Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Montrose , Colorado
Airstream Survey - Question 24

Question 24 on the Airstream, Inc. online survey reads:

If you are not a member of the WBCCI, would you be interested in joining another Airstream based club?

Is it just me or does it sound like Airstream, Inc. is contemplating formation of a new club (something with Airstream in the name, perhaps)?

It is not down in any map; true places never are. ~Herman Melville
DesertStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertStream

Question 24 on the Airstream, Inc. online survey reads:

Is it just me or does it sound like Airstream, Inc. is contemplating formation of a new club (something with Airstream in the name, perhaps)?
There is a thread about this over on the WBCCI forum.

WBCCI Forum -

For what it's worth, here's the response that past IP Jim Haddaway received when he queried the president of Airstream, Inc. about it.

"Hi Jim,

Great to get your note. No, we have no plans to start a competing club. What we were trying to explore here is how much influence the idea of joining a community of Airstreamers has on the purchase process/decision. As you know, WBCCI membership used to be a major reason to buy Airstream, and for some it still is.

Hope this helps!

Best to you and J.,

Bob Wheeler"

See you down the road,
Nuvi

Old 10-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #3
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Question 24

Thor has been playing with this idea since at least 2005, when it was talked about at homecomming 2005.
Anything would be better that WBCCI.
Just my two cents worth.

Don
Old 10-16-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
_

. , .
another example of a poorly worded survey question...

"if you are NOT a a member of the wb'... "

many of us who ARE wb members would be interested in joining another a/s based club...

oh wait, we have already and it's right here!

the wb wigs need to stop worrying about what others might do and make massive changes...

the dying doesn't stop by fretting over the growth of other 'a/s fun' options.

bob's response is too kindly worded....

wb membership has virtually zero impact on new buyers or most repeat buyers in this century.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:57 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Escondido , California
Well with two cents, there is always room for change.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
No reason someone cann't belong to more than one club, none at all.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:52 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F
There is a thread about this over on the WBCCI forum.

"As you know, WBCCI membership used to be a major reason to buy Airstream, and for some it still is."
Bob Wheeler

WOW (in disbelief) If that is so, it must be the ones that pushed for SOBs in the club so they could save on member costs! And I thought $70.00 was too much for the repetitive coupon book (BB.)

Yes the questionaire did not seek an answer to that question from those that were WBCCI members. Because I certainly would give a new club a shot. As already mentioned here one can belong to many clubs.

Now however I could answer the question because we did not renew for next year. After 4 years of disappointing constants I refuse to fund the leadership's freebies. Apparently the general membership's clamour for improvement falls on deaf or stubborn ears.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:16 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Ditto for me too.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #9
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
I would like to add that this forum has had more to do with us getting another Airstream than potential membership in the WBCCI. I understand that the focus of that survey question pertains to consumers of "new" trailers, but I would like to point out that the airforums encourages people to purchase, enjoy, and use their new and/or previously owned Airstreams with shared knowledge and federation (as fly fishers say) with other Airstream folks at forum rallies, or in the forum itself. Speaking for my family, every time we use this forum we learn something new that helps us find a better campground, make new friends, fix something that needs it, and become happier campers. Here's to the forum!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:06 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
WooHoo! Another chance to get my oar in the water and repeat (ad infinatum) that the only benefit to me from WBCCI is being able to join the VAC. Oh, and the lingering fear that there will be some nifty rally I can't attend if I'm not WBCCI'd.

That being said, this forum provides 98% of my Airstream satisfaction (outside of actually working on and using my silver bullets, that is).

Zep
Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:49 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
I know this is a horse that's been beaten to death but someone really should start a new national or international Airstream Club. The History of the WBCCI should be preserved but it's day has come and gone. It'll never be what it once was.There will always be those that hold on to the bitter end but the ship has to many holes in it and the crew are for the most part old and and have no vision for the future. It's like watching your grandfather with Alzheimer's, you love him but you know he's lost it. You want him to get better but you know in reality it's never going to happen.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:45 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman
... the ship has too many holes in it and the crew are for the most part old and and have no vision for the future. It's like watching your grandfather with Alzheimer's, you love him but you know he's lost it. You want him to get better but you know in reality it's never going to happen.
Yowsir, yowsir, the Doctor has spoken! I think I can find the WBCCI DNR toe tag around here somewhere....

It's time to hand the reins to the 4CU founders, who started out fresh with the right idea. Well, that's my vote.

Zep
Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Smile Patience, Grasshopper, patience. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Now however I could answer the question because we did not renew for next year. After 4 years of disappointing constants I refuse to fund the leadership's freebies. Apparently the general membership's clamour for improvement falls on deaf or stubborn ears.
Carol,

Very sorry to hear this, but I judge not. If in the fullness of time WBCCI evolves into something more to your liking--which it will--you can always come back.

I have a very bad feeling about this year--I think WBCCI will see an unusually large number of nonrenewals. In addition to the ones I'm hearing about on the forums, two of my favorite couples from my favorite unit are getting out this year, one because of age and another apparently of general weariness of the politics.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. I suspect things are going to have to get worse before they get better, and it looks like they are taking a lurch to the worse this year.

To respectfuly disagree with Craftsman's contention, WBCCI is not like your elderly relative with Alzheimer's. Sooner or later all of us are mortal, but every year WBCCI picks up new members, most of whom would like to see changes. The elders who resist these changes are aging, and sooner or later the balance of power will inevitably shift toward change.

I hope someday many of you disaffected members will come back. (We may need to start a new unwritten tradition that returning members are obligated to fix those of us who stuck it out a round of margaritas. . .)

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 12-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium
Yowsir, yowsir, the Doctor has spoken! I think I can find the WBCCI DNR toe tag around here somewhere....

It's time to hand the reins to the 4CU founders, who started out fresh with the right idea. Well, that's my vote.

Zep
All of our disagreements with WBCCI leadership will be taken care of by attrition. I don't mean to sound cruel but leadership comes and goes and nothing is forever. Fortunately we have groups like the FCU and New England that are laying the groundwork for the Clubs future. Instead of not renewing join one of these two groups or other similar groups like them. Heck start your own it only takes you and nine others.

By sending your dues money to the groups that reflect your attitude you begin the process of laying the groundwork for the Clubs future. If this Club does not suit our needs then we have failed.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote