Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #121
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Lynn, we're in the proof reading phase,
if I were to say anything date/time wise I'll be chastised if it's a minute more.

So I'll only say the committee is working on it, ASAP

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #122
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Thumbs up joint statement from Norm Beu & Patti Reed

Friends

Prior to the Mid-Winter IBT Meeting at Robstown, TX last month, a Seminar Pre-Meeting was held for general discussion of motions to be presented later in the week. Participants included all members of the WBCCI IBT and Parliamentarian. It was agreed that motion 5 (Revised), submitted by Dan Neumarkel, Region 11 President, would be withdrawn after much discussion. This discussion was most helpful in explaining and resolving irregularities associated with submission of a proposed Constitutional amendment by the Denver Colorado Unit.

Following the Mid-Winter IBT, Patti Reed, DenCo Unit President, and I had an exchange of emails and phone calls. We have developed a detailed procedure which will move that Unit's proposal forward in a manner consistent with the Club's Constitutional requirements. She and I are of one accord. The required report from the Chairman, Constitution & Bylaws Committee is being written, and a standardized ballot with instructions for Unit Presidents is being prepared by Cindy Reed, Corporate Manager.

The purpose of this joint statement is to inform the WBCCI membership that a workable plan has been developed, and those procedures are underway.

Norm Beu
President, WBCCI

Patti Reed
President, DenCo Unit

Old 02-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I am glad to hear that. If I have been following along correctly this will be sent to all the units to vote upon...(Forrest's amendment) and if the majority of units or regions or units in a region (???) accept it it is in.

We don't know when each unit will receive this.

We also are expecting each unit to receive a replacement constitution (?) or a motion to accept one. And we don't know when to expect that. Both should be coming shortly.

From what has been said here on the forums is that delegates are eliminated in the new constitution. So it would appear to me that units will need to accept one or the other and to expect that one will negate the other if accepted. Is that a reasonable conclusion upon my part?

It would have been clearer perhaps had the business been addressed, including the report refused by the C&B committee chair by the leadership at the mid-winter meetings in time for questions, and discussions and ETAs could have been given for the units to receive their paperwork. Both orders of new business will require unit discussion, time to assimulate the information and make possible inquiries and a vote to be taken at their spring or specially designated meetings before the International.

Thanks for the announcement Bob. I think many are relieved to hear of this outcome.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #124
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
This "accord" was a compromise. We had no other recourse after what happened at the Mid-Winter IBT.

I don't want to jinx the agreement by releasing details at this time. We have to wait for the C&BC report before anything else can be done. If and when that happens, the Units in Region 11 have to vote again, because their first vote didn't count (no C&BC report to guide them).

I believe the Colorado West Unit has folded, and the Wyoming Unit doesn't have meetings very often. So, it might be quite some time before the motion is certified again - maybe Fall 2011? I could be wrong. They might be so fired up about this that every unit will hold a special meeting. Even so, then all the other Units in the Club will have up to a year to ratify it.

Anyway, DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH! And don't be so "relieved," two small consessions are not much of a victory for the membership.

Forrest

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #125
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
So, it might be quite some time before the motion is certified again - maybe Fall 2011?
If the "new, improved" constitution is adopted in June, then the amendment is moot anyway.

And since we haven't seen the new, improved constitution, we have no idea what provision, if any, it has for amendments.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #126
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I didn't realize that you had to start over entirely from the announcement that was made Forrest. What concession has been made if you are beginning anew and still without Don Shafer's recommendation that he said he would not give? The workable plan is merely a "do over?" What constitutes compromise on both sides Forrest?

No other choice? What about bringing charges against the IP and the whole of IBT? How about every one request refunds and hold a celebratory rally in leu of the International? Or what about removing the current leadership for not upholding their duries to the membership?

Just when is enough enough? Is this club's membership something any of the mere members want to buy into anymore? Runaway leadership has ruined the WBCCI. They should be ostracized without further fanfare. With the exception of the VAC and their relationship within the WBCCI there are zero benefits for mere members. Even the intraclubs could easily break away and let the anchor sink...
Old 02-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #127
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
I think Patti is hoping the motion can be certified and sent out to all the other units in the Club prior to the International rally. Realistically, I don't think that will happen. And I do believe that delaying the DENCO motion was the main tactic. It is seen as competing with the C&B revision committee's goal.

Look at it this way, the DENCO motion seems pretty benign compared to an entirely new Constitution and Bylaws. So, the DENCO motion wouldn't be seen as a yes or no, but as an attractive alternative to something written and developed in secret, that went beyond its mandate of streamlining the bylaws and that has all kinds of unpredictable consequences.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #128
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
The workable plan is merely a "do over?" What constitutes compromise on both sides Forrest?
I understand your consternation. I am angry, tired, disillusioned, and cynical as a result of everything that has transpired. But this is exactly why I have to let go of this.

It has eaten up too much of my life, and really, it hasn't been worth the effort. Likely, it is all in vain. I have little love left for the Club.

But Patti Reed still loves the Club. So, I have to respect what is best for her and the DENCO unit and support their desire for a political "accord."

And yes, this will be mostly a "do over." I want to wait until the details of the accord are 'officially' released before commenting on them any further. Immediate past experience has shown that what is said can be quite different from what is done.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #129
Rivet Master

They (IBT/EC7) are playing the system very well. Have it go back to the Region/Unit and start over. Vote in a new Constitution at the International Rally making all the the work Forrest/Patti not worth the paper it is written on since all the numbering, wording, etc... is likely to be changed in the new Constitution and maybe even how changes can be brought forward from the Units/Regions. Which by the time you figure it out, another year will have gone by pushing it out to 2013. During that time, the IBT/EC7 votes in the ability to bring on SOB MOHO, even more members leave, and the will from the Units to make changes is crushed and they are left in control of the club with their new MOHO buddy's.

You wait and see.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #130
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
So the compromise is to allow the Denver unit to resubmit, which they could have done anyway?

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #131
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Forrest,

I received Norm Beu's letter by Constant Contact this morning. It is now out, any additional comments on the details of the compromise?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #132
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
No cigar, wrong again!

Old 02-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #133
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
who's wrong? You should seriously consider adding information to your posts.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #134
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
What happens when you get fooled for the SIXTH time Forrest?
What some of you might not be taking into consideration is that this controversy has created real health issues for some of our members. Several people in my Unit have reported feeling physically ill. Others have had difficulty sleeping, are suffering from depression, anxiety, high blood pressure. One has stated he isn't healthy enough to deal with it. My wife is a stroke survivor, but still has health issues and this battle has had a detrimental effect on her.

Some of you are at war over the club, and I understand, but it isn't right to drag others into the fight when they can't handle it. So, like it or not I accept the accord. People are more important than rules.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #135
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Forrest,

I received Norm Beu's letter by Constant Contact this morning. It is now out, any additional comments on the details of the compromise?

Bill
The accord should be a written step by step itemized procedure. I've seen what Patti proposed to Norm, but I haven't seen Norm's. If you have it, could you post it?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #136
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
WBCCI Change or Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
They (IBT/EC7) are playing the system very well. Have it go back to the Region/Unit and start over. Vote in a new Constitution at the International Rally making all the work Forrest/Patti not worth the paper it is written on since all the numbering, wording, etc... is likely to be changed in the new Constitution and maybe even how changes can be brought forward from the Units/Regions. Which by the time you figure it out, another year will have gone by pushing it out to 2013. During that time, the IBT/EC7 votes in the ability to bring on SOB MOHO, even more members leave, and the will from the Units to make changes is crushed and they are left in control of the club with their new MOHO buddy's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post

You wait and see.
Let’s see now, if I read you correct Paul, what your saying is no matter what the membership does including rewriting the Constitution, that the same people who control the club, will be in charge after the constitution and bylaws are changed and we will no longer be an all Airstream club!

That this fact alone will be too much for some and they will leave? This will also most likely leave members who either really do not care about the clubs politics/future or they feel powerless to change it! Does that about sum it up?

These are exactly the kind of folks that the leadership want in the club and are almost certain to be all who are left! Those willing to send in their dues and expect nothing in return! In the words of one past IP “why can’t they (those of us who really care) just go away and leave us alone?” This group hates the “tail wagging the dog” and will go to any length to shake us off!

I hated to do it but I did not renew my membership after 11 years. There are other ways and other people out there who actually want to camp with unaffiliated Airstream owners. Think about it, how many new airstreams have you seen at unit rallies in the past few years. If new owners join and leave or if they never join where are they now?

Airstream has sold a lot of trailers and precious few have been club members. Most are not and will not become members. The club hides behind its history and what newbie’s find out once they actually look into and experience it is that it’s not for them!

Some have resilience which takes awhile to break down but they will eventually throw in the towel! I’m one of those and while there may still be a glimmer of hope I have decided that until there is actually change I’ll be on the sideline like so many on the list, waiting to see which way the wind will blow next!

wam52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #137
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Forrest,

I would if I could, the email was identical to that in post 128. I have no additional information.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
The accord should be a written step by step itemized procedure. I've seen what Patti proposed to Norm, but I haven't seen Norm's. If you have it, could you post it?
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #138
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
The recording of the Mid-Winter IBT is at this link:
Here is the link:
http://www.wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageSRC=IBT_Delegate_Meetings_Live_Broad cast

The specific discussion on the DENCO Motion begins 1:16:56 (hr:min:sec) into the recording and ends at 2:04:20.

Don Shafer blaming the loss of membership and all controversy on everyone but himself begins at 30:50 and ends at 39:37.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #139
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I gotta hear THAT!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #140
Rivet Master

New Question:
With this new WBCCI Constitution, a new Entity, ( Change of Corporate Charter) soon to debut, won't all the WBCCI Units have to revise/re-write their comstitutions to comply with WBCCI. Currently, all the Units must review their constitutions every 5 years, and make changes to be in compliance with HQ? Will WBCCI/Units all need to notify their respective Secretaries of State of this change being made if it passes muster with the membership?
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wbcci forum