Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dy2
42% of the WBCCI Executive Committee has no listed e-mail addresses. The 2007 Membership Directory, Blue Beret, and wbcci.org website were consulted. The following results were found:

President - Jerry Collins – no
1st VP – Jerry Larson – yes
2nd VP – Tom Collier – no
3rd VP – Norman Beu – yes
Recording Sec. – Dona Garner – yes
Treasurer – Lester Schmidt – yes
Past President – Don Shafer – no

If you look at the positions of Pres, VP’s and PP it is 60% with no listed e-mail addresses.

In the October 2007 Blue Beret “Welcome New Members” page, only 15.5% of new members had no listed e-mail addresses.

According to a Radicati Group study from the first quarter of 2006, there are about 1.1 billion email users worldwide.

In 2007 business large and small, non-profits and membership organizations are making great efforts to communicate with their customers and members. They want and need 2 way communications and one of the ways they get it is with email.

Email has become a very quick, reliable and easy form of communications for mobile people who are frequently on the road. Forwarded US postal mail could take weeks to catch up to our “on the road” leaders.

Any comments or recommendations to improve WBCCI communications?

dy2
WHO CARES?
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Without wanting to get into the "2muchHOTair" blowing in this thread I see that it has reared its ugly head like a rabbit out of a bunny hole .

Oh well, if you cannot have your way with an organization then you can always cyber abuse it until they give you some recognition you feel so desperately needed or stick your head back in your hole - any one would do.

Decline - yes maybe, the stats back up this assumption. It still does not mean that people should continually slam a group of volunteers who continue to provide a service to every Airstream owner, member or not, in their promotion of all things AIRSTREAM. WBCCI is not perfect, but with such a great history it would be a shame to see it go. Credit has to be given to an organization that is over 50 years old. I for one will remain a member - it's the only way to make an organization strong - to work from within.

safari57, great response, I doubt we will hear much from dy2. Or maybe we already have - SEE POST BELOW.
Gen Disarray, I agree - this forum is well managed. THANK YOU MODS
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:11 PM   #23
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
WHO CARES?
Quote:
WHO CARES?
Quote:
WHO CARES?
Quote:
WHO CARES?
Quote:
WHO CARES?
you know you do dodo...

also be informed that including complete long post quotes in a reply that's only 2 words...

is specifically prohibited as detailed in the genevaemail convention...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:20 PM   #24
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by who?
Without wanting to get into the "2muchHOTair" blowing in this thread I see that it has reared its ugly head like a rabbit out of a bunny hole .

Oh well, if you cannot have your way with an organization then you can always cyber abuse it until they give you some recognition you feel so desperately needed or stick your head back in your hole - any one would do.

THANK YOU MODS
moi? must be, since the o.p. does none of this...

such hostility! i'm pretty sure the wb notebook of rules has a statement or 2 on this issue, where is my copy...

leo, paging leo...

oh boy i see edits coming...

visualize whirled peas.

2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
you know you do dodo...

also be informed that including complete long post quotes in a reply that's only 2 words...

is specifically prohibited as detailed in the genevaemail convention...

cheers
2air'
dear me 2air,

ok, more than two words...

i don't give a ****...

WBCCI 1808
VAC 1808

kevin
Old 10-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #26
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I need to get you two guys together at a rally.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
richard,

we would get along just fine...

kevbo
Old 10-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #28
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
richard,

we would get along just fine...

kevbo
I am sure, maybe 2'air can make the Dead Horse reunion this year?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #29
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
I am sure, maybe 2'air can make the Dead Horse reunion this year?
azf' and d'cowboy...

i reallyreallyreallywannarideindeadhorse2...

just don't wanna jinx it and go 0 for 3 in the az' league...

so i'm working on my swing and followthru....

and hopin'

2air'

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'cowboy
...we would get along just fine...
b4, during or afta the libations?

Old 10-21-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Hi guys

I know the moderators do an outstanding job and it's reflected in the quality of this Forum. There's none better that I've found. I've not been shy about stating this in the past and will continue to. They work darned hard and for nothing but the knowledge that they are doing a good job.

But I say it again, DY2 made a conscious decision to not put any information in the Members Profile - and actually look at what that person did input. Then the first post, rather than some form of introduction of any sort, is to bring up an issue the WBCCI exec. I smell hidden agenda here. Post absolutely nothing about yourself but raise issues with WBCCI execs who don't post their email addresses for public consumption? What's wrong with this picture?????

The ability for people to hide behind email - and on Forums - is a very real issue. This very thread is reflective of what can happen - it sure got a lot of people expressing themselves but for what gain?

Of course DY2 could come forward now and start contributing to this thread in a meaningful way, fill out their Members Profile, and let us know why the fact that a bunch of people do not publicize their email is reason to cause distress here, and why just picking up the telephone is such a hardship.

Or, we could give our collective heads a shake, realize that someone is playing with our minds, and go back to our campfires and promise to not let ourselves be lead down a path like this again - until the next time, of course.

Barry
Old 10-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Hi guys

I know the moderators do an outstanding job and it's reflected in the quality of this Forum. There's none better that I've found. I've not been shy about stating this in the past and will continue to. They work darned hard and for nothing but the knowledge that they are doing a good job.

But I say it again, DY2 made a conscious decision to not put any information in the Members Profile - and actually look at what that person did input. Then the first post, rather than some form of introduction of any sort, is to bring up an issue the WBCCI exec. I smell hidden agenda here. Post absolutely nothing about yourself but raise issues with WBCCI execs who don't post their email addresses for public consumption? What's wrong with this picture?????

The ability for people to hide behind email - and on Forums - is a very real issue. This very thread is reflective of what can happen - it sure got a lot of people expressing themselves but for what gain?

Of course DY2 could come forward now and start contributing to this thread in a meaningful way, fill out their Members Profile, and let us know why the fact that a bunch of people do not publicize their email is reason to cause distress here, and why just picking up the telephone is such a hardship.

Or, we could give our collective heads a shake, realize that someone is playing with our minds, and go back to our campfires and promise to not let ourselves be lead down a path like this again - until the next time, of course.

Barry
START YOUR OWN FORUM.

JUST SAYIN'

KEVIN
Old 10-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Tempest in a teapot. Who cares about the original post anyway?

Move along. Nothing worth seeing here.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:16 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I confirmed via E-mail to WBCCI HQ (Cindy Reed) that the majority of the officers do have e-mail and HQ is routinely using it to keep in contact with the officers. Why all the e-mail addresses are not published is their personal decision.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:10 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi
I confirmed via E-mail to WBCCI HQ (Cindy Reed) that the majority of the officers do have e-mail and HQ is routinely using it to keep in contact with the officers. Why all the e-mail addresses are not published is their personal decision.
Thank You for the updated information.

Mike
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:51 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Oops

Wow, I just read my responses to this thread. I'm not quite sure why it got me so worked up, but in retrospect I clearly stepped over what was warranted with my replies. No excuses on my part - I clearly had the brain disengaged at the time. My apologies to anyone I may have offended.

Barry
Old 01-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Evergreen , Colorado
Good post CB,It helped me think about it.
Allen H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:42 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
WARNING: This post may contain physcological controversy, reader's discretion is advised.
I like your post CB. Email in itself is no guarantee anyways that you'll get a response. I emailed a couple of weeks ago inquiring into how to become a life member of Wbcci, I haven't heard back yet so plan B is to follow up with a phone call, no big deal.
I think Janet, one of the moderators, is on target when she said it's probably a generational thing. Kids today don't think we're hip and "with it" unless we we're into X boxes and talk gaming lingo. I myself prefer using the phone over email. I come from a very high tech military electronics background but it wasn't until just last week that I even bought a MP3 and started using it, see I didn't even get an IPOD. I don't even have a flat screen TV yet. Why should every one be expected to be using the lattest and greatest, use what's been time tested and proven to be most reliable I say.

Next thing you know people will be complaining that Wbcci leadership doesn't text message! Hey, wait a minute, that gives me an idea...!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:49 AM   #38
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
My apologies to anyone I may have offended.
Barry
Well dude, it's like the theme in "Love Story", "Love is not having to say your sorry." It's time for a virtual group hug!