Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2004, 07:28 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Ron, did I say something about religion? Are you assuming that? Even though we probably qualify as "Old Farts," you will find out when you meet us in person just how interested we are in other's ideas. You see, the older we become, the more tempered we become by life. We are VERY different people today than we were, say, 25 or 30 years ago. In fact, we may be among the most "tolerant" people you will meet, although I reallly hate that word. It really means so little-implies nothing about empathy or compassion. Through the years, life's experiences have "beaten" us into some new ways of thinking that we didn't understand when we were younger. As I said, can't wait to meet you
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:22 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Wbcci

Last year we joined our local chapter and have attended most rallies. Each rally has some component that doesn't fit me or my family but that would apply to about any gathering I've ever attended. When we joined I was curious how we'd fit in or be accepted. My expectations were exceeded. All of the much older members were very appreciative of getting new and younger members and made us feel most welcome. My 13 year old daughter and 11 year old son have been "adopted" by multiple grandpas and grandmas and they look forward to meeting their "favorites" when we go to the rallies. I view this as part of my responsibility for helping them embrace the qualities and differences of different generations while learning to respect all. My kids and family are certainly richer for it all. If everyone was my age or marched to my same drum it wouldn't be any different that a weekend bbq at my house. I thought it was cool when my kids, wife and I put our right foot on the WBCCI carpet and took the oath. During meetings when policies and rules are discussed I usually sneak out and tinker with something....just not my thing. But watching my daughter help the older ladies with meals or projects, or watching my son interact with a WW2 veteran is invaluable. On balance for me, the treasure that this diversity offers my family exceeds the differences in activity level, interests, etc.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:28 AM   #83
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Talking Too funny!!!!

Quote:
I thought it was cool when my kids, wife and I put our right foot on the WBCCI carpet and took the oath.
I couldn't help bu think of... "Put your right foot in, put your right foot out, put you right foot in & shake it all about..." Can you imagine!!!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:50 AM   #84
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
I wonder, does anyone else do what I find myself doing? I must have typed out a dozen Quick Replies only to delete them, knowing how they would be read and misinterpreted without being there to explain in person. Am I the only one???
Absolutely. As a matter of fact in the interst of not being hasty, I rarely use the quick reply. I need to think about my answer, refer back to the post, reread what I wrote, make sure it won't be misconstrued, consider the demographics of the forum, and by then if someone hasn't already said it, then I post. Sometimes I post anyway, like this time, just to be heard. I try to avoid politics and religion, unless it is appropriate, just because some people are too thin skinned and it isn't worth starting an argument for argument's sake.

My keep-on-topic point: I'm sending in my new member membership dues for the new year today. This thread has been interesting, but hasn't changed my mind one way or the other. The WBCCI's problems are pretty universal for organized groups. I'm pretty confident that it will evolve and continue to grow. I got a note from our region's manager that there are 7 or 8 new members joining their group along with us in July.
mtpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 03:09 PM   #85
_

. , .
rereading..........or reading for the first time..........this thread

much of the insight here has been forgotten or ignored........

covered my the current piles of sh...........stuff.

since little in this thread is name change, but rather wb issues......

reading can remind......

of the bigger grind....

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote