Old 11-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #337
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
The FL Unit voted to ratify the DENCO amendment today. There were no dissenting votes.

Randy

2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #338
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
That is great, Randy. If this change fails, it will likely be for failure to vote on the part of enough units. It's a shame that unit leaders can choose NOT to hold a vote (though I'm not sure they can legally ignore it).

Perhaps we should bring it forward again and force a delegate vote if it fails to receive 2/3 this time. You are assured that at least 2/3 of the units present at the meeting will cast votes then.

mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #339
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic
Ocala , Florida
The Florida Springs Unit voted to ratify the amendment at their Business Meeting On saturday November 12.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #340
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
This has been an enlightening thread to read as we consider what our FT retirement coach should be.

First of all, an Airstream is still very much a possibility. If it had been eliminated, I wouldn't be visiting this forum. However, membership in WBCCI is not necessarily something that will happen if we buy an Airstream, and the various discussions on this forum are the primary reason.

When DW and I first started talking about becoming fulltimers, one of the examples I brought up was WBCCI. Of course, at that point all that I knew was what I remembered from reading Trailer Travel Here and Abroad back in the 1960's. I hadn't realized that things had turned so bad.

Last month we were graciously invited to attend the Fall Rally in Branson. We were able to attend only for a brief period, but got to see all of the beautiful coaches and meet some wonderful people. In the brief time that we were there I couldn't tell if there were any people with "official dress" or not, but there were lots of very friendly people with smiles who were willing to talk to us about their Airstreams.

I guess the question I would ask of the leaders and members of WBCCI is this: "What is the purpose of the organization?" The purpose today may not be the same as it was 50 years ago. Once that is determined, it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to go about accomplishing that purpose. It may take some restructuring and redefining some duties. It may even take some reductions in elected leadership. Whatever it takes, people, figure it out. You have something that once had great value, and may yet have value. Don't throw it away.
Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #341
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Has anyone got the current list by unit name or number as to how units have voted?

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #342
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Well said, David.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #343
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
If you want the answer, go to the leaders of successful units. Ask what is working, what their members value from the club, and how the Regions and International can refocus to benefit, as well.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #344
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
What was once the largest unit in Texas, the Texas Unit, just folded a month or two ago because no one would step up and take officer positions. There were still a fair number of members in the unit.

My unit, Texas Highland Lakes, now includes many of their former members. We are well over 100 rigs including associate members, and close to 100 regular members. I understand that we are the fastest growing conventional (non-internet) unit in the club. We have more than doubled in size in the last few years.

The most important part of the answer is to avoid internal cliques and give everyone a fair shake. The next part of the answer is to be as laid back as the rules allow. This isn't a military organization. The last part of the answer is to provide members with activities. We have six hosted rallies a year, several weekend state park camp outs a yesr, and monthly luncheons. Our rally attendance is now often limited by number of sites the park can provide. Our last rally was limited to 30 rigs because of other things going on in the area and our Xmas rally will be limited to about the same because of winter Texans. We usually have a number of drive-ins in addition to rigs attending.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #345
2 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Ottawa , Ontario
When (if?) this amendment passes how will the new powers be exercised. Is there a clear and valid procedure that will come into play? It is one thing to give the members the right to construe, etc. It is another matter to have a process to determine the views of the members in so construing, etc.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:47 AM   #346
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Valid procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH View Post
When (if?) this amendment passes how will the new powers be exercised. Is there a clear and valid procedure that will come into play? It is one thing to give the members the right to construe, etc. It is another matter to have a process to determine the views of the members in so construing, etc.
Yes, there is a clear, valid and tested procedure. It is found in Roberts Rules of Order, Chapter XIX, Conventions. It covers caucuses, basic provisions needed in Bylaws, procedures, credentials, etc.

The use of Roberts Rules is already authorized in WBCCI Bylaws:
ARTICLE I
PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
Sec. 1
The rules contained in the current edition of "Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised" shall govern the international club in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the bylaws of the international club. (1/21/94)
Old 12-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #347
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Please know that NOVA has voted to pass the motion.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #348
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
A Minor Glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Yes, there is a clear, valid and tested procedure. It is found in Roberts Rules of Order, Chapter XIX, Conventions. It covers caucuses, basic provisions needed in Bylaws, procedures, credentials, etc.

The use of Roberts Rules is already authorized in WBCCI Bylaws:
ARTICLE I
PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
Sec. 1
The rules contained in the current edition of "Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised" shall govern the international club in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the bylaws of the international club. (1/21/94)
While Roberts Rules of Order are listed in the bylaws, they only cover the bylaws and policy. The order of precedence is:

a. The Laws of the State of Ohio
b. The Articles of Incorporation
c. The Constitution
d. The bylaws and policy
Roberts Rules of Order

For the beady eyed parliamentarians, you can not use a subordinate item to govern a superior item.

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Howard E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #349
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard E View Post
For the beady eyed parliamentarians, you can not use a subordinate item to govern a superior item.
I did not suggest or imply that RONR governs the Constitution or Bylaws. I have stated previously and quoted the exact opposite, that the Constitution authorizes Bylaws and the Bylaws authorize RONR. RONR itself states that is the order of precedence.

The question I posted an answer to simply asked if there was a procedure in place for the delegates to use if the amendment passes. RONR is already in use by the WBCCI in all of its meetings. So, there is no conflict, even for beady eyed parliamentarians.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #350
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Anyone have the unit vote count to date?

Also what is the exact deadline for the units to vote.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wbcci forum