Old 04-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #15
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post

Anything posted here can be responded to by any member of this forum, correct?

Maggie
Yes of course, but non members don't have the same interest in its involvement or out come.

or..

No dog in the fight!

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Yes of course, but non members don't have the same interest in its involvement or out come.

or..

No dog in the fight!
Okay, I'll agree "no dog in the fight", but "interest" is a purely subjective experience.

Maggie

Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #17
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
The question then becomes "What exactly IS the interest". Being as some posters to this thread are defenders of WBCCI who have not believed enough in the club to ante up the $$ for a membership, I am led to believe that the interest is solely for derailing the efforts of others. It is incongruent to not ante up a membership but pretend that you are a full member in good standing and certainly good graces.

To anybody reading this thread – there are some who are participating for no other purpose than to derail and discredit others on this thread. The post that started this thread should be reread and commented on, not the validity of comments from someone with no dog in the fight.

That is my personal viewpoint….
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
It's interesting how the vocal opposition posts something controversial where there is clearly another side to the story (and they know this), but in fact when ANYONE posts the other perspective of the story, that person gets jumped by 3 or 4 or more of you.

I've talked to a number of you offline and there are a few (and I mean a few) of you who make great points and can articulate those points clearly, even if I happen not to fully agree. Some however will stop at nothing, and I mean nothing to try to stifle, confuse and cloud the issues where any other opinion that runs counter to theirs is presented. To further try to discredit, folks are called names, said they are not members, etc, etc, etc. This is nothing more than sensationalism and grandstanding at it's best.

Just when did the Airstream community become so nasty that we can't respectfully disagree without slinging unrelated things into the subject and make this so personal?

I stand by my comments (which by the way are directly in response to the theme of the thread) that the emails collected by WBCCI are most likely the property of WBCCI in complied format, and any use of the email addresses from said format, from the WBCCI for WBCCI business or otherwise would in fact need permission if used outside of umbrella of authority. If but nothing else this is good netiquette. This question of use is not exclusive to WBCCI either, but you all fight the good fight. Call me whatever you will, this will not change anything and only further detract from the theme of the thread.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Air Apparent.
You need to add the Denver Unit to the same breath as WDCU etc, we aren't comatose.
Buttercup, as for what the first post statesfor me, its frustrating, and seems the only way to make a point with the "big shots" is to do something out of the ordinary. Otheewise, its business as usual, I guess.
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Airforums.com has some nice features. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f318...tem-57677.html

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #21
Rivet Master

OK, message taken, I will just log out. sorry for adding my 2 cents.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #22
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
Air Apparent.
You need to add the Denver Unit to the same breath as WDCU etc, we aren't comatose.
Buttercup, as for what the first post statesfor me, its frustrating, and seems the only way to make a point with the "big shots" is to do something out of the ordinary. Otheewise, its business as usual, I guess.
I think it has been frustrating for many members - for many years. I am one of the vociferous ones and I know my position can rub some people the wrong way. The thing is I have been involved in successful, growing organizations and I have been and am now involved in organizations that are crumbling away to nothing.

The successful groups are those that market for membership and have an aggressive public outreach system. They operate lean and trim (which you must do these days) and best of all, they have programs that meet the needs of the varied demographic.

WBCCI does not do that from my observation. More focus is given to perpetuating the existing hierarchy than marketing for members. Collateral reflects an organization stuck in the '70s for the most part (the BB's format has not changed for years and years). Efforts to modernize are guided by people who are painfully unqualified in the areas they are charged to modernize and overall, the organization is so top heavy in expendatures that the only way it can see to solve the mess is to just raise the dues - that is a self-defeating move if you ask me.

To me the president's message is nothing short of another sweeping of the vocal minority under the rug. But I may be wrong - we'll see how renewals go once that dues increase kicks in.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 04-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
OK, message taken, I will just log out. sorry for adding my 2 cents.
This is a general message that is not directed at any one person. This is simply an option available to anyone that does not want to see a thread or a posting by a member.

I will normally quote a member if it is directed to them.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #24
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Thank you, Lee.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Thanks Lee I get so tired of seein the BS I could just Puke.
I do make full use of that new inovation.
Thanks Lee
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Silvertwinkie,

No name calling from my end. I did not know you were a moderator over on the WBCCI forums and not a member of the WBCCI since I don’t keep up with everyone on the different forums. I was just asking if it was true and how did you get to become a moderator without being a WBCCI member, it seemed strange to me if it was in fact true. Based on you post, it appears that it must be fact.

With that said,

Based on your post, the question becomes “What is WBCCI business?”

Let’s say that I sent out an email using the same list asking members to join me at the International Rally would that be OK? How about sending out an email to everyone in a Region asking them to join us at the Region Rally. Would that be considered by the IBT President:

Using membership information in this manner is a direct violation of WBCCI’s policies and is subject to legal action."

I could say that contacting members via email addresses “provided” by them to be contacted by about a subject dealing with the WBCCI “IS” WBCCI business. No matter what that business is about. If we are “not allowed” to contact other WBCCI members via the email addresses they have provided, why even have them in the membership guide?

Now if those same email addresses were used to send out an email asking them to buy “Amway” products from me, I would fully agree with the Presidents point and you. But they weren’t.

Bottom line, I think it’s not so much that the email addresses were used but more so “why” they were used is the problem.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #27
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
My guess Paul (and btw my comments were not directed at you) would be that if you asked and it was approved, yes, it would be fine. Fact is that the email sent was not as benign as your examples were. They were in fact a solicitation for funds and/or participation taking compiled WBCCI info and from what I can tell (as best as an outsider looking at the issue) that at no time did any of the responsible parties ask for permission to harvest the data and use it for their own agenda.

We're simply splitting hairs here. In place of Amway, folks are putting "defend wally"...IMHO, it's really the same. If folks used it to say hey, let's meet for a WBCCI rally, I'd agree, it would be hard to push that one, but we're not anywhere near that example from what I can see.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Silver Twinkie....