Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
You may also find many units that list their future events as TBA rather than give any specific details. My former unit and then also the next unit I tried in the same region had none or at most non unit specific activities listed, if at all, often citing state or national events in leu of unit activities. Listings each month in the Blue Beret or online on the WBCCI site had little to nothing listed regularly throughout the year, every single year. That being the case and attendance open to all makes dues a very discretionary and voluntary option. Unless you have either too much money or too much exuberance proper procedure is easily set aside. Failure to update WBCCI data entries is not necessarily a touch stone of activity or inactivity for the group but more a statement about the impetus and significance, or lack thereof, in following former protocol pragmatically as in the past. There are many gregarious groups of Airstreamers easily accessible online these days. While WBCCI has not raised the bar, alternatives have grown and continue to compell people to join their ranks while the WBCCI continues to show dwindling numbers in membership.

I think individuals that oscillate between what they offer and what they deliver are far more detrimental than the adversary that makes his stand and issue known and remains firm to his beliefs. The membership can then make their own choices through elections. Whereas the other creeps forward in treachery and unseen backroom deals that blindside and undermine the promised agenda that subverted others to abandon their resolve. I respect Don S. whether I agree or disagree with what is his opinion.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
If headquarters wanted to get information to me they would have no problem finding my email. I do not know why you cannot.

Rhonda Asselin
WBCCI #7390
Metro Detroit Unit President

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
The units listed below (25% of the clubs units) have no or inactive emails, for their UP or 1st VP, which means info can not be filtered down to its members from HQ.

Please ask your unit to update their info with HQ

172 TEXAS HIGHLAND LAKES

158 NASHVILLE MUSIC CITY TN

151 MO GRTR OZARKS

137 METRO-DETROIT MI

138 NORTH CASCADE WA

131 AL-MON-O PA

128 LOUISIANA ACADIANA

120 ALBERTA SASK

115 APPALACHIAN UNIT OF WV

116 WISCONSIN

095 TENNESSEE

079 CLEVELAND OHIO

068 WATCHUNG NJ

069 NEW MEXICO

070 BERKSHIRE NEW YORK

63 NEVADA

058 GREATER ST. LOUIS MO

046 IOWA

040 INDIANA

035 IDAHO

026 DELMARVA

025 CHARTER OAK CT

016 SAN FERNANDO VALLEY CA

009 HEART OF TEXAS CAMPING UNIT

002 NEW YORK FINGER LAKES
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Not True.....

Quote:
The units listed below (25% of the clubs units) have no or inactive emails, for their UP or 1st VP, which means info can not be filtered down to its members from HQ.

116 WISCONSIN

They have mine, it is also listed on the WI Unit Website.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
If a unit is listed, it means the e-mail sent to the accounts that Jackson Center provided (for UP and U1VP) we're bounced or unopened. We would like to make sure those units get the communication.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
If a unit is listed, it means the e-mail sent to the accounts that Jackson Center provided (for UP and U1VP) were bounced or unopened. We would like to make sure those units get the communication.

Corrected!
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Our Texas Highland Lakes President confirmed with JC that they have the current email addresses for herself and the membership chair. If you could not get our email address from JC, you aren't looking properly.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #27

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
If a unit is listed, it means the e-mail sent to the accounts that Jackson Center provided (for UP and U1VP) were bounced or unopened. We would like to make sure those units get the communication.

Corrected!
The "or unopened" stipulation makes me wonder...

It's possible that they're operating under the assumption that everyone has listed the constant-contact email address as a trusted sender and displays internet content in the message... ConstantContact "hides" a 1-pixel image in their emails so they can tell when the particular message is opened, IF the program opening it is allowed to display internet content. Most modern email clients do not do so by default unless the sender is on your safe list.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Quote:

131 AL-MON-O PA
I live in the 131 AL-MON-O PA area. But I chose to join the WDCU and I'm a associate member of the Penn Wood group. This do to the inactivity of the AL-Mon group. The Al-Mon group is now having a rally at Penn Wood.

Ace in PA
WBCCI 2169
TAC PA-1
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #29
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
The "or unopened" stipulation makes me wonder...

It's possible that they're operating under the assumption that everyone has listed the constant-contact email address as a trusted sender and displays internet content in the message... ConstantContact "hides" a 1-pixel image in their emails so they can tell when the particular message is opened, IF the program opening it is allowed to display internet content. Most modern email clients do not do so by default unless the sender is on your safe list.
According to CC, I found that only on "Outlook" if images are turned off it is an issue.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
As with every means of human commutations, up to and including face to face conversations, there are all manor of reasons why people don’t get the message.

Even in a face to face conversation they may not get the message. There personnel agenda may just blocks you out. As the level and complexity of the type of communication expands the percentage of incompletion of the transfer of information also increases.

With e mail we have introduced or are confronted with several types of road blocks that recipients may chose to use or are victims of such as blocked sender, allowing their server to overflow, typing errors of the addressee, ignored second and third dummy address we give out, and just plain lack of usage by the recipient.

As one who has sent out several mass e mailings to the general membership I can attest that a significant number of those e mails were never opened or returned as bad addresses. It is not a perfect system; then again there is no perfect system. However it is a very good system for those who chose to use it. It is clearly faster and cheaper than the previous mailings that in its selves were only partially effective.

Rather than charging Jackson Center to FIND a given member through some form of investigation I would assume any Officer interested in completing his or her responsibilities towards their members would insure that their address was correct and more importantly use the system.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote