Old 09-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
FYI...

I said the October Blue Beret was now online.

And I also said that for $1,000 you could be their friend and be placed you on the "Friends of WBCCI" wall at headquarters. A contribution of $25,000 or more would earn you Wally's Gold recognition and you can even will it or write it up in a trust. And we all know that the WBCCI is all about friends and quality. I also mentioned how the article purported that the International Board of Trustees has worked very hard to keep membership dues low. I wasn't asking for any contributions just showing the million dollar club's lofty aspirations these days to those that might have otherwise been unaware and not interested in reading the BB themselves.

I also mentioned that the new members directory will be sent in the Blue Beret format and size to save money rather than the former index that we have been receiving in the past.

And I said that the editor's letters again promoted sob motorhomes.

What I didn't do was provide the BB online link, but it was posted directly before in my previous post and I thought it redundant to repeat it. But should you require it and still have missed it again, here it is one more time. blueberet

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:34 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Please tell me you made that all up Carol. There is no way members actually pay money for that.
It's true Frank. There are also several levels of recognition for various amounts given such as; Wally's Gold, Amazing Aluminum, Shining Silver and Nottaplug Nickel. Well OK, I did make that last one up.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
It's true Frank. There are also several levels of recognition for various amounts given such as; Wally's Gold, Amazing Aluminum, Shining Silver and Nottaplug Nickel. Well OK, I did make that last one up.
Glad you created the last one. I as feeling left out
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #46
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
Also, the prestigious Bucket O' Bauxite level.

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Howard E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
I, and from many accounts others, have always considered the Blue Beret a useless waist of a tree. With that in mind I would suggest we write the IP and or HQ and request to be removed from the mailing list. If I ever feel I have a need for anything that might appear in it it is available online.

If a number of members do that they might put the savings back into printing the Directory in a format that has a useful life expectancy.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Over the last few presidents' rein the BB has become a propaganda tool. The "president's message" on the inside front cover, was always intended to allow the president to put forward his agenda. We want to hear what he is thinking should be the way forward for the club, in his estimation. If he has some factual updates on what is happening, that is also welcomed. Some presidents have done that and also sent their electronic monthly newsletters to the local leadership, which sometimes distributed it to the mere members. Our current president has not made use of our fixed cost "Constant Contact" broadcast email system to continue this practice. I do not know why he does not want to communicate to the membership directly in a timely manner. The two month delay time for the Blue Beret make the hard copy of the president's message not capable of transmitting up to date data and news.

The Blue Beret "Letters to the editor" in my mind, were intended to allow the membership to speak and ask questions. Evidently, the president (editor) has decided differently. It has become a soap box for selected friends of the president to echo his words. There is no balance of opinions or coverage. It is like listening to Fox News 24 hours per day.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:44 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
Over the last few presidents' rein the BB has become a propaganda tool. The "president's message" on the inside front cover, was always intended to allow the president to put forward his agenda. We want to hear what he is thinking should be the way forward for the club, in his estimation. If he has some factual updates on what is happening, that is also welcomed. Some presidents have done that and also sent their electronic monthly newsletters to the local leadership, which sometimes distributed it to the mere members. Our current president has not made use of our fixed cost "Constant Contact" broadcast email system to continue this practice. I do not know why he does not want to communicate to the membership directly in a timely manner. The two month delay time for the Blue Beret make the hard copy of the president's message not capable of transmitting up to date data and news.

The Blue Beret "Letters to the editor" in my mind, were intended to allow the membership to speak and ask questions. Evidently, the president (editor) has decided differently. It has become a soap box for selected friends of the president to echo his words. There is no balance of opinions or coverage. It is like listening to Fox News 24 hours per day.
Or CNN or MSNBC? Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Yes I agree about the news media. It seems most of the major media have a bias. They call it their target market. People like to listen to what they want to hear and are not interested in listening to the other side.

I do not think the club magazine should take sides. I do believe the members have a right to express themselves and their views. The club needs to communicate more between all levels. I am not sure whether the leadership agrees. They did not participate that much when we had a club forum. The Region Newsletters rarely cover any controversial issues with their members. There is a very limited opportunity to openly discuss issues with the leadership and get back a meaningful reply.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #51
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
My e mail to Jackson Center was received and acknowledged. One less thing coming into the house wrap fish in but then again I don't eat fish so no lose

Hi Cindy

Would you please have my name removed from the Blue Beret mailing list. I have suggested that others do the same and that any savings be used to have the Directory printed in the original format that retains it's durability.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #52
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1971 18' Caravel
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater View Post
That's how I read it, too. What do they need the donation for? If there were some major project they were undertaking (say, rebuilding the HQ building) they needed to raise funds for, okay, but just general donations?

Kind of makes you wonder who's brainchild this one was. Boy, I can think of a whole lot of other organizations more deserving of a monetary gift or legacy donations: children's homes, food banks, American Cancer Society, Salvation Army, American Red Cross, USO, Wounded Warrior Project (any of the military veteran's support groups) or even PBS. This borders on disgraceful, that a club like the WBCCI would even promote something like this at a time when so many people throughout this country and the world are in need of basic necessities. And if you don't see the need to donate your money to a worthly cause, leave it to a greedy relative to enjoy! But don't waste it on an organization that insults its members and already squanders the money it's charged with managing. Talk about self-serving charlatans!!

Res nolunt diu male administrari.

WDCU Unit #170
Air #7085

TAC VA-4
WBCCI #2641
VAC
71 Caravel
69 Tradewind

My YouTube Channel
TWaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #53
Certifiable

. , .
Your Grand and Glorious Leaders want some gas money, honey!
Iggy Pop & The Stooges "Money (That's What I Want)" - YouTube
Old 10-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
FYI...

And I also said that for $1,000 you could be their friend and be placed you on the "Friends of WBCCI" wall at headquarters. A contribution of $25,000 or more would earn you Wally's Gold recognition and you can even will it or write it up in a trust.
Heck, perhaps I'll just give them everything now and let them deal with all of the crap I've collected during my life. Will that get my name on the wall?
Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1_U2XQ0bI
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:59 AM   #55
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Per the Blue Beret, there have been some really dedicated members who have actually donated to this fund. There are a larger number of members, who do not agree with the way the club has been run recently, and have withdrawn their support by not renewing their dues.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
The November BB is now online. The Presidents corner has the text of the MoHo amendment.

99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote