-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #34
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Having to belittle and ascribe other motives and make accusations to justify not thinking a joke about a deadly pandemic disease isn't funny is way off the mark and the point of this thread. It isn't about WBCCI, and it isn't about the posters. If you think it's funny laugh all you want. Enjoy yourself heartily. You might want to watch the People of Wal-Mart for some more kicks. There's a lot of humor in the world. Pick your poison and I'll pick mine. Viva La Difference, and I'm ever so grateful that there is a difference between us.

I think the club's issues are best addressed in separate threads but thanks for sniping. It shows you really care.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #35
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
This thread is about the WBCCI and the BB , look at the first post. It's just about as funny as all the old-age comments from some on this forum about the older WBCCI members and their lifestyles. jim
Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #36
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Yes and no. It is the treatment and sensitive subject matter of the joke that is at the center of the issue. It would have garnered similar reactions whether it was seen in the BB or another organizational publication that one might be a member of. People tend to want their organizations to represent and resemble their fundamental belief system or at the very least not to be in abject opposition to what one holds as a core value. It definitely struck a nerve and sent up flags for many who have responded. To vent that dissatisfaction and lodge a complaint could be seen as proactive and a desire to improve the club's image and interaction with its membership for increased satisfaction. A customer service employee or PR person would really come in handy in a situation like this.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
Stratford , Prince Edward Island
Send a message via Yahoo to macofpei Send a message via Skype™ to macofpei
Ok, normally I wouldn't bother to comment but-- OP-- did you read the complete "joke" or just see the part about AIDS and stop? The "joke" continued with-- walking aids (canes) hearing aids--- etc. It did not say or mean AIDS the deadly disease.
the word aid(s) has been around for a lot of years and can not be used only to denote the disease.
If, in the joke, an ' was added to change aids to aids' or aid's would have changed the whole preseption of the word and it's meaning ?
WBCCI #4782
"Southern Belle"
'03 Classic 30'
'10 Toyota CrewMax
Old 09-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by macofpei View Post
Ok, normally I wouldn't bother to comment but-- OP-- did you read the complete "joke" or just see the part about AIDS and stop? The "joke" continued with-- walking aids (canes) hearing aids--- etc. It did not say or mean AIDS the deadly disease.
the word aid(s) has been around for a lot of years and can not be used only to denote the disease.
If, in the joke, an ' was added to change aids to aids' or aid's would have changed the whole preseption of the word and it's meaning ?
Your argument would fly had they spelt it "aids" and not "AIDS". Their use of "HIV" in the joke also adds less credence to your argument. The content of the BB alone has been enough reason for me to not join the organization.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

1997 34' Limited
Oyster Bed Bridge , Prince Edward Island
keep shaking my head

hard to believe the author of the article thought that was funny. Geez, maybe she should take a trip to a cancer unit with people dying....I'm sure there are some funny antidokes there she could use!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Hatboro , Pennsylvania
I wont be able to sleep tonight after reading it
Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #41
Rivet Master

Well, I have to say even though my father died from alcoholism, I still find the t-shirt “AA Is for quitters” funny as all get out. I work with kids at a cancer camp and even they are able to joke about feeling like a pin cushion at times. I have asthma and have almost died from it, but still joke about breathing through a straw.

We’re all going to die from something, a joke has been created about everything and if you can’t laugh about the good, bad and the ugly in life you’re missing out.

Life's to short to sit around picking the fly crap from the pepper.

Enjoy,
Old 09-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
It sure would be nice if tasteless jokes were the biggest problem facing the WBCCI

99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Closed Thread