Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #81
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Very good, Forrest. Thanks for posting.

The arrogance within which such twisted logic exists is near-incredible, if it weren't so achingly familiar a refrain---unaccountable power run completely amok.

Maggie
Old 01-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #82
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I have cut back on my reading of posts about the WBCCI as it seems more than sad to see a once good organization die a slow death. The way the organization is run resembles any other dictatorship where those in power interpret and create rules to maintain their power. Unlike the Soviet Union and other dictatorships, you don't have to live within the WBCCI borders.

Good luck loyal members.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #83
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
For those following this thread, it has now gone to a different thread.
See: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...age-73191.html
Old 01-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1981 20' International
Shasta Lake City , California
Free the heels...the mind will follow! Go nomad.

Come and see me at: https://www.airforums.com/forums/f185...-71804-60.html
Trex "Airstream Nomad"
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #85
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Thumbs up GReat News from Mid-Winter IBT!

I have just recieved a telephone call from a member of the Executive Committee that a "special meeting" of the IBT was held today. President Beu has reversed his position due to the concerns of the Region Presidents. I have been assured that on Friday, Region 11 President Neumarkel will withdraw his motion #5 with the assurance from President Beu that the Constitution & Bylaws Committee will issue its letter of recommendation and the DENCO Unit motion to amend will be sent out to all the other Units of the Club.

I'm feeling pretty pumped!

Be sure to tune in Friday for the IBT simulcast!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #86
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I have been assured that on Friday, Region 11 President Neumarkel will withdraw his motion #5 with the assurance from President Beu that the Constitution & Bylaws Committee will issue its letter of recommendation and the DENCO Unit motion to amend will be sent out to all the other Units of the Club.
That is great news!

I presume that the CBL committee's recommendation will be that the amendment not be passed, but that's their right. The main thing is to get it out there for a vote by the units in accordance with the WBCCI Constitution.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #87
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
John, the eternal pessimist

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #88
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
I've just had a phone conversation with Region 11 President Neumarkel, and he believes all of this will be announced during the IBT Seminar scheduled tomorrow.

The seminar will serve as President Beu's confirmation of the agreement. Since Motion #5 is near the end of the agenda it is possible the seminar could carry over into Wednesday.

According to the WBCCI website:

"The Tuesday, January 25th, IBT Seminar will be broadcast from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The session usually breaks for lunch from 12 noon to 1 p.m."

"The Executive Board will meet on Monday, January 28th, beginning at 8:00 a.m. to be followed immediately by the International Board of Trustees meeting. There will be a break for lunch from approximately 12 noon to 1 p.m."

"Audio for the meetings will be streamed live. A windows Streaming Server is being used. Anyone who wants to listen to the meetings must use Windows Media Player and connect to the audio at http://WBCCI.primcast.com/WBCCI"

"The feed will begin approximately 10 minutes before the meeting begins. The microphone will be closed during recess and music will be played during this period."
Old 01-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #89
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

That's good news Forrest. I'll be listening!
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #90
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
A big THANK YOU goes to Dan Neumarkel, Bob Moss and other IBT Region Presidents and members of the Executive Committee. This would not have happened without them.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #91
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
I am absolutely stunned. I literally feel sickened by what has transpired at the Mid-Winter IBT meeting. There was an agreement and President Beu has dismissed the agreement by simply saying that he "misspoke." It was an incredible betrayal. He got Region 11 President Neumarkel to withdraw his motion #5, by agreeing to move the DENCO Unit motion to amend the Constitution forward, and then backs out of the agreement BUT prohibits Dan from making his motion, ruling that it would be unconstitutional.

Three Region Presidents and Treasurer Bob Moss spoke up, saying that there was an agreement. The President even admitted that there was an agreement, but persisted in ruling it unconstitutional.

What is there left to say?
Old 01-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #92
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
How about, "...you should have know better." So sorry Forrest, but what has changed here exactly?
__
Actually, Leo, it would be perfectly within your right to say to me, "I told you so."
Old 01-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #93
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
I hope none of you missed that Treasurer Bob Moss made a "motion", but that the President ignored it altogether.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #94
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It really is sad, and very, very disheartening.

We attended the meeting today in Robstown, and the frustration and disgust on many faces as this went down was quite apparent.

Doug & Maggie
Old 01-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #95
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
It's been apparent to me, since the C&BL Revision Committee's completely new constitution was announced, that the Region 11 amendment was toast.

I don't know what you call it in a constitutional convention--which is what the 2011 delegates meeting is going to be--but in the Patent & Trademark Office it would be called "an inteference"--where two people are trying to patent overlapping material at the same time. (The PTO has defined rules for handling it.)

Look at some possibilities:

1. HQ sends the amendment to the units, they vote on it before 2011 International, and it wins. The amendment is immediately adopted. (Article XVI Section 1 is independent of International meeting schedule.)

But it doesn't matter. The new amendment goes into the wastebasket along with the rest of the original constitution if the "new, improved, constitution" is adopted at the 2011 Delegates meeting.

2. The Region 11 amendment process isn't completed until after the new constitution is adopted at the 2011 Delegates meeting. It has succeeded in amending a constitution that no longer exists.

The Region 11 amendment comes into effect only if it is adopted and the proposed new constitution is not.

And that may be a possibility, considering this year's delegates meeting may turn into a real food fight. Recall from past controversies that the IBT and the Delegates are both "deliberative bodies"--which reminds us of Bismarck's quotation about the making of laws and sausages. Both messy and bloody processes.

I can't remember how many unit meetings I've attended where the elected delegates either asked for, or asked to be denied, the right to "vote their conscience", i.e. vote what they believed to be their unit's wishes--on amendments offered at the delegates meeting.

Some of the delegates are going to want changes before accepting the new constitution and others are likely to be unable to vote for any except the original proposal. It takes a 2/3 majority to amend the constitution--which the "new, improved, constitution" might very well not achieve.

And the devil is always in the details. I'll be waiting anxiously to see them.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #96
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
It's been apparent to me, since the C&BL Revision Committee's completely new constitution was announced, that the Region 11 amendment was toast.... It takes a 2/3 majority to amend the constitution--which the "new, improved, constitution" might very well not achieve..
How else were we to proceed? The CBL revision committee has been working in secrecy.

But you're right that it may have made our motion toast. I've been aware that it was likely going to be a conflict.

Here's the thing. Isn't the revision about giving members their vote? How does that square with just happened?

My view is that same as it has been for years. Leo has been saying it too. None of this is about Airstreams, or motorhomes or memberships. It is all about control. I fear that the revision will centralize that control. The members will all have a direct vote. So what? The control will still be retained by those who see themselves as entitled, and even more so with the revision.

Direct voting sounds good, but what if we only get to vote on what they put out there? It won't change anything for the elite.

Ask yourselves this, why are the president and past presidents so supportive of the revision? Are you thinking they are at long last going to be fair and give the membership a say?

I can hardly wait to read this revision.

And here's another question. The revision isn't an amendment to the current constitution. It replaces it. So, is a 2/3 majority needed, or just a majority?
Old 01-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #97
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
If , for the moment, we assume that the proposals coming from the revision committee are for the most part satisfactory I think we need to get behind it and do all possible to push it through with the idea of tweaking it later.

There is a great danger that this is going to turn into an even bigger fiasco than the MOHO issue as every one runs to protect their turf.

If this doesn't happen fast, it could go on for years while the membership continues to disappear.

It would probably be good to continue with Forrest's motion also. If the constitution doesn't change it is needed. Probably a plan B motion will be needed if the changes do take place
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #98
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
How else were we to proceed? The CBL revision committee has been working in secrecy.
You have done all you could possibly do. It gets back to your original comments about "good faith".

Quote:
I can hardly wait to read this revision.
Me too. As you say, the issue is, do the members actually get any say-so, or does power continue to be consolidated, now in an even smaller group of people.

Quote:
And here's another question. The revision isn't an amendment to the current constitution. It replaces it. So, is a 2/3 majority needed, or just a majority?
The new constitution has to be accepted under the current constitution. So it's still 2/3. I don't doubt that the executive committee will pull out all the stops to promote the new constitution to the membership. But then, they did that with the name change and the motor home amendments, and you see how those turned out. If there are fatal flaws, it's up to us to point them out. They can always try again in 2012
Old 01-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #99
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Here's a new constitution to consider; all the units vote to secede from the IBT's rule and have the unit and region delegates work together for the members. For the life of me I cannot see what the IBT or more specifically the EC, adds to the experience or what units need with them at all. What do they do for the general membership if anything? So to be tethered by their proclaimations and hand over whatever dues is stipulated seems unnecessary if the majority has had it with this style of governance. The Classic Airstream Club and VAC are really all that is needed. Let the International Club travel on the million in whatever they please but stop giving them more and asking permission and assigning them executive power.Take back the control of the Airstream club that they don't even care about.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #100
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
The new constitution has to be accepted under the current constitution. So it's still 2/3.
The current constitution has no provision for replacing it. Don't count on a 2/3 majority being required.

An entirely new constitution and bylaws (if that is what it will be - there seems to some hint that it will just be bylaws) is a new club. We won't be the old club. I have to wonder about Ohio articles of incorporation. How would that be affected?

Tags
wbcci forum